Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damien and Matt speak at the All American Bowl

Started by mikeirwin, January 03, 2006, 05:44:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

Damien reaffirmed his committment to Florida. Matt (Clinkscales) said he was out to attract more offers (right now A-State is it). Matt was working at both linebacker and safety. The cornerback trying to cover Damien kept grabbing him by the top of his pants. We hope to hear from Mitch tomorrow in San Antonio.

northarkansashog

sowmonella

Mike, Thanks for keeping your Hogville Brothers informed.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

CorningHog

I hope Florida runs out of scholarships for out of state kids!   ;D

Hey, Damian can go where he likes.  I sure would like to see him at Arkansas though!  Maybe Alex Wood can go talk to Damian before February 1st and so could Gus, who knows, after the All Star games and all, you just don't know.

It sure looks like Damian is "firm" on his committment, but then again, if he even "hints" at looking around, I am sure Urban would pull that scholarship quickly.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

dude

Quote from: CorningHog on January 03, 2006, 05:49:25 pm
I hope Florida runs out of scholarships for out of state kids! ;D

Hey, Damian can go where he likes. I sure would like to see him at Arkansas though! Maybe Alex Wood can go talk to Damian before February 1st and so could Gus, who knows, after the All Star games and all, you just don't know.

It sure looks like Damian is "firm" on his committment, but then again, if he even "hints" at looking around, I am sure Urban would pull that scholarship quickly.
I would say that he is firm on the Gators.
Doing the "Gator chomp" after every touchdown in the championship showed his true colors.
At least HDN didn't have to watch that display. He apparently had better things to do that night.

clemensrules01

Quote from: dude on January 03, 2006, 06:01:24 pm

Hey, Damian can go where he likes. I sure would like to see him at Arkansas though! Maybe Alex Wood can go talk to Damian before February 1st and so could Gus, who knows, after the All Star games and all, you just don't know.

Doing the "Gator chomp" after every touchdown in the championship showed his true colors.
At least HDN didn't have to watch that display. He apparently had better things to do that night.
i dont think it was the gator chomp. it was the dog bite or whatever they call it. springdale cheerleaders were doing it.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: dude on January 03, 2006, 06:01:24 pm

There were several recruits on the Hill that night, so I would imagine he did have other things to take care of.  How many other college head coaches were at the HSCG?

TulsaHogFan

1 i believe and that was Danny Nutt

Sorry correction, 2 Danny Nutt, and Gus Malzahn

paragould25

I was on the front row and I could have swore I saw Urban Meyer on the sideline...he was in all Florida colors and had a Gators jacket on and looked like him alot but then again I dont think he would have came...The late Coach Witke was there and my dad pointed out Arkansas' tight ends coach but I forgot his name
I like you people.

mikeirwin

There was a Florida assistant there but Meyer was not. The two Arkansas coaches were D. Nutt and Clifton Ealy.

MBHog

Quote from: mikeirwin on January 03, 2006, 05:44:41 pm
Damien reaffirmed his committment to Florida. Matt (Clinkscales) said he was out to attract more offers (right now A-State is it). Matt was working at both linebacker and safety. The cornerback trying to cover Damien kept grabbing him by the top of his pants. We hope to hear from Mitch tomorrow in San Antonio.

Mike- -

It was reported on another board that Ben and Damien are "starting to shift in another direction."  Any truth to that?

Photog

I know D Nutt was on the sidelines cause I talked to him for a while taking pictures. Also know that somewas was in the stands from Florida but didn't see them on the sidelines could have been there at one time or another just wasn't paying enough attention.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: paragould25 on January 03, 2006, 07:23:03 pm
I was on the front row and I could have swore I saw Urban Meyer on the sideline...he was in all Florida colors and had a Gators jacket on and looked like him alot but then again I dont think he would have came...The late Coach Witke was there and my dad pointed out Arkansas' tight ends coach but I forgot his name

We hashed this out long ago.  I live in Missouri and even I know you're wrong.

(1.)  Urban Meyer was not there.  A UF assistant was.

