Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USA Today/Coaches Poll: No respect

Started by ReturnToDynasty?, December 19, 2005, 01:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnToDynasty?

December 19, 2005, 01:06:21 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 02:39:40 pm by ReturnToDynasty?
The brilliant COACHES have once again neglected to give the Hogs respect.  Those morons ranked Missouri State higher than the Hogs...and we beat them!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Hogs4Ever

Same with with UK and Louisville.  UK just beat them and they're still ranked higher.  Happens all the time.

Turnberry

Who cares.  We have done nothing to deserve any respect yet.
aka PlanoHog

benswinesmoney

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on December 19, 2005, 01:06:21 pm
The brilliant sports writers have once again neglected to give the Hogs respect. Those morons ranked Missouri State higher than the Hogs...and we beat them!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings
It's not the writers, it's the coaches.  I think the AP poll will be a bit better.  But MIssouri state didn't even have votes last week in the Coaches poll but somehow losing to us gave them a bump up?  What a joke.

cmakrzrbak

It usually doesn't happen with someone from a no-name conference with no quality wins over a team with two quality losses in a major conference that beat them.  We need to be patient on the polls though.  As long as we win games, we will be ranked eventually.  I expect we'll crack the top 25 before conference play.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

HighOnHogs

Arkansas still has much to prove before we get any respect.  How many years now have we missed the tourney?

sooie dog

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on December 19, 2005, 01:10:58 pm
I expect we'll crack the top 25 before conference play.

Give me one reason to expect this.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on December 19, 2005, 01:10:58 pm
It usually doesn't happen with someone from a no-name conference with no quality wins over a team with two quality losses in a major conference that beat them.  We need to be patient on the polls though.  As long as we win games, we will be ranked eventually.  I expect we'll crack the top 25 before conference play.

Exactly.  Just win and the rankings will take care of themselves.

bigyellowdog

A win over TT should be able to pick up some votes next week.  The media loves their General.  What the Hogs need is some media attention as far as votes are concerned.

TuckFexas

I would expect to at least have some votes by now. We have two losses, Uconn and Maryland, both in the top 20. We have 2 wins over the big 12 and one over a tourney team. Oh well, flying under the radar for now could help us out.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

PulledPork

the end of the year is what matters...........

A-Town Hog Fan

Missouri State gets 3 votes and we get 0.  WTH    :razorback:
Lord help us all!

bigyellowdog

Quote from: Packman21 on December 19, 2005, 02:05:32 pm
Missouri State gets 3 votes and we get 0. WTH :razorback:

That is messed up.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on December 19, 2005, 01:09:14 pm
Same with with UK and Louisville. UK just beat them and they're still ranked higher. Happens all the time.

Doesn't happen like this my friend, where a team like Missouri State is ranked higher than a team like Arkansas, especially after we just beat them.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on December 19, 2005, 02:48:24 pm
if that theory held water, we would have been in the top25 after losses to #2 and #17....right? ???

Are you trying to argue that it's justified that Missouri State is ranked higher than us?  If so, then you need help, which I would gladly give.