Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

still just 3 votes in AP poll

Started by benswinesmoney, December 20, 2005, 08:19:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

benswinesmoney

I think if we beat Texas Tech and our rental win the following week, we'll likely make a sharp move upward in the poll just before the SEC season.  We won't be ranked though unless we win our first couple of SEC games.

CiriusPorker

I might be wrong, but i think Arkansas will struggle in the SEC games unless we see some major improvements against Texas Tech.  I'm not completely convinced that we've got it together this year.

Coachjy

I do see improvement. We would have lost the Missouri and Missouri State games last year. They are still not where they need to be but they have improved. Just my thoughts.

benswinesmoney

Quote from: Coachjy on December 20, 2005, 08:43:09 am
I do see improvement. We would have lost the Missouri and Missouri State games last year. They are still not where they need to be but they have improved. Just my thoughts.
I think we would have also lost to Kansas last year.  We had not composure, but seem to keep it together in those close ones now.  We were waxing a lot of awful teams this time last year, but we've done a good job of non conf scheduling this year.  There's no room to criticize us at all.

HogInGermany

I'm not surprised we're not ranked yet. I don't think a win against Texas Tech will make a big difference either, as far as rankings go. If we can run off a good streak including some road wins in the SEC, the rankings will take care of themselves. This team doesn't need to focus on rankings. A 20 win regular season and a win or two in the SEC tournament need to be the goals, because that's what it will take to go to the Dance. If that happens everything is okay.

Hogs4Ever

Just win baby. The rankings will come with the W's.

hogfan98

the real wierd thing is that miss. st got votes in the coaches poll this week while we recieved zero.  same thing happened the week after we beat kansas.  they got votes and we didn't.  there are some very uninformed coaches out there.

benswinesmoney

Quote from: hogfan98 on December 20, 2005, 09:42:50 am
the real wierd thing is that miss. st got votes in the coaches poll this week while we recieved zero. same thing happened the week after we beat kansas. they got votes and we didn't. there are some very uninformed coaches out there.
I don't even pay attention to the coaches polls anymore.  HDN's ballot left W. Virg off entirely from the Top 25.  I don't think they're a great team or anything, but I'd say 20-25 at a minimum.

kuhog

Just keep winning, and coaches/AP will start noticing. However, a win against Tech will surely get us some recognition.