Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank you John Franklin Broyles

Started by rzrbackrob, August 13, 2011, 10:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackrob

Frank Broyles is and always will be the greatest Razorback. :razorback:

God only knows where the Hogs would be right now if Frank had not had the tremendous foresight to get them into the SEC.

Thank you Frank,

From a lifelong 4th generation Hog fan.
Good is the enemy of great

Bogghawg

Quote from: rzrbackrob on August 13, 2011, 10:14:17 am

God only knows where the Hogs would be right now if Frank had not had the tremendous foresight to get them into the SEC.

What he said!!

Thank you Frank,

What he said!!
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Divot

I saw Frank at the golf course earlier this week. Should've asked to shake his hand and thanked him for making the right decision on leaving the SWC so long ago but I didn't want to bother. Think he was watching a granddaughter practice.

scarolinahog

I will give him that-good move going to the SEC. One of the few things he did that wasn't a disaster. He did more harm than good. If he was still in control Arkansas football wouldn't be where it is now
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Quote from: NolanForAD on August 13, 2011, 10:16:17 am
Yellow Jacket
This is stupid.  So the 50+ years he gave to Arkansas is overweighed by the 4 he was in college?

Sivad

Thank you Frank

Frank Broyles built the Arkansas Razorbacks.
His moving them to the SEC was pure genius.

Hawg Balling

Thank you Frank,

Made comments like these to my wife this morning when talking about how Texas is in the midst of destroying its second conference in 20 years. 

Yellow Jacket

Joe Paterno went to Brown, so the Penn State fan base will always consider him a Bear

Razorfox

Quote from: scarolinahog on August 13, 2011, 10:25:50 am
I will give him that-good move going to the SEC. One of the few things he did that wasn't a disaster. He did more harm than good. If he was still in control Arkansas football wouldn't be where it is now

I don't think so.  You could almost make that case if you only looked at his last 5 - 10 years, but over his entire time at Arkansas, it would be about 85% good and 15% bad. 

OTTER

Quote from: scarolinahog on August 13, 2011, 10:25:50 am
You need to go back to school and retake Razorback History 101   because you failed it the first time.  No doubt that Frank made some mistakes, but his good decisions outweighed his bad ones by a ton!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Hawgcore

Best Broyles decisions ranked in order:

1) move to SEC (early '90s)
2) hire Nolan Richardson (mid '80s)
3) hire Lou Holtz (late '70s)
4) hire Eddie Sutton (late '70s)

Note: That his last legit decision was made nearly twenty years before his tenure ended . . .

jmingram911

scarolinahog

Quote from: OTTER on August 13, 2011, 11:30:07 am
You need to go back to school and retake Razorback History 101   because you failed it the first time.  No doubt that Frank made some mistakes, but his good decisions outweighed his bad ones by a ton!

Firing Lou Holtz
Hiring Jack Crowe
Not hiring Jimmy Johnson
10 Years of the Nutt(he consistently praised Nutt)
Running off Hatfield
The Nolan nightmare
Saying in public Arkansas could never be a top SEC football program

This dude was on a power trip. And anybody who is AD at a university right next to some of the richest corporations in the world is going to raise money.

Give me a break.

OTTER

Quote from: scarolinahog on August 13, 2011, 11:47:48 am

Firing Lou Holtz
Hiring Jack Crowe
Not hiring Jimmy Johnson
Running off Hatfield
The Nolan nightmare

This dude was on a power trip. And anybody who is AD at a university right next to some of the richest corporations in the world is going to raise money.

Give me a break.

Again, another dufus who can't open his eyes and see what the man accomplished for the athletic dept. and the University as a whole.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

OTTER

Firing Lou Holtz
Hiring Jack Crowe
Not hiring Jimmy Johnson
Running off Hatfield
The Nolan nightmare

Give me a break.

