Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nike Pro Combat Traditional Uniform

Started by sickboy, June 24, 2011, 04:22:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 04:22:39 pm Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:09:29 pm by sickboy1138.2
Since there are so many people complaining about the idea of using Pro Combat Unis for the Hogs...I decided to mock up the Nike Pro Combat Uniforms circa 2006, which seems to be the year that most of the Traditionalist and Non-Traditionalist can agree was a good year for our uniforms.

So this is for all the homies out there be fearin' da change.

Arkansas Retro 06 Combat

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

greasy_corner

sickboy

I'm working on a few helmets right now. And I have one way alternative uniform that everyone will hate, but I'm going to post anyway. Because photoshop is fun.

WizardofhOgZ

Don't consider this a complaint . . . and I do think you did a good job.

But . . . isn't that (the OP) just a Nike version of the DMac era Adidas Uni's?  In other words, what is "Pro Combat" about them?  And - yes - I do get that you're using the same artist rendering that we've seen for may of the real Pro Combat uni's.  But other than the artwork, the style itself is just the 2007 uniforms . . . right?

sickboy

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on June 24, 2011, 04:35:48 pm

But . . . isn't that (the OP) just a Nike version of the DMac era Adidas Uni's?  In other words, what is "Pro Combat" about them?  And - yes - I do get that you're using the same artist rendering that we've seen for may of the real Pro Combat uni's.  But other than the artwork, the style itself is just the 2007 uniforms . . . right?

Yeah. Also, the shoulder pads do have the weird "new wave lines". But they're hard to see. But, yes. That's all I did here for a traditional look. Hold on a sec and I'll get up a Non-Traditional Pro Combat...in 3...2...1...

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 04:44:37 pm #6 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:10:40 pm by sickboy1138.2
Here I just used the Razorback logo as an overlay. It came out looking kind of like A State. 

Arkansas Zebra Combat

jamie72921

Wow. We would look like the Pine Bluff Zebras.
Bless your heart

jkincaid

I love that uniform.

lets try and push that through

jkincaid

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 05:08:17 pm #10 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:09:48 pm by sickboy1138.2
Quote from: jkincaid on June 24, 2011, 05:04:35 pm
I was referring to the first uni

I'm going to name them, so they don't get confusing. I'm about to upload some more.

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 05:32:16 pm #11 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:11:48 pm by sickboy1138.2

Arkansas "Pewter Pig" Combat

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 05:42:27 pm #13 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:55:03 pm by sickboy1138.2
Quote from: Clint Alan on June 24, 2011, 05:39:35 pm
you left a c out of razorbacks

Let's say just say that I was trying to be "hip" and "with it"...instead of not checking my spelling. ;)

EDIT: I fixed it for ya.

WizardofhOgZ

Hey Super

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 24, 2011, 04:22:39 pm
Since there are so many people complaining about the idea of using Pro Combat Unis for the Hogs...I decided to mock up the Nike Pro Combat Uniforms circa 2006, which seems to be the year that most of the Traditionalist and Non-Traditionalist can agree was a good year for our uniforms.

you're awesome!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Johnny America

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on June 24, 2011, 04:35:48 pm

Alabama had a completely traditional pro combat uni last season. This could be done.

I would like to find a way to throw in a matte colored helmet. I really love the pro combat helmets that are like this. I have no idea why, but I think it just looks cool!
God is not real.

sickboy

Quote from: Johnny America on June 24, 2011, 06:21:32 pm
Alabama had a completely traditional pro combat uni last season. This could be done.

I would like to find a way to throw in a matte colored helmet. I really love the pro combat helmets that are like this. I have no idea why, but I think it just looks cool!

I like the matte finish on the helmets too. Too me, it's the most "combat" part of some of these uniforms. For some reason it reminds me of armor. Don't know why.

At any rate. I can try putting a matte finish on the 06 helmet.

sickboy

Johnny America

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 24, 2011, 07:11:12 pm
I like the matte finish on the helmets too. Too me, it's the most "combat" part of some of these uniforms. For some reason it reminds me of armor. Don't know why.

At any rate. I can try putting a matte finish on the 06 helmet.

The Missouri matte finish was my favorite.
God is not real.

Jek Tono Porkins

Oh my God, let the season start. Please.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

sickboy

Here's a white helmet...because I know some have wondered what it would look like.

axedawg

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 08:04:03 pm #23 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:12:47 pm by sickboy1138.2
We'll probably never see this, but fun to visualise.

FANONTHEHILL

How about a tribute to the '64 Championship team.  Solid Cardinal jersey with number and no name, white pants with two narrow caridnal stripes, and this hog on the helmet.

