Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Gus throw deep to Baker

Started by leggman131652002, January 04, 2006, 08:00:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leggman131652002

Just wondering if ya think Gus will stretch the field with Chris Baker in his offense?
Really think he can have a big year if they do.

HatfieldHog

Will Baker have the Speed he used to have?
Will Baker catch the ball when it's thrown deep to him?
Baker has been completely silent after much acclaim coming in!

Right now, there are more questions than answers!     See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

CiriusPorker

Quote from: opineonswine on January 04, 2006, 08:01:05 am
If anyone can get anything out of Chris Baker, it's Gus. I still have doubts that Baker is a Div 1 player.
I do too.  He's fast, but that's about it.  He's not too bright.  I know this personally.  Sadly, he's not one of the smartest receivers we've had.  Other receivers like Monk are pretty smart ( I know this personally also).  i believe that Monk was valedictorian of his h.s. and a pretty nice guy too.

PulledPork

Quote from: opineonswine on January 04, 2006, 08:01:05 am
If anyone can get anything out of Chris Baker, it's Gus. I still have doubts that Baker is a Div 1 player.
he got a lot out of Clinkscales, and he is not even being recruited by D-1 schools.....

hoggystyle78

What about Cedric Washington, wasn't he converted from a Qb in highschool to WR? Is he fast enough to stretch the field? I think he was returning punts and kicks one year, normally I would think that the coaches would put a really fast player returning punts but after this year with our "punt catcher" who knows?

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on January 04, 2006, 08:11:25 am
What about Cedric Washington, wasn't he converted from a Qb in highschool to WR? Is he fast enough to stretch the field? I think he was returning punts and kicks one year, normally I would think that the coaches would put a really fast player returning punts but after this year with our "punt catcher" who knows?
I think that conversion has been good for him.  I think that kind of conversion helps them understand the offense better because they played on both ends of a pass.  I think his speed is average at best, but he's probably fast enough to be a threat if Monk is on the other side of the field.

hoggystyle78

Thank you Cirius, 1 applaud for you.

leggman131652002

In defense of Baker, how good can a guy get when he only gets about 1-2 balls thrown his way a game...news on his knee is all good..running as fast as before injury....Have always heard he does have a hard time adjusting to routes...but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to line up wide right and run the fly...And as good a Monk is saw him drop ball this year that he used to catch prob because he was shocked they actually threw it...how about that last pass of the game against LSU ..didnt even try to fight and catch it

HBTHogs

Chris Baker has the speed and the hands.  Nobody could get him the ball.  He had people beat deep, but MJ couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life.   

Nutts and Bolts

The real fact is IMO, in Malzahns "System" average players become very good players.  Very good players become GREAT players. IMO, Mitch needs to come to Gus and Arkansas in order to reach a high level of effectiveness.  Now could Mitch reach great heights elsewhere? Sure, but it is yet to be seen if he can be as productive in a conventional system..  Just one mans opinion.   GHG
Sorry about straying from the thread...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

RAZORBART

Quote from: HBTHogs on January 04, 2006, 09:12:11 am
Chris Baker has the speed and the hands. Nobody could get him the ball. He had people beat deep, but MJ couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life.

CW has not been that impressive when it comes to catching the ball !!!
think he hears footsteps but that may have been more RJ's inability to lead a receiver and throw it where more than likely the receiver would get his ass handed to him in a wad if he caught the ball. Hopefully CD can improve all this with Gus's help.

SaltPork

IF NUTT STAYS OUT OF THE PICTURE THAT MIGHT HAPPEN. IF HE MEDDLES, IT WILL BE MONK, MONK, MONK, MONK, ETAL!
Quote from: leggman131652002 on January 04, 2006, 08:00:05 am
Just wondering if ya think Gus will stretch the field with Chris Baker in his offense?
Really think he can have a big year if they do.

HogHeathen

No, it'll be monk and williams with a little norman and cleveland..