Holtz was fired for cause, at the time of Nolan's firing, the majority of the state was sick of his rants and wanted him gone-especially the major boosters, Jimmy Johnson's recruiting practices were a dark cloud over his head(But I too wished we had hired him) but I will agree, the Hatfield and Crowe situations were two of his mistakes.  And Nutt should not have been here more than 6 years(actually he shouldn't have been hired, and he was not Frank's choice).

codeHog

Hatfield, Sutton, Holtz and Richardson ran themselves off with  their egos. I was there so don't try and tell me I am wrong. Not defending Broyles as always being right, just want him blamed for his mistakes, not other folks junk

hoghiker

Arkansas wouldn't be where it is at if Broyles hadn't been in charge. His biggest mistake was staying too long. In my opinion, all in all, a forgivable sin. The post Broyles era has gone better than I expected and I suspect, and this is a guess, that is due in part to Broyles really turning loose of the power throttle. Some people, a bunch of power broker types, can never do this. Go Petrino, go Hogs, Go Mike, go Hogs. WPS.

jkstock04

August 13, 2011, 12:29:15 pm #16 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:33:12 pm by jkstock04
It's crystal clear to me now that Broyles never would have stood for a high profile football coach here.  Not a chance.  I believe he was a micro-manager of the football program...and quite frankly if you really want to get into it had a major hand in ruining Houston Nutt as a modern coach with his conservative 1950's type of football ideals.  Nutt's first year he had a helluva offense...ya we had the players in place....but Nutt never shyed away from from the passing game then....I remember many a bomb down the middle of the field to Davenport.

If he were AD now we would most likely still be stuck with Nutt....or possibly even worse.  Honestly, he stayed about 10 years too long.  But I do agree with the stance that we should all be thankful for the good things he did do back in the day....especially the move to the SEC.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: codeHog on August 13, 2011, 12:21:26 pm
Hatfield, Sutton, Holtz and Richardson ran themselves off with  their egos. I was there so don't try and tell me I am wrong. Not defending Broyles as always being right, just want him blamed for his mistakes, not other folks junk
I was not around but I thought it was common knowledge he ran Holtz off.  Maybe you can give us a little razorback history lesson and let us know what really happened.  Honestly, I have no idea the details of what happened there.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OTTER

Quote from: Root66 on August 13, 2011, 12:31:12 pm
The Hatfield situation was all on Kenny if your saying Broyles made a mistake by running him off. Kenny held that contract for his signature for 7 more years and all he had to do was sign it, which by the way he shook Broyles' hand on and said he would do. He chose Clemson, site unseen the next day. Over the telephone...a land line at that.
Good points, I stand semi-corrected.  There was the issue of Kenny being told to make staff changes, which he would not do. 

OTTER

Quote from: Root66 on August 13, 2011, 12:35:39 pm
Broyles didn't "run Holtz off". He fired his ass for insubordination. Man don't you people ever read anything? As many times as this has been discussed and documentation provided. I don't get it!
Some fans are just too young to know what all was involved in several of these situations and all they know is what someone told them.  Not their fault, really, they's just young 'uns.  Now old farts like me--lived it!

Hou-Hog

Quote from: OTTER on August 13, 2011, 11:56:34 am
Again, another dufus who can't open his eyes and see what the man accomplished for the athletic dept. and the University as a whole.
Frank got a dew really big decisions correct (ie SWC to SEC, Nolan), but it is completely ignorant not to recognize that he had several large blunders. 

Hou-Hog

Quote from: codeHog on August 13, 2011, 12:21:26 pm

Your right Frank does not have an ego and that played no role in any of those issues.

PHAHog357

Nolan was treated differently than Nutt and Nolan won us a title but I won't go there because some see only what they choose to see. We were on our way back with Iggy coming into the fold but that's history. Frank did good and bad. I think the good outweighs the bad
Ninohog never forgotten

termite

Y'all need to understand that Coach Broyles is human. Y'all blame his ego but what great leader doesn't have one? He, like others, made mistakes but he saw the Big Picture and got us out of the cease pool called the SWC into the SEC 20 years before now. There would be no CBP IF THAT MOVE HADN'T HAPPEN!!

scarolinahog

Frank Broyles always wanted to be the best coach in the history of Arkansas. He was a meddler with every coach he had, and never wanted anyone to be better than he was. Every good coach in Broyles tenure had issues with him, EVERY ONE OF THEM. I think Arkansas has underachieved under Broyles, and I really believe 5 years from now you will be able to look back and agree.