This would be great to break out for the Southwest Classic.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

sickboy

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on June 24, 2011, 08:30:46 pm
How about a tribute to the '64 Championship team.  Solid Cardinal jersey with number and no name, white pants with two narrow caridnal stripes, and this hog on the helmet.

This would be great to break out for the Southwest Classic.

I'm on it.

OnTheHillHogFan

The white helmet with the hog jumping through the A is cool
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

beebefootballfan

Didn't you know that changing the Razorback uniform in any way, shape, form or color is the unpardonable sin around here? The world will explode and life will cease to be if you even think of doing this.  Thanks for ending the world.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 24, 2011, 04:22:39 pm

Arkansas Retro 06 Combat

It doesn't matter how loud the miniscule number of people complain.  The bottom line is this.  If Petrino wants or allows the Hogs to wear Combat Uniforms then he must think it will somehow help the team.  Period.  End of discussion.  If some fans don't like it than that's too bad. 

uncle bubs

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 24, 2011, 08:04:03 pm
We'll probably never see this, but fun to visualise.

These helmets rule.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

sickboy

Here's the 64 Throwbacks. Hope I did them justice.

sickboy

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on June 24, 2011, 08:48:58 pm
It doesn't matter how loud the miniscule number of people complain.  The bottom line is this.  If Petrino wants or allows the Hogs to wear Combat Uniforms then he must think it will somehow help the team.  Period.  End of discussion.  If some fans don't like it than that's too bad. 

Oh I'm with you. I like the pro combats. I just thought I'd do the 06 Throwback merged with some combat flourishes to get the Traditionalist and Combat fans something they can find some common ground on. At least, that's what I was hoping.

reds10

i like where this thread is going.  awesome pics

Pigs Been Fly

how about the HOG on the helmet is the old "UNCLE HEAVY" hog w/the "A" on it ??

sickboy

June 24, 2011, 09:44:47 pm #34 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:46:55 pm by sickboy1138.2
Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on June 24, 2011, 09:30:57 pm
how about the HOG on the helmet is the old "UNCLE HEAVY" hog w/the "A" on it ??

I'm not exactly sure if I know which logo you're talking about. If you can show me an example, I can see what it looks like for sure.

sickboy

Quote from: ozarkbornATLraised on June 24, 2011, 09:48:04 pm
Helmet is pure awesome. I am a big fan of throwbacks, I think a lot of people forget several schools have used pro combat as a platform for throwbacks. They aren't all wacky futuristic designs.

Also the white helmet with the modern hog I am a fan of. Nice job on all these- photoshop is a blast.

Thanks man! Yeah, it's fun to play in the sand box with these things.

Nosboar Accubond

not sure if you can do this or not, but remember how Boise St. had the big distorted logo on their helmet in the Va Tech game... that was a trip, wonder what a Hog would look like... had a logo on one side with a number on the other... here are some pics

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.php?showtopic=27289

never saw this before... possibly this year?
http://www.obnug.com/2010/12/13/1873634/per-chad-cripe-in-saturdays-heisman-trophy-blog-nike-has-another-big

Wild Bill Hog

Now that we've experienced this brand new idea that has never been addressed before, I've got a great idea:  Should all the home football games be played in Fayetteville?

I'll hang up and listen.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on June 24, 2011, 10:36:01 pm
Now that we've experienced this brand new idea that has never been addressed before, I've got a great idea:  Should all the home football games be played in Fayetteville?

I'll hang up and listen.
u got dat swag?

sickboy

Quote from: Sportking2169 on June 24, 2011, 10:26:54 pm
not sure if you can do this or not, but remember how Boise St. had the big distorted logo on their helmet in the Va Tech game... that was a trip, wonder what a Hog would look like... had a logo on one side with a number on the other... here are some pics

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.php?showtopic=27289

never saw this before... possibly this year?
http://www.obnug.com/2010/12/13/1873634/per-chad-cripe-in-saturdays-heisman-trophy-blog-nike-has-another-big

Funny you should Ask. I was just working on this concept right now. Give me a few more minutes and I'll get it out.

sickboy

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on June 24, 2011, 10:36:01 pm

I'll hang up and listen.

Man. I'm gonna have to get better at photoshop if I'm going to keep this thread from derailing now.

sickboy

Here's the Hog helmets inspired by the Boise St look, as per request. I think they turned out pretty cool, actually.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

010HogFan

awesome thread. lovin' these designs

Nosboar Accubond

yep, that is sick... many +1s to you sir as time allows for taking the time to do these

that helmet design is the one I have been wanting for a long time, looks great

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

010HogFan

Quote from: DahawgsN07 on June 24, 2011, 11:11:42 pm
See, why can't Nike see this shii?

They're too busy designing Oregon's 1345th uniform combination.

kaiserhog

Love the 64 throwback uni and helment. :razorback:

sickboy

Tony Perkis

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these a year at all.