Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm glad Penn state won because...

Started by pigheaded, January 03, 2006, 11:59:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigheaded

This Orange bowl could have been won by either team at least three times easily.

If Houston Dumb Nuttz doesn't give the young man from Charleston a schollie,then HDN should be DeNutted.

Kicking is just too darned important!

CP
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

HatfieldHog

You want to talk about poorly played football, we just saw it in the Orange Bowl.
Yet it was a competitive game.  If FSU's quarterback is just OK, they win the game.  If Penn St.'s kicker can hit the broad side of a barn, they win the game.

I hope that we have a kicker next year....    See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Lando Calrissian

Penn State's QB looks like he got ran over a cement truck after that game.

You know it's a great football game when guys are carrying each other off the field after every series.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Foots

I thought it was a well played defensive struggle. That's the kind of football I like. The offenses did the best they could.

curioushog42

:o

Joe Paterno and that frog chopping Defensive Coodinator probably would have ate the players if they didn't win. Joe was snapping at everybody, including the waterboy. Lastly, can we donate some more clothes to Joe? He had that same wardrobe for 40 years. Talking about outdated...

WindyCityHog

Seems the Hogs aren't the only team with concerns about a kicker....

I was glad to see the Penn State kid get some redemption after blowing 2 gimmes.

I had to listen to the game on the radio due to work......One of the radio announcers was a complete bonehead.  First, it was obvious he was pulling for
PSU.  Second, after only the 2nd OT, he was making comments about the NCAA needed to change the OT rules because the players get so "tired"....Where was he when the Hogs were playing 2 7 OT games and 1 6 OTer?

rlamb

Have you ever thought Penn State, should spend a little bitty bit of money on more attractive uniforms, PLEASE. They are the homeliest, plain vanilla, dull, absolutely awful uniforms in the Country.
I think I know what kind of message Paterno is trying to send about,  "I don't want pretty, snazzy uniforms for my players, no just workmanlike will do".

I'm a firm believer in a person working as long as he or she is capable of working but this is kind of
pushing the envelope between him and Bowden as I really think they are just in a race betweem themselves to see who can outlast the other one for most career D-1 wins. 

HogFansReunited

I would take either one of those coaches in a heartbeat over Nutt.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hawkeyefan17

Those Penn State uniforms are old school, nothing wrong with that. I am glad Penn State won and I am happy for Joe Pa.

noprayerfornutt

For every one who [CENSORED] about Penn State's plain vanilla uniforms, there are many who love the old school look.

FSU did not crack 40 yards rushing. 

hoggystyle78

Congrats to Joe Pa, after the last few years he's had it's good to see him and Penn St. back in the top 10.

pigheaded

Hey.

Who changed the title to this thread.

That is not Right.

As a matter of fact it is WRONG.

CP
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

ArkansasNOLE

Great game last night although my Noles were on the losing end. Both teams had a chance to win before OT. Credit Mickey Andrews (our DC) for making an early adjustment in the 2d quarter to stifle what would of been a very lethal PSU O. Hats off to Penn State, they had a great season!

Hogs4Ever

Shows there is hope for a team to have a great season after two bad ones.