When Jack Crowe was fired, Broyles should have had to follow him right out the door. That nightmare was the beginning of a bad time in Arkansas football.

Broyles fired Holtz over the Jesse Helms commercial in North Carolina. He was looking for anything, and this commerical was no big deal. He just knew Holtz was a better coach and the fans loved him.

After the Jimmy Johnson Miami team waxed the Hogs, in Little Rock, 51-7, you would think Broyles would lose a lot of credibility. After Johnson's Dallas super bowl wins, you had to know Frank Broyles ruined our chances for the Arkansas version of Bear Bryant.

rnclittlerock

Quote from: termite on August 13, 2011, 12:59:19 pm
Y'all need to understand that Coach Broyles is human. Y'all blame his ego but what great leader doesn't have one? He, like others, made mistakes but he saw the Big Picture and got us out of the cease pool called the SWC into the SEC 20 years before now. There would be no CBP IF THAT MOVE HADN'T HAPPEN!!

yeah, a bad human.

no one cares.  it's over.  you lost.  frank is gone.  get over it.

hogmaniak10

Frank Broyles laid the foundation in which coach Petrino is using to get our recruits(facilities). Anyone who doesn't make mistakes is doing nothing. Be proud of where we are and whether you like it or not Frank Broyles had a lot to do with it.

fanofthehog

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Root66 on August 13, 2011, 12:35:39 pm
Broyles didn't "run Holtz off". He fired his ass for insubordination. Man don't you people ever read anything? As many times as this has been discussed and documentation provided. I don't get it!

I'll give it up to you, Root.  You've posted and reposted again and again on the end of Holtz's tenure. 

Jek Tono Porkins

Yellow Jacket
Nolan...that freaking Miner. He's no Razorback.
Petrino...that Fighting Saint. He's no Razorback.
Anderson...that Golden Hurricane...He's no Razorback.
McDonnell...that Ragin' Cajun...He's no Razorback.

I swear, dude, you've got to be one of the dumbest posters on hogville. I don't think you believe half of the stuff you post.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hawgcore on August 13, 2011, 11:44:59 am

Note: That his last legit decision was made nearly twenty years before his tenure ended . . .

Well said Franks Nutt love nearly ruined the program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

scarolinahog

Quote from: Root66 on August 13, 2011, 01:58:52 pm
Jimmy Johnson was NEVER TO BE the head coach at ARKANSAS. NEVER. He was way too cutthroat (1980's version of Gene Chizik and Jim Tressel. And a contemporary of Ron Meyer and Bobby Collins (of SMU death penalty fame) and Barry Switzer of the infamous Oklahoma Sooner renegades. Jimmy Johnson was doing the EXACT SAME THING at Oklahoma State then at MIAMI. And Broyles recruited against him and knew every rotten, under the table move Jimmy Johnson made. He left Miami in TERRIBLE SHAPE which Dennis Erikson maintained. Both were cited in the NCAA investigation that followed their tenures at the "U", with resulting probation. Same back at Oklahoma State when Johnson left it up to Pat Jones. NCAA probation.

Jimmy Johnson himself ruined any chance he had to be the head coach at Arkansas.

Come back when you know what the hell you're talking about.

I know Franky wanted honest coaches like Crowe. Jimmy wanted to come to Arkansas and would have. We missed out for sure. If you think Jimmy Johnson not coming to Arkansas was a good thing I am going to call the police right now so they can come and shut your meth lab down. 

Did Bear Bryant ever get in recruiting violations/probation? Hell yes he did and he was one of the best coaches in the history of the game. So was Johnson. Frank might have been in the top 30 coaches of all time.

The main thing Broyles was good at was hiring assistants that made him look good. To bad he didn't follow suit as AD.

Glad he is gone. Damn glad.

OTTER

Quote from: scarolinahog on August 13, 2011, 12:59:49 pm
Frank Broyles always wanted to be the best coach in the history of Arkansas. He was a meddler with every coach he had, and never wanted anyone to be better than he was. Every good coach in Broyles tenure had issues with him, EVERY ONE OF THEM. I think Arkansas has underachieved under Broyles, and I really believe 5 years from now you will be able to look back and agree.