(2.)  Wittke was not there either.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

DukeOfPork

Quote from: MBHog on January 03, 2006, 08:09:12 pm

Mike- -

It was reported on another board that Ben and Damien are "starting to shift in another direction." Any truth to that?

Mike- -

It was reported on another board that Ben and Damien are "starting to shift in another direction." Any truth to that?

No.

Is there something in the water in Arkansas that causes our fans to be completely incapable of comprehending the words "committed to Florida"?

Damian could not possibly have been more clear from Day One that he is going to UF and that he is not the least bit interested in Arkansas.  I have never, ever read anything that would remotely imply that he was even considering the UA.

Why in the hell is that so hard for our fans to understand?  How can he make it any more clear?

Porkahontas

Quote from: PorkPariah on January 03, 2006, 08:41:07 pm

Mike- -

Mike- -

No.

Is there something in the water in Arkansas that causes our fans to be completely incapable of comprehending the words "committed to Florida"?

Damian could not possibly have been more clear from Day One that he is going to UF and that he is not the least bit interested in Arkansas. I have never, ever read anything that would remotely imply that he was even considering the UA.

Why in the hell is that so hard for our fans to understand? How can he make it any more clear?

The top QB in the nation last year, Ryan Perilioux (sp?) was from Louisiana last year and committed to Texas early. He stayed committed to Texas all the way through the season and reaffirmed his commitment on several occasions.

He signed with LSU.

Things change. There's some truth apparently to the rumors that Damian and Ben might be shifting just a little. A little shifting can go a lot ways, especially considering the sheer number of talented WR's Florida already has and will sign.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Porkahontas on January 03, 2006, 10:16:51 pm
Quote from: PorkPariah on January 03, 2006, 08:41:07 pm

Mike- -

Mike- -

No.

Damian could not possibly have been more clear from Day One that he is going to UF and that he is not the least bit interested in Arkansas. I have never, ever read anything that would remotely imply that he was even considering the UA.

Why in the hell is that so hard for our fans to understand? How can he make it any more clear?

The top QB in the nation last year, Ryan Perilioux (sp?) was from Louisiana last year and committed to Texas early. He stayed committed to Texas all the way through the season and reaffirmed his commitment on several occasions.

He signed with LSU.

Things change. There's some truth apparently to the rumors that Damian and Ben might be shifting just a little. A little shifting can go a lot ways, especially considering the sheer number of talented WR's Florida already has and will sign.

Wanna put money on it?  DW isn't coming to Arkansas.

Soooie21

Up till Feb 1st, it is going to be which ever way the wind is blowing that day... :razorback:

Lando Calrissian

After watching these BCS bowl games over the past 2 days, I'm now fully convinced that we HAVE to  have Mitch Mustain to get to that level.

Yes, I do think Casey Dick is good, and I think he will do well under Malzahn.

But a player like Mitch Mustain can make a difference between playing in the Independence Bowl or playing in the Orange Bowl on Jan 3rd in front of the entire nation.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Tejano Jawg

Mike, couldn't YOU have grabbed Damien by the top of his pants...and dragged him to the hill?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

othermac

he hasn't been recruited by gm yet, gus still has 26 days to work on that young man, or should i say both of those young men.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Porkahontas

Quote from: PorkPariah on January 03, 2006, 10:22:26 pm

Wanna put money on it? DW isn't coming to Arkansas.

I don't think he's coming, either.

I'm just saying that it's far from over. Gus is going to pull out every stop in the book to try to get he and Ben to come. With the pile-up at WR going on at Florida now and rumors that Ben is flipping just a little bit (possibly more than Damian but Damian will flip more if his teammate backs out on going to Florida), anything's possible.

There is no such thing as a lock when it comes to 17 and 18 year olds. These are the same ages when these kids fall in love and think it's forever with a girl, only to do the same thing with another chick a month later.

Damian and Ben will probably end up at Florida, but there's some reason to believe that they might be having some second thoughts now with Gus recruiting them hot and heavy.

And I'd be an absolute idiot (moreso than I already am) to place money on where I think a kid's going to sign at.