Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas gets it pick of the litter once again...

Started by HOGLUVIN, December 20, 2005, 09:41:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGLUVIN

When will it be our turn again? When is the day that by December 20th we have more recruits that want to be a part of the legacy that is Razorback football, instead "apart" from Razorback football?

What a glorious day it will be when kids pick up that helmet and get a sense of pride that overwhelms them. They know that the Stadium is going to be filled to the brim with tens of thousands of "Hogwild" fans. When we no longer have to beg kids from 10 minutes away to stay and play here. When we dont have to sell them on hometown pride and some sort on indebtedness to the state, but rather can say that they have a ligit chance to play in a BCS bowl and "the" BCS bowl.

When they look up at the jumbotron and try to hold a poker face just at the idea that one day they, just a 3-4* recruit, might have a chance to be seen up on that board? When Mr. Eels loses his voice on a regular basis from yelling "Touchdown Arkansas, OH MY". When they dont have to replay highlights from the 1950's-60's, or rerun Quinn Grovey, Barry Foster highlights. When every year at Christmas all we have to talk about is how our guy got the screws in the heisman trophy race.

Ladies and Gentleman I believe that day is coming. It is a work in progress. It wasn't broken in 1 year, so it wont be fixed in 1 year. WIth the hiring of GUS and the intensity being applied to the hiring of the "right" guy instead of a head that we can present to recruits and say....see we have QB coach.

Am I senic? No. Am I a dreamer? Absolutely. But isn't that our jobs as fans? Our job isn't to tell parents where to send their kids to school, its not. Our job isn't to determine who gets hired for the QB coach. Our job, our responsibility to the young men that have already made a committment to do thier damnest to turn this program around. Our blessing is that we have players who refuse to give up and have the hearts of champions if not the opportunity.

Are you going to tell me that Dmac only gave a 4-7 effort? Or that Casey Dick didn't want to play in those first games? Or that Felix was satisfied to kneel down (not this guy)? Or that Sam O. could tackle any harded or have been anymore of a play maker.

Folks this is where it starts. It has begun. We have the guys that it takes to build a legacy. We must let them know that we believe in them and that hopefully we can get them some help via. MM, DW and crew, but if not, all is not lost.

I for one would take our guys, my guys, the hogs over any blue chipper, panzie azz, parade this, scout * that, momma boys that would rather play where it is easy versus play where they can make a difference.(No specific inferences)

If this is too long for you I am sorry but it is something that needed to be said. I know that MM and DW arent the only guys that ready this and I for one want those guys to know that next year and the year after me and my son will be sitting on the west side nose bleeds again and cheering our azzes off for the guys who shed their blood sweat and tears for the one thing that matters most to them..... THEY ARE RAZORBACKS!  And for that baby....WE LOVE YA!

Thank you gentlemen and Merry Christmas.

Zen_Hog

benswinesmoney

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on December 20, 2005, 09:41:17 am
When will it be our turn again? When is the day that by December 20th we have more recruits that want to be a part of the legacy that is Razorback football, instead "apart" from Razorback football?

What a glorious day it will be when kids pick up that helmet and get a sense of pride that overwhelms them. They know that the Stadium is going to be filled to the brim with tens of thousands of "Hogwild" fans. When we no longer have to beg kids from 10 minutes away to stay and play here. When we dont have to sell them on hometown pride and some sort on indebtedness to the state, but rather can say that they have a ligit chance to play in a BCS bowl and "the" BCS bowl.

When they look up at the jumbotron and try to hold a poker face just at the idea that one day they, just a 3-4* recruit, might have a chance to be seen up on that board? When Mr. Eels loses his voice on a regular basis from yelling "Touchdown Arkansas, OH MY". When they dont have to replay highlights from the 1950's-60's, or rerun Quinn Grovey, Barry Foster highlights. When every year at Christmas all we have to talk about is how our guy got the screws in the heisman trophy race.

Ladies and Gentleman I believe that day is coming. It is a work in progress. It wasn't broken in 1 year, so it wont be fixed in 1 year. WIth the hiring of GUS and the intensity being applied to the hiring of the "right" guy instead of a head that we can present to recruits and say....see we have QB coach.

Am I senic? No. Am I a dreamer? Absolutely. But isn't that our jobs as fans? Our job isn't to tell parents where to send their kids to school, its not. Our job isn't to determine who gets hired for the QB coach. Our job, our responsibility to the young men that have already made a committment to do thier damnest to turn this program around. Our blessing is that we have players who refuse to give up and have the hearts of champions if not the opportunity.

Are you going to tell me that Dmac only gave a 4-7 effort? Or that Casey Dick didn't want to play in those first games? Or that Felix was satisfied to kneel down (not this guy)? Or that Sam O. could tackle any harded or have been anymore of a play maker.

Folks this is where it starts. It has begun. We have the guys that it takes to build a legacy. We must let them know that we believe in them and that hopefully we can get them some help via. MM, DW and crew, but if not, all is not lost.

I for one would take our guys, my guys, the hogs over any blue chipper, panzie azz, parade this, scout * that, momma boys that would rather play where it is easy versus play where they can make a difference.(No specific inferences)

If this is too long for you I am sorry but it is something that needed to be said. I know that MM and DW arent the only guys that ready this and I for one want those guys to know that next year and the year after me and my son will be sitting on the west side nose bleeds again and cheering our azzes off for the guys who shed their blood sweat and tears for the one thing that matters most to them..... THEY ARE RAZORBACKS!  And for that baby....WE LOVE YA!

Sooieeee!!

Hogs4Ever

I'm ready to put on some pads and hit somebody myself!  Great post!  The players give it their all every game win or lose.  When I'm in the stands I'm behind them 100%.  We need more excitement, passion, and pride in the fans and the staff like this.  GO HOGS!!!!  :razorback:

hogfankb

Great post.

I feel like even I could win one for the gipper now.

JJHog

First of all, thank you for using paragrpahs in a long post, much easier to read.

While I do wonder what the heck they are doing oin the hill, I do believe we are taking baby steps win the right direction with the Gus hire.

With all the folks coming back necxt year, if we stumble HDN is gone anyway.

I hope when the recruits see Gus's exciting style of ball, 2007 recuting class will be great.
" Think Right, Do Right"

Thrilbilly

Recruiting is easy when your team is on top of the world. In my mind there are three reasons why a recruit commits to a team. 1. This team has really got it going on. 2. It is close to their home or heart. 3. The recruiters are good enough to convince the recruit that he is all they need for them to the have it going on.

When things are down the recruiters really have to wick it up a few notches to get these top recruits.

duckman

and I believe this is all possible....

Once Nutt steps aside and we get a real coach.....

ArkansasI

beatnikluv

Great post!  Thanks for a pinch of hope - Merry Christmas! :razorback:

Chief Mac

Great post! 

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

bigyellowdog