When Jack Crowe was fired, Broyles should have had to follow him right out the door. That nightmare was the beginning of a bad time in Arkansas football.

Broyles fired Holtz over the Jesse Helms commercial in North Carolina. He was looking for anything, and this commerical was no big deal. He just knew Holtz was a better coach and the fans loved him.

After the Jimmy Johnson Miami team waxed the Hogs, in Little Rock, 51-7, you would think Broyles would lose a lot of credibility. After Johnson's Dallas super bowl wins, you had to know Frank Broyles ruined our chances for the Arkansas version of Bear Bryant.
Again, you do a great job of distorting the facts, and have said nothing that shows you have any idea of what you are talking about. 

phoggy

Quote from: Hawgcore on August 13, 2011, 11:44:59 am

This pretty much sums it up...I might also add the majority of his coaching years.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

TMc

Quote from: Razorfox on August 13, 2011, 11:13:58 am
I don't think so.  You could almost make that case if you only looked at his last 5 - 10 years, but over his entire time at Arkansas, it would be about 85% good and 15% bad. 
Absolutely.., anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what their talking about.  We would be nowhere withouth Frank Broyles.., his last few years I think White had him cut off to be able to do his job the way he wanted to .., but I'm not totally sure .., anyway he did way, way more good than bad.

majestic

Broyles in the title of a thread is like the Batsignal to summon Root. 
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Sow Lancelot

Firing Lou Holtz
Hiring Jack Crowe
Not hiring Jimmy Johnson
Running off Hatfield
The Nolan nightmare

Give me a break.

Son, you're just ignert.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

rzrbackrob

Except for a brief span in the early 1900's when the Cardinals earned the name Razorbacks under Hugo Bezdek, Arkansas did not approach greatness until Barnhill hired Frank in the late 50's.

1st reason Frank is the greatest Razorback:
Barnhill and Frank hatched a plan to use radio to turn the entire state of Arkansas into Razorback fans.
Frank had a run as coach in the 60's that has no equal in Razorback history. This success along with the free access to radio for the citizens of the state cemented the Hogs as Arkansas' team. While this in itself is enough to position Frank as the most important Razorback, there is more, much more:

2nd reason Frank is the greatest Razorback:
In the late 70's, Frank took over as full time AD and left Lou one of the most talented teams in Razorback history. Frank also hired Eddie Sutton and Nolan in basketball. John McDonnell won all his championships during Frank's watch. He hired DVH in baseball. Norm DeBriyn had his greatest success while Frank was AD. All this was possible because Frank decided that as AD, he wanted all sports to thrive, not just Football. Why were all these coaches able to be so successful at Arkansas?

3rd reason Arkansas fans should say a little thank you to Frank everytime the Hogs win a game:
Go around the SEC or any college campus and see how the Hogs rank in overall facilities. All built with a plan Frank laid down as AD in the mid 70's. No government handout, all built by Razorback fan's belief in Frank's vision.

Finally, Frank's greatest legacy may have been to be 20 yrs ahead of everyone else and move a reluctant fan base to the SEC.
Good is the enemy of great

jesterzzn

I want to punch some of you people in the face.  But not if you're going to punch me back.

phoggy

Quote from: jesterzzn on August 13, 2011, 06:58:05 pm
I want to punch some of you people in the face.  But not if you're going to punch me back.

A man that knows his limitations... i like it.  :)
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Westcoasthog

Coach Frank Broyles is the SAVIOR for Arkansas.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: jesterzzn on August 13, 2011, 06:58:05 pm
My philosophy for years.

Gotigers08

lol Jimmy Johnson was a cheater... That was the reason we didnt want him?  OMG.  Ted Herrod?  That was Broyles life long friend.  Who was a cheater?  Lets not twist the past people.  Kenny Hatfield was ran off from this University!  If you think that it was about not making changes, god help you!  If Frank was so good at making changes then why on earth didnt he force Nutt?  70-17 to USC is more embarrassing than losing to UCLA (17-3) in the Cotton Bowl.  UCLA also had Troy Aikman.  Its funny to me that Ken Hatfield is said to be  nothing without Jack Crowe.  I guess the Citadel doesnt ring a bell.  Jack Crowe was a GOD at Arkansas.  Lord knows it was his offense that kept Ken Hatfields head above water.  That same stellar offense led to 3 points against Citadel... 3, the number after two.

