Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs interview former NFL Asssistant for last position..

Started by Boarcephus, December 20, 2005, 06:48:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Nate has an article in the paper this morning about Alex Wood interviewing with Nutt for the last job on the staff.  Sounds pretty good to me...Arizona Cardianal OC in 2004, Viking QB coach 99-02, and Bengal receiver coach in 2003.  Coached Brad Johnson and Dante Culpeper while with the Vikings.  I would think that would have to be impressive to potential recruits.  Sounds like a good hire if it works out that way. 

On a side note, I couldn't help but chuckle at this.....quoting Nate here, "Nutt was candid to to Wood about Malzahns cooridinating role with the offense even with Wood's NFL experience and the coaching experience amassed by Markuson, Danny Nutt, and Shibest.  "We hit on that" Nutt said, "and he seemed fine with it".   It gave the appearence to me that Nutt almost apologized to the guy for Malzahn running the offense with only a high school resume while everyone else has college and NFL experience. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

JoeBobHog

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

benswinesmoney

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 20, 2005, 06:48:37 am
Nate has an article in the paper this morning about Alex Wood interviewing with Nutt for the last job on the staff. Sounds pretty good to me...Arizona Cardianal OC in 2004, Viking QB coach 99-02, and Bengal receiver coach in 2003. Coached Brad Johnson and Dante Culpeper while with the Vikings. I would think that would have to be impressive to potential recruits. Sounds like a good hire if it works out that way.

On a side note, I couldn't help but chuckle at this.....quoting Nate here, "Nutt was candid to to Wood about Malzahns cooridinating role with the offense even with Wood's NFL experience and the coaching experience amassed by Markuson, Danny Nutt, and Shibest. "We hit on that" Nutt said, "and he seemed fine with it". It gave the appearence to me that Nutt almost apologized to the guy for Malzahn running the offense with only a high school resume while everyone else has college and NFL experience.
The article also said that Nutt acknowledged interviewing the former Tenn offensive coordinator as well.  I'm surprised frankly that he acknowledged that, but it appears we are going to sign this guy if Nutt is talking at all.

idochog

Did Broyles( I mean LINDSEY) enjoy the interview?

Was HDN allowed to ask questions (with permission from LINDSEY)?
I love Jesus!

JoeBobHog

Quote from: benswinesmoney on December 20, 2005, 07:48:33 am
Quote from: Boarcephus on December 20, 2005, 06:48:37 am
Nate has an article in the paper this morning about Alex Wood interviewing with Nutt for the last job on the staff. Sounds pretty good to me...Arizona Cardianal OC in 2004, Viking QB coach 99-02, and Bengal receiver coach in 2003. Coached Brad Johnson and Dante Culpeper while with the Vikings. I would think that would have to be impressive to potential recruits. Sounds like a good hire if it works out that way.

On a side note, I couldn't help but chuckle at this.....quoting Nate here, "Nutt was candid to to Wood about Malzahns cooridinating role with the offense even with Wood's NFL experience and the coaching experience amassed by Markuson, Danny Nutt, and Shibest. "We hit on that" Nutt said, "and he seemed fine with it". It gave the appearence to me that Nutt almost apologized to the guy for Malzahn running the offense with only a high school resume while everyone else has college and NFL experience.
The article also said that Nutt acknowledged interviewing the former Tenn offensive coordinator as well. I'm surprised frankly that he acknowledged that, but it appears we are going to sign this guy if Nutt is talking at all.

I'm thinking Sanders will be the better recruiter.  as long as Mitch likes him, he'd be my pick.

(I'm an idiot--still holding out hope.)
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

claycohog

Nutt also commmented on how sore his butt was.  I heard that the meeting was over an hour long.  I'm sure Lindsey's hand was tired, also.

Boarcephus

Quote from: JoeBobHog on December 20, 2005, 07:32:48 am
who do you like, Bo?

Like you, still holding out hope for MM and I'd think a former NFL guy who coached Culpepper and Johnson would have to impress.   In the article, he went on to say who couldn't recruit to this place.  He got kids to come to Wyoming  from Detroit so this should be no problem.  I'd think this would be my choice but in all honesty, before this article, I'd never heard of him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

bigyellowdog

I had not heard of Alex Wood either.  But based on what I read, he sounds like he could impress a QB recruit.  But who knows with Nutt and the MSU gang running things.

JJHog

Wood said he's fine with recruiting again for the first time since 1998, especially with what Arkansas has to recruit. "Recruiting to this place?" Wood said. "Are you kidding me? I used to get them from Detroit to the University of Wyoming." [/b]

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/35643/
" Think Right, Do Right"

Hogs4Ever

I think Wood is the way to go.  We need a NFL coach to offset the inexperience of Gus.  Hopefully that might keep MM.

Hogs4Ever

Hell yeah!  That's the attitude we need.   :razorback:

Coachjy

Could be a good hire. Guys sounds fired up to be here!

JackJohnson

Quote from: JJHog on December 20, 2005, 09:06:04 am
Wood said he's fine with recruiting again for the first time since 1998, especially with what Arkansas has to recruit. "Recruiting to this place?" Wood said. "Are you kidding me? I used to get them from Detroit to the University of Wyoming." [/b]

I can't believe HDN would approve of that being put in the paper- it totally goes against everything the state media wants us to believe  :o

benswinesmoney

I loved that quote.  Of course, I've been to the Univ of Wyoming's campus and you almost have to to appreciate what he's saying.  Their stadium seats about 30k I think and it's a small barren looking area.  It makes Starkpatch look like it has culture.

WILL CLINTON

What's bad is that there is another one of Houston's "old friends from oklahoma State that is interviewing also.  Please, please let him hire the guy with NFL experience....
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

JJHog

Quote from: dubyacee on December 20, 2005, 09:10:55 am
What's bad is that there is another one of Houston's "old friends from oklahoma State that is interviewing also. Please, please let him hire the guy with NFL experience....

Is Houston's buddy an african american?
" Think Right, Do Right"

bigyellowdog

What's bad is that there is another one of Houston's "old friends from oklahoma State that is interviewing also. Please, please let him hire the guy with NFL experience....

I agree.  Randy Sanders would be a better hire than one of Nutt's buds.  But I would prefer one with NFL experience. 

Zen_Hog

Chief Mac

Sounds like the guy we need.....don't frick it up Nutt!!   ;D

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: JJHog on December 20, 2005, 09:14:22 am

Is Houston's buddy an african american?

not sure.  You think this is having an effect on who is being hired? 

WilsonHog

corndo

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: MikeThrel on December 20, 2005, 09:22:43 am

Which coach is Alex Wood? Is that the guy from the AZ Cardinals?

yessir

jabohog

Quote from: MikeThrel on December 20, 2005, 09:22:43 am

Wood said he’s fine with recruiting again for the first time since 1998, especially with what Arkansas has to recruit. "Recruiting to this place?" Wood said. "Are you kidding me? I used to get them from Detroit to the University of Wyoming." [/b]

Which coach is Alex Wood? Is that the guy from the AZ Cardinals?
The one that was fired from the Arizona Cardinals.