Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Burnette dead at 50/ Ryan Mallett's Uncle/ Please Pray For Family

Started by elviscat, May 11, 2011, 04:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elviscat

This has been reported today Arkansas Democrat Gazette. David, was a former Razorback under Lou Holtz, later transferring to UCA. Please put the family in your prayers. David, cause of death is unknown and body has been sent for autopsy.

Root66

Man, it's tough hearing about these Razorbacks that are many years younger than myself passing away. Today we've heard about David Burnette and Larry Jackson who died in June of last year, but somehow I missed it. Prayers and condolences to both families.

David was a big kid, 6'7', 260 or so. I see where Ryan got his size.

Link to his obit.

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Hawgin84

I remember when David played defensive tackle at Parkin. I hate to hear this.

1hogfan

May God bless his family and friends during this time of sorrow.  They are in my prayers.

old hog

Just heard about Larry Jackson this afternoon, myself. Prayers and condolences to the families of David and Larry.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldbear

Wow.  David was a teammate of mine, though a couple of years older at UCA.  He actually got to play in the NFL for a bit during one of the strikes.  I haven't seen him in several years, but he was always a really nice guy.  That is awful.  Prayers for his family.

HognotinMemphis

I remember Burnette. He was on the team when I was in school there. Very tall guy for a football player. Did he live in Memphis or West Memphis?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BPsTheMan

Wow. I knew David a little bit and met his Dad once. Both nice guys.

Prayers for this family.

Root66

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 12, 2011, 10:06:49 pm
I remember Burnette. He was on the team when I was in school there. Very tall guy for a football player. Did he live in Memphis or West Memphis?

CA Obit said Memphis...

Ugly Uncle

A friend of mine is his pastor in West Memphis.  So, HiM I don't know.  The paper does say Memphis.
Retired Radio Host

Suidae

Dave lived in Memphis.
Funeral Friday in West Memphis.
Well known and well liked by many folks in downtown and mid-town Memphis (and Arkansas and elsewhere).
Dave had a wonderful gift to connect with people of just about every cultural and socioeconomic background.
He'll be missed.