Quote from: Root66 on August 13, 2011, 12:46:22 pm
You stand corrected on that too. Because the one STAFF change Broyles insisted on (not the individual hired but that Hatfield HAD to do something), was bringing in Jack Crowe as OC. So we went from 42 yards rushing and 42 yards passing against UCLA in the 89 Cotton Bowl (absolutely embarrassing) to setting a total offense record for the Cotton Bowl game the next year in 1990...with Jack Crowe calling the shots. IT WORKED.

Kenny Hatfield gets a lot of credit for being a hero of the 1964 N.C. and a nice guy. He sucked as a coach except he did field a good defense, with the exception of ONE GAME against Miami. His offense sucked until Jack Crowe.

19901990 Arkansas Razorbacks football
Conference Southwest Conference
1990 record 3-8 (1-7 SWC)
Head coach Jack Crowe
Home stadium Razorback Stadium
War Memorial Stadium
Seasons « 1989 1991 »

1990 Southwest Conference football standings
v · d · e   Conf       Overall
Team W   L   T     W   L   T
#12 Texas † 8 – 0 – 0     10 – 2 – 0
#10 Houston 7 – 1 – 0     10 – 1 – 0
#15 Texas A&M 5 – 2 – 1     9 – 3 – 1
Baylor 5 – 2 – 1     6 – 4 – 1
Rice 3 – 5 – 0     5 – 6 – 0
TCU 3 – 5 – 0     5 – 6 – 0
Texas Tech 3 – 5 – 0     4 – 7 – 0
Arkansas 1 – 7 – 0     3 – 8 – 0
SMU 0 – 8 – 0     1 – 10 – 0

† – Conference champion
Rankings from AP Poll

[edit] ScheduleDate Opponent# Rank# Site Result
9/15/90* Tulsa #15 Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR W 28-3   
9/22/90* Ole Miss #13 War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR (Rivalry) L 17-21   
9/30/90* Colorado State #23 War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR W 31-20   
10/06/90 TCU #21 War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR L 26-54   
10/13/90 Texas Tech  Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR L 44-49   
10/20/90 #19 Texas  Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX L 17-49   
10/27/90 at #6 Houston  Robertson Stadium • Houston, TX L 28-62   
11/03/90 Rice  War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR L 11-19   
11/10/90 Baylor  Floyd Casey Stadium • Waco, TX L 3-34   
11/17/90 Texas A&M  Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR (Rivalry) L 16-20   
12/1/90 at SMU  Gerald Ford Stadium • Irving, TX W 42-29   

Theres that Jacke Crowe offense at work.

Gotigers08

Ken Hatfield at Arkansas

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southwest Conference) (1984–1989)
1984 Arkansas 7–4–1 5–3 T–3rd L Liberty   
1985 Arkansas 10–2 6–2 T–2nd W Holiday 12 12
1986 Arkansas 9–3 6–2 T–2nd L Orange 16 15
1987 Arkansas 9–4 5–2 T–2nd L Liberty   
1988 Arkansas 10–2 7–0 1st L Cotton 13 12
1989 Arkansas 10–2 7–1 1st L Cotton 13 13
Arkansas: 55–17–1  36–10

Jack Crowe at Arkansas

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southwest Conference) (1990–1991)
1990 Arkansas 3–8 1–7  8th   
1991 Arkansas 6–6 5–3  T–2nd L Independence   
Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (1992)
1992 Arkansas 0–1* 0–0 1st

Arkansas: 9–15 6–10 *Fired after 1 game

if you are wondering that 0-1 in 1992 is where the God Jack Crowe lost to Citadel.  Thank you Jack Crowe for saving us from Ken Hatfield.  Maybe just maybe Ken Hatfield didnt want to promote the great football genius Jack Crowe.  Maybe that was what led to him leaving. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: majestic on August 13, 2011, 05:35:12 pm
Broyles in the title of a thread is like the Batsignal to summon Root.

