Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe Bamas Defense was REALLY that good

Started by hogsanity, January 03, 2006, 11:46:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Either that, or TT is all hype and no show when they play real teams?  Bama has defensive speed that is second to none, especially at LB.  THey once again made their horrible offensive output stand up. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kuhog

T-Tech's offense was not "all hype". They played some talented teams this year and still put up points. However, Alabama's defense absolutely dominated TT's offense. Although, if that game would have gone in overtime, my bet would have been on Tech.

HighOnHogs

Bama did a good job against a very explosive offense.  I was surprised.

corndo

January 03, 2006, 02:41:54 pm #3 Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:46:36 pm by corndo
Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2006, 11:46:05 am
Either that, or TT is all hype and no show when they play real teams? Bama has defensive speed that is second to none, especially at LB. THey once again made their horrible offensive output stand up.

It's a combination of both things. Texas Tech uses a gimmick offense to make up for a lack of talent (for instance, TT was the only D1 school to recruit their

starting QB Cody Hodges).  - It works great against average or sub par teams, it does not work so well when they play quality teams however. The Texas Tech

M.O. from year to year is that they will destroy bad teams (Sam Houston St.), beat a good team (Oklahoma), have one complete colapse (OSU), and generally

get beat handily by great teams (Texas). I am not scoffing at this however. I think you do what you have to do to win ballgames, and if that means becoming

the updated Houston Cougars from the late 80's, then so be it. Their recruiting is getting better year after year however.

Ralphyt

Both, Bama is very good and TTech is overrated.

Hogs4Ever

How many open receivers did Brody Croyle miss in that game?  If he hit half of them, 'Bama would have rolled.

HogFather

corndo

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on January 03, 2006, 02:47:09 pm
How many open receivers did Brody Croyle miss in that game? If he hit half of them, 'Bama would have rolled.

Hodges missed his fair share as well.

wincrimson

No, our defense was *that* good. There isn't a better D in America.

Holding TX Tech to 10 points when we virtually gave them 3 and they scored the other 7 on a short field? Yeah, the Bama D is shittacular. We'll be decent next year as well...

TulsaHogFan

Applaud for finding a way to get shittacular into your post.  That in itself makes me proud to have you on Hogville. 

Shittacular, i need to use that more in my daily language around the house....

BTW that defense was and is that good.  I am not looking forward to playing them next year, glad its in our house.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: wincrimson on January 03, 2006, 05:07:01 pm

Holding TX Tech to 10 points when we virtually gave them 3 and they scored the other 7 on a short field? Yeah, the Bama D is shittacular. We'll be decent next year as well...

They are good, but theya re not the best "D" in America.  I would say LSU is as good or better, and Texas is also up there.  Florida St looked like they had a good D when they sacked Miami 9 times, but that idea fell short when as the season went on. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Thehammer

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2006, 11:46:05 am
Either that, or TT is all hype and no show when they play real teams? Bama has defensive speed that is second to none, especially at LB. THey once again made their horrible offensive output stand up.

Alabama's defense is;  as always, very good.  That philosophy goes all the way to Coach Bryant who believed in dominating defense, superb kicking game and a bust you in the mouth rushing attack.

Bryant's beliefs have bled down through the years to subsequent coaching staffs at 'bama. 

Broken Trigger

Quote from: dubyacee on January 03, 2006, 06:39:51 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on January 03, 2006, 05:07:01 pm

They are good, but theya re not the best "D" in America. I would say LSU is as good or better, and Texas is also up there. Florida St looked like they had a good D when they sacked Miami 9 times, but that idea fell short when as the season went on.

Hawk and Ohio State's defense looked pretty good, too.