Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 recruit Dontae Williams

Started by Porkahontas, February 17, 2011, 09:20:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkahontas

RB from Texas that the Hogs pursued big time, rated the #13 RB in the nation and ended up signing with Oregon, has decided to leave the University of Oregon according to a tweet earlier from Bruce Feldman.

Since we're needing RB's is there any way to find out the story why Dontae is leaving Oregon? He redshirted last year so he hasn't played a down yet. If the Hogs wanted him that bad then he might be someone we see more about in the near future as a target for the staff.

mmhogs17

hs6

It probably has to do with depth. LaMichael James is the starter. Also, Oregon signed 5* Lache Seastrunk in the same class as Williams, who was a consensus top 3 RB along with Dyer and Lattimore. Dontae would be a good grab. Could redshirt again and come in with 3? years to play.

jackflash

not sure he could reshirt again. Would need someone who knows more about this.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

bigt05

February 18, 2011, 10:27:15 pm #5 Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:30:41 pm by bigt05
He would have to sit out a year due to transfer rules and have 3yrs to play 3 as a RS Soph starting in 2012, unless he's given a very unlikely waiver...

mmhogs17

Any update on this? Did he transfer anywhere?

VenturaHog

The Hogfather

April 22, 2011, 08:45:56 am #8 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:47:55 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: Porkahontas on February 17, 2011, 09:20:50 pm
RB from Texas that the Hogs pursued big time, rated the #13 RB in the nation and ended up signing with Oregon, has decided to leave the University of Oregon according to a tweet earlier from Bruce Feldman.

Since we're needing RB's is there any way to find out the story why Dontae is leaving Oregon? He redshirted last year so he hasn't played a down yet. If the Hogs wanted him that bad then he might be someone we see more about in the near future as a target for the staff.

Oregon is like Auburn to me.  They are both gimmicky programs that won't be solid for the long run.  Last year was the perfect storm for both of them.  Oregon might be able to stick around a little longer due to the fact that they're in the Pac 10 and USC has had some recent troubles.

They sell all this other stuff besides development on the football field and kids buy into it (probably a lot of the wrong types of kids---the ones who care about flash (and money) over substance).

Anyway, I'll be happy to have Dontae if he wants to come here.

beansandtaters

Dontae needs to come to AR. He could sit out this season and come in as a RS SO in a backfield with 4 senior RBs, if all stay for next season, and 1 true SO. In 2013, it would be his time.

Is it okay if I slobber for a moment over the thought of a big 3 of B. Allen, D. Williams, and D. Green-Beckham with Wade and Funderburke as the other WRs?

ChicoHog

Oregon is very gimmicky but will be there for the long run because of Nike.  They have the facilities and the "wow" factor that the younger generation likes nowadays.  Just like Auburn atmosphere.  Not my style but kids like it and it's all about "me" and how to have fun and be a star vs the slow, steady work atmosphere of Saban, Petrino, etc., 

The Hogfather

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 22, 2011, 10:34:28 am
Oregon is very gimmicky but will be there for the long run because of Nike.  They have the facilities and the "wow" factor that the younger generation likes nowadays.  Just like Auburn atmosphere.  Not my style but kids like it and it's all about "me" and how to have fun and be a star vs the slow, steady work atmosphere of Saban, Petrino, etc., 

That doesn't mean they'll sustain a winning program.  Petrino and Saban will because they develop ON THE FIELD and don't just make hollow promises/tell kids what they want to hear/shower them with money and gifts.

Pragmatic PiG

Lol, doesn't mean they won't either. Chip Kelly is no slouch, the Ducks aren't going away anytime soon

Razorhawg09

Oregon has been good for a long time. They aren't going away, especially with their recruiting taking off. They have the best facilities in the country and a top 5 coach. Sometimes I wonder if you people watch any team but your own.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on April 23, 2011, 04:24:30 pm
Oregon has been good for a long time. They aren't going away, especially with their recruiting taking off. They have the best facilities in the country and a top 5 coach. Sometimes I wonder if you people watch any team but your own.
while I agree that Oregon is no fluke, sometimes I wonder if you actually watch or pay attention to whats going on up on The Hill as you are only able to point out the negative side of things

Bubba's Bruisers

Chip Kelly ain't a top 5 coach. 

Both programs certainly have a "gimmicky" offense...especially OR.  it was painful watching that offense in the NCG.  Hokus-Pokus stuff...couldnt figure out who had the ball, which i know is by design.

OR will be good going forward because they are the trendy program with a trendy offense playing in a conference that doesn't play defense. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

VenturaHog

Oregon's success is directly related to USC's massive sanctions. Once USC is back to full strength, Oregon will fall down a bit.

Razorhawg09

Oregon has six 10+ win seasons in the past eleven years. They were good before the USC sanctions and they will be good after. It's particularly impressive considering they have to go out of state for nearly all of their recruits. And the Pac is a better conference than people on here give them credit for. Kelly is absolutely a top 5 coach.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on April 23, 2011, 04:24:30 pm

Sometimes, I wonder if you've ever watched football.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ChicoHog

I don't see how you can say someone is top 5 coach when they have only been a head coach for a couple of years.  5 years minimum as head coach is necessary in my opinion to make any kind of ranking system.