Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maurice Clarett gets Bond Set at 50,000

Started by hogfan13, January 03, 2006, 04:43:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Maurice Clarett would've been a senior at Ohio State this season had he stayed with the Buckeyes, likely a key member of a team that just won its third Fiesta Bowl in four years.

Instead of joining the day-after celebration with teammates Tuesday, Clarett appeared in court in handcuffs to face charges of robbing two people with a gun in an alley behind a bar.

Clarett, wearing jail-issue clothing, did not speak as bond was set at $50,000 by Franklin County Municipal Judge Amy Salerno. Clarett will have to post 10 percent of the amount.

After spending the better part of two days wanted by police, Clarett turned himself in Monday night, right around the time the Buckeyes were finishing up a 34-20 win over Notre Dame in Tempe, Ariz.

Clarett was wanted since early Sunday, when police said he flashed a gun and demanded property from a man and a woman behind the Opium Lounge in downtown Columbus.

Police said he fled with two men in a sport utility vehicle after he was identified by the bar owner, who happened to come out into the alley. No one was injured, and only a cell phone was taken from the alleged victims, police said.

TulsaHogFan

Hmmmm, should have just given him the electric chair and quit wasting peoples time with this.

Soooie21

Boarcephus

No problem, he just wants to know if they'll take a check for his 10% of the bail bond.   Maybe he'll then skip out and they'll send in Dog the Bounty Hunter and he'll mace his butt.

Clarett is the one collegiate athlete that had this coming.  He felt the rules simply didn't apply to him.   Just a common thug.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.