Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11-2

Started by Modsquad24, January 03, 2006, 03:19:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

January 03, 2006, 03:19:23 pm Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 03:21:07 pm by Modsquad24
Arkansas now enters sec play at 11-2 and on a 9 game winning streak and I was wanting to get some feedback from other hog fans about what they think their sec record will be and overall record going into the sec tournament? We need to get off on the right foot in starksville this weekend a place that hasn't been to kind to us in bball, because that would get our confidence way up and also it would knock the needed sec road win out of the way for the selection committee. i'm gonna stick with 10-6 in sec play leading into the sec tourney and that would make us 21-8 overall at that point which should spell NCAA. Thoughts?

Hogs4Ever

I'm predicting 9-7.  If they really man up, then 10-6 or 11-5 is possible.  The Miss. State game will show we the team is at in SEC road competitiveness.

fire_hog

10-6, even though conference road games are tough, even when you have superior talent, which we do in most cases. Heath has his team making baby steps. We've already won games we would have lost last year, and I look for the Hogs to be a strong contender in the SEC tourney, with a win or two in the dance.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

fullfan

I am thinking 8-8 maybe 9-7 at best.  I want them to do better but from the games I have seen in person and on the tube I am not convinced they can find a way to score on SEC teams with as much talent as them. 

Will 19-9 get them in the NCAA tournament?  Gotta hope so.

TuckFexas

They will play up or down to their competition each game, but I think they'll go at least 9-7 if not better and make the dance.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

idochog

I see Miss State as a key game

We win on the road to start sec play, could give us the confidence to reel off some wins.

I really want that Miss St. game to be a victory.
I love Jesus!

dmhog v2.0

23-6 should give us a better seed than 8th.

Nutts and Bolts

10-6 in SEC play
21-8 overall

# 4 seed
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

northarkansashog

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Modsquad24 on January 03, 2006, 03:19:23 pm
Arkansas now enters sec play at 11-2 and on a 9 game winning streak and I was wanting to get some feedback from other hog fans about what they think their sec record will be and overall record going into the sec tournament? We need to get off on the right foot in starksville this weekend a place that hasn't been to kind to us in bball, because that would get our confidence way up and also it would knock the needed sec road win out of the way for the selection committee. i'm gonna stick with 10-6 in sec play leading into the sec tourney and that would make us 21-8 overall at that point which should spell NCAA. Thoughts?

Who cares??  I am just happy that Modica decided to dunk one this year the other night.  That made my season.  I got so tired of seeing the most built and strong player on the team go up for layups on fast breaks. 

Really, I think, to no ones surprise, that the PG play will dictate how well we do this season.  If Jefferson can keep up his good games, and McCurdy can be brought along slowly but surely, I think we will compete for the West Title, but I am afraid we will get bounced from the court when we play Florida, and KY.  Those will be our toughest games with really no chance to win, or at least not enough of a chance that I am putting even an "M" for maybe by those games. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

dmhog v2.0

Don't know about Lforida, but Kentucky is down this year. I think we would have a shot at them if we played them in Fayetteville. Unfortunately, we get them in Lexington.

AFWarrior83

11-5 to 9-7, just depends on how they play on the road in the SEC this year. This team is still young and we will be very good the next few years!
Hogville member since 2005.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 03, 2006, 06:43:05 pm
Don't know about Lforida, but Kentucky is down this year. I think we would have a shot at them if we played them in Fayetteville. Unfortunately, we get them in Lexington.

Florida is 12-0 and ranked #5. And we play them there. 

Pignominious

Quote from: dubyacee on January 03, 2006, 06:46:06 pm
Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 03, 2006, 06:43:05 pm

Florida is 12-0 and ranked #5. And we play them there. 

Nope BWA.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

WILL CLINTON

You're right, was going off memory. 

Biggus Piggus

9-7.
Sweep Ole Miss and MSU
Split with LSU, Alabama, Auburn
Win single games against Vanderbilt, South Carolina.
Lose single games against Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia.
[CENSORED]!

bbennett

11-5  four seed and knocked out second round.