Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not A Good Day To Be An NFL Coach

Started by Squealers, January 02, 2006, 06:55:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

January 02, 2006, 06:55:23 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:58:35 pm by HogWildFun
Which NFL coach should not have been fired,
and which Fired NFL Coach will become the next great College Coach Sensation?

Also, today on ESPN radio, Mike Ditka made the comment that 12-15 coaches get displaced when a head coach gets canned.  Surely one of these displaced assistants can be a candidate for our QB coach cant they???????
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

dmhog v2.0

I don't think Capers should have been fired. I think they shold have given him one more year to make the playoffs. Martz should have been canned two years ago. Not sure what to think about Sherman. Tice should have got an extension for righting the ship (no pun intended) after that miserable start, but considering  the off-field problems, he had to go.

Oh, and none of them will go on to coach college.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 02, 2006, 06:57:52 pm
I don't think Capers should have been fired. I think they shold have given him one more year to make the playoffs. Martz should have been canned two years ago. Not sure what to think about Sherman. Tice should have got an extension for righting the ship (no pun intended) after that miserable start, but considering  the off-field problems, he had to go.

Oh, and none of them will go on to coach college.

Agreed - I think none of these will wind up in the college ranks, at least not right now.  There are too few openings at marquis programs for them to make that move.  In all likelihood you'll see them as retreads in some other NFL roles for the time being.

Bacon out...

Zen_Hog

Haslett shouldn't of been fired, he did alright this year. But I know a lot of disgruntled Saints fans hates Haslett though.

BigoBoys

Quote from: HogWildFun on January 02, 2006, 06:55:23 pm

Also, today on ESPN radio, Mike Ditka made the comment that 12-15 coaches get displaced when a head coach gets canned. Surely one of these displaced assistants can be a candidate for our QB coach cant they???????
What are you the firing moderator?

dmhog v2.0

January 02, 2006, 07:15:58 pm #5 Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 07:17:36 pm by dmhog v2.0
Haslett didn't do alright this year. They had the second worst record in the NFL. That's far from doing alright. That is fricking horrible. Granted, there were some very tough obstacles/distractions to overcome for the Saints this year. The bottom line, though, is that Haslett didn't produce wins. He hasn't produced a winning record since 2002, if I remember correctly. He deserved to be fired. It's a miracle that he made it this far.

Squealers

Quote from: BigoBoys on January 02, 2006, 07:12:32 pm
Quote from: HogWildFun on January 02, 2006, 06:55:23 pm

Also, today on ESPN radio, Mike Ditka made the comment that 12-15 coaches get displaced when a head coach gets canned. Surely one of these displaced assistants can be a candidate for our QB coach cant they???????
What are you the firing moderator?

Go back to your ND attack!!!!!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.