Maybe Root is Frank.

BLS50

Thank you Coach Broyles, for your life long contributions to our State and to the Arkansas Razorbacks.  I appreciate your vision, your dedication, and that you love the Hogs.  I went to my first Razorback game in 1966 when I was 10 years old.  I also remember sitting around the kitchen table with my Dad listening to the games on the radio. None of us are perfect.  We all make mistakes.  I'm not going to dwell on your mistakes and hope you won't dwell on mine. I retired from the Army last year after serving 30 years, and I'm looking forward to attending some of the Razorback games in person this Fall, and calling the Hogs with thousands of other fans.  I will enjoy being at both Fayetteville and Little Rock, cheering for our team, thankful that on a beautiful Fall day in Arkansas, I can spend a few hours doing something I love to do....cheering for our Razorbacks.  Just wanted to say thanks to you for the many positive things you did, both as our Coach and as our AD. 

whomadetheredmanred

Quote from: Root66 on August 13, 2011, 01:58:52 pm

Come back when you know what the hell you're talking about.
Knowing what you're talking about isn't near as much fun when you don't get to blast people who don't. Truth will plow through the hardest ground; keep up the good fight!
I believe that any true Hog fan could tell of the day their blood became Hog Red. For me it was 07-31-06.

whomadetheredmanred

Until Michigan quarterback Tom Brady broke his record in 2000, Broyles held the Orange Bowl record for most passing yards in a game.
I believe that any true Hog fan could tell of the day their blood became Hog Red. For me it was 07-31-06.

hoglady

Broyles made lots of mistakes, but don't we all.
He did a whole lot more good than bad.

Broyles was not responsible for the hiring of Houston Nutt. That one sits on John White's shoulders. Broyles is getting the blame for alot of the problems over the last 15 years - when in reality it was John White and his stupid hiring committee's that are at fault.
If Broyles had his way - Tuberville would have been hired over Nutt and Self would have come in after Nolan.
If those 2 things had happenned would people still be complaining???
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Feralhog

August 14, 2011, 10:37:27 am #49 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:56:29 am by Feralhog
Quote from: Gotigers08 on August 14, 2011, 06:33:17 am
Ken Hatfield at Arkansas

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southwest Conference) (1984–1989)
1984 Arkansas 7–4–1 5–3 T–3rd L Liberty   
1985 Arkansas 10–2 6–2 T–2nd W Holiday 12 12
1986 Arkansas 9–3 6–2 T–2nd L Orange 16 15
1987 Arkansas 9–4 5–2 T–2nd L Liberty   
1988 Arkansas 10–2 7–0 1st L Cotton 13 12
1989 Arkansas 10–2 7–1 1st L Cotton 13 13
Arkansas: 55–17–1  36–10

Jack Crowe at Arkansas

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southwest Conference) (1990–1991)
1990 Arkansas 3–8 1–7  8th   
1991 Arkansas 6–6 5–3  T–2nd L Independence   
Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (1992)
1992 Arkansas 0–1* 0–0 1st

Arkansas: 9–15 6–10 *Fired after 1 game

if you are wondering that 0-1 in 1992 is where the God Jack Crowe lost to Citadel.  Thank you Jack Crowe for saving us from Ken Hatfield.  Maybe just maybe Ken Hatfield didnt want to promote the great football genius Jack Crowe.  Maybe that was what led to him leaving. 

I'm not sure which team you support but one thing's for damn sure, you're one ignorant friker.  Having Tigger in your name merely solidifies that belief.  There's a pretty good list of great coordinators who fell short as a head coach, I'll not waste my time providing names because the concept wouldn't be able to penetrate that water head of yours.

Now, if you want to make the point that Frank meddled too much in his coach's business, I'd probably agree.  It was the one true shortcoming he had in my book, and ironically, at a time when the program needed his meddling the most (end of 06) he screwed the pooch. 

In the end, JFB put Arkansas on the map, and we can thank him and his vision for us being in the SEC.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent