• 377,021 Topics
• 20,989 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC Fans aka Non Razorback Fans  (Read 22073 times)

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
SEC Fans aka Non Razorback Fans
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:35:54 pm »

You may discuss your team at will in the SEC forum however you may not troll on the recrutiting forum or Razorback discussion forums.

Grunt

• All-American Hogvillian
  • We put our best playuhs on deefense.
Re: SEC Fans aka Non Razorback Fans
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

thanks

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

Crackerbox24

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

I don't understand why any non- Razorback fans would be on here.

kingofdequeen

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:05:05 pm »

U srs?

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Meet me at The Mesh Point
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:17:06 pm »

I go on the Tennessee site frequently and occasionally post comments on it.  I do it mainly because they are down right now, I'm taking great delight in that, and I can't help but rub it in as much as I can.  Living in Memphis, I take great pleasure in that.

MarveyMizzou

• Band Nerd
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:21:23 pm »

For the same reasons that other fans come to our boards.  For discussion.  St Louis guy here.  During the baseball playoffs we had good discussions with Phiily fans, Brewer fans (albeit our biggest current rival and the two teams don't like each other), and Ranger fans during the World Series.  Diverse opinions.  It's actually fun if you have an open mind.

HogWildBison2011

• Senior
  • WPS
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:59:14 am »

I believe any new registered profiles should be watched for the first week or so, any trolling or bashing delete them and make sure that email cannot be used again to register.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »

what does any of this have to do with the U OF A

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 11:06:12 am »

In the early 90s, Arkansas left the SWC and joined the SEC. The Hogs currently play eight games each football season and eighteen games each basketball season against SEC foes (excluding post-season tournament/championship games). Conference standings have a significant bearing on football bowl game selection (when eligible) and NCAA Basketball Tournament selection and seeding.

A segment of the Razorback fanbase likes to keep up with the latest news on the SEC programs as reflected in the column labelled "Views" in this forum. Some realize that the turmoil, coaching changes, strategic and tactical moves, injuries, recruiting, and bulletin board material from our conference opponents play a factor in outcome of games and the future of the program's place in the conference. Along with regular posters, there is a large number of infrequent posters and a category known as "Guests" who visit often.

Fans of other SEC programs are also welcome to participate as long as they abide by the board's rules and some have been valued members over the years. The "SEC Sports" forum is the correct place to update news on their programs including recruiting updates and light-hearted banter with other programs including the Hogs.

There is recognition that a segment of the Hog fanbase, sometimes derisively referred to as "video game fans", is not interested in postings not directly related to the Razorbacks. For some the outcome of the games fully rests on the Hogs' desire, coaching decisions, and officiating (in)competency. The state and performance of the opponent is irrelevant. A Hog win is over one of the worst teams to ever step into the arena of competition. A loss is a reason to be held back from the ledge.

For others, only Bama football rates as an SEC opponent who can truly regard the rest of the SEC and it's trivial news as irrelevant they realize even Bama football fans might be interested in taking a look into the quality of the O-line and ability of the QB and longsuffering senior TB of say a new member like A&M.

For them, we hope the forum provides infotainment and a sometimes light-hearted look at the happenings in the league beyond the regular "coach speak" and "player speak".

For others, we hope, like the guy with a severe allergic reaction to nuts who chooses not to take a factory tour of the JifTM receiving dock, that you will similarly choose not to click on an option at which you are likely to take great offense. Unless you are really good, trolls are easy pickings. At least a little effort is appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:18:58 pm by jbcarol »

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Come to the Dark Side
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:41 am »

Seriously?  How much fun would this site be if very one agreed and said the same thing.

vol_in_ar

• GO VOLS!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 01:36:18 pm »

I go on the Tennessee site frequently and occasionally post comments on it.  I do it mainly because they are down right now, I'm taking great delight in that, and I can't help but rub it in as much as I can.  Living in Memphis, I take great pleasure in that.

enjoy it while you can....we continue to relish the Stoerner fumble

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 10:10:14 am »

Menu select template to ease composing a passionate message to defend your school's star arrested for felony activity (been there, done that, never again):

You don't know all the facts involved in the [kick in the head / sucker punch / gang assault / gun shot / car vandalism] toward the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman].

You and most the others in this thread are prime examples of people that slurp up the [NY Times / TMZ / Yahoo!Sports Investigative Reports] drive-by media world that we live in today. You hear something or read something and instead of actually trusting only what [I poast / other apologists from my university / the player's defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] you choose to poast [actual police reports / independent corroborating witness accounts / the judge's statement just before the part where the judge gives an nth chance and rules misdemeanor with double secret probation while collecting a sky box upgrade].

I never said our guy was a [choirboy / philanthropist / SEC Good Works 5-time Award Winner]. I simply said that I would believe a [3-time charged with felony but reduced to misdemeanor with double secret probation / practitioner of sexual assault on unwilling pre-teens / persistent domestic abuse guy in town where folks are warned to not bring charges against ballers or else] over the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / scared-for-her-life young woman].

I never said the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman] deserved anything for what [he/she] did in [grammer / junior high / officers training] school. I simply pointed out that [his/her imposition on our star player putting our season at risk / the total lack of critical thought and self awareness on my part] makes this person [scum / less than trust worthy with the four-team college playoff now on the line]. I strongly implied that he and his [defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] just know, they just know that the victim [still in a coma / relocating to another town / entering the witness protection program] most likely said or did something that [provocted (sic) / started] the [fight / sexual assault / act of vandalism / theft] and it was [justfied (sic) / excused as an extremely talented and entitled college athletes being college athletes].

I can't help it if you and others on this board actually believed the crap about someone getting [beaten down by defensive front seven and offensive backfield in a college bar / pulled from a truck and beaten / pushed down the stairs at her friend's apartment / _______]. I can't help it if you actually believed someone was seriously injured.

I simply said the truth. It takes two to [tango / initiate and receive a goodly beating / give and receive a [sucker punch / kick to the head / sexual assault].  I don't need to list how many arrests there have been at [your school where the police and judicial system are not in the tank for the athletic program / Florida] but I will anyway.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:12:38 am by jbcarol »

Hog-n-GA

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:29:08 am »

Why does this thread keep flopping back and forth from MMQB and SEC Sports?  ???

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:54 pm »

Some topics have a broad appeal to the SEC fan base and when they fall off of Page 1 of MMQB, they move to SEC Sports for continued visibility.  Sometimes the momentum picks back up on the discussion and if it is Hog-related it can be moved back to MMQB.

Not often.

southarkhog06

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 02:03:10 pm »

Menu select template to ease composing a passionate message to defend your school's star arrested for felony activity (been there, done that, never again):

You don't know all the facts involved in the [kick in the head / sucker punch / gang assault / gun shot / car vandalism] toward the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman].

You and most the others in this thread are prime examples of people that slurp up the [NY Times / TMZ / Yahoo!Sports Investigative Reports] drive-by media world that we live in today. You hear something or read something and instead of actually trusting only what [I poast / other apologists from my university / the player's defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] you choose to poast [actual police reports / independent corroborating witness accounts / the judge's statement just before the part where the judge gives an nth chance and rules misdemeanor with double secret probation while collecting a sky box upgrade].

I never said our guy was a [choirboy / philanthropist / SEC Good Works 5-time Award Winner]. I simply said that I would believe a [3-time charged with felony but reduced to misdemeanor with double secret probation / practitioner of sexual assault on unwilling pre-teens / persistent domestic abuse guy in town where folks are warned to not bring charges against ballers or else] over the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / scared-for-her-life young woman].

I never said the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman] deserved anything for what [he/she] did in [grammer / junior high / officers training] school. I simply pointed out that [his/her imposition on our star player putting our season at risk / the total lack of critical thought and self awareness on my part] makes this person [scum / less than trust worthy with the four-team college playoff now on the line]. I strongly implied that he and his [defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] just know, they just know that the victim [still in a coma / relocating to another town / entering the witness protection program] most likely said or did something that [provocted (sic) / started] the [fight / sexual assault / act of vandalism / theft] and it was [justfied (sic) / excused as an extremely talented and entitled college athletes being college athletes].

I can't help it if you and others on this board actually believed the crap about someone getting [beaten down by defensive front seven and offensive backfield in a college bar / pulled from a truck and beaten / pushed down the stairs at her friend's apartment / _______]. I can't help it if you actually believed someone was seriously injured.

I simply said the truth. It takes two to [tango / initiate and receive a goodly beating / give and receive a [sucker punch / kick to the head / sexual assault].  I don't need to list how many arrests there have been at [your school where the police and judicial system are not in the tank for the athletic program / Florida] but I will anyway.
so I am almost a year late to the party, but the sheer genius of this post needs to be bumped.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 06:30:37 am »

so I am almost a year late to the party, but the sheer genius of this post needs to be bumped.

Chris Low retweeted
Coaches Hot Seat @CoachesHotSeat  ·  5 hours ago

Go back to 1980s @ClowESPN and our college coaches/parents would have physically whipped our asses if we were hitting women! #ChangedWorld

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 10:50:40 pm »

I'm certain y'all do... that was one heckuva season we almost had... I'm fully believe MSU would not have stood a chance against us the following week had we not lost, and would have loved to see round two with y'all in Atlanta. Either way I believe the winner would have handled FSU. I have softened my anger over the years because I know Houston Nutt would likely have made it another 8 or 9 years in the fumes of that National Championship...

vol_in_ar

• GO VOLS!!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 11:43:19 am »

I'm certain y'all do... that was one heckuva season we almost had... I'm fully believe MSU would not have stood a chance against us the following week had we not lost, and would have loved to see round two with y'all in Atlanta. Either way I believe the winner would have handled FSU. I have softened my anger over the years because I know Houston Nutt would likely have made it another 8 or 9 years in the fumes of that National Championship...

well said

Rayzback

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 08:45:31 pm »

Banned!

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 07:55:11 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please. KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas