Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB's could be Product of Gus's System

Started by Tiredofhogssucking, December 19, 2005, 11:45:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiredofhogssucking

Haven't seen this posted yet, but what if MM is simply a product of the Gus Malzahn offensive system.  I know that the kid is talented, but what if Gus is able to simply plug in the parts to his system and then have the offensive success that results in Great QB stats and Wins & Losses.  Similar to the way Texas Tech always has a QB with outstanding stats and awesome numbers and 8-10 wins a year.

I know I'm just another person posting on a message board, but I think the best off-season addition is Gus.  I think that if we lose MM and only get Andrew Norman, that's OK.  We're still going to get to see Gus install his offense at the UofA and still get to see some awesome home games next year.  Yeah, I'll be disappointed if MM decides to go somewhere else, but WHATEVER!  He'll have to live with that decision. 

What I can't figure out, is why MM wouldn't come play for Gus.  What the Hell.....he would be the most experienced QB in the new System.  Can you imagine if he gets to play next year in Gus's system for 3 or 4 more years.....can you imagine the stats this kid could ring-up. 

Anyway.....I think the new offensive schemes and the new OC will be the key to turning things around on the hill!  Not MM!!!!

Hog Hegemony

Possibly, but if you look at MM's ability (i.e. throwing, checking off, and ability to call plays on line) he is still a good QB despite Gus.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Tiredofhogssucking on December 19, 2005, 11:45:40 am
Haven't seen this posted yet, but what if MM is simply a product of the Gus Malzahn offensive system. I know that the kid is talented, but what if Gus is able to simply plug in the parts to his system and then have the offensive success that results in Great QB stats and Wins & Losses. Similar to the way Texas Tech always has a QB with outstanding stats and awesome numbers and 8-10 wins a year.

I know I'm just another person posting on a message board, but I think the best off-season addition is Gus. I think that if we lose MM and only get Andrew Norman, that's OK. We're still going to get to see Gus install his offense at the UofA and still get to see some awesome home games next year. Yeah, I'll be disappointed if MM decides to go somewhere else, but WHATEVER! He'll have to live with that decision.

What I can't figure out, is why MM wouldn't come play for Gus. What the Hell.....he would be the most experienced QB in the new System. Can you imagine if he gets to play next year in Gus's system for 3 or 4 more years.....can you imagine the stats this kid could ring-up.

Anyway.....I think the new offensive schemes and the new OC will be the key to turning things around on the hill! Not MM!!!!

Very true on qb's before Mustain.  Mitch's arm strength and accuracy makes him different.

brooks74

Quote from: Hog Hegemony on December 19, 2005, 11:48:05 am
Possibly, but if you look at MM's ability (i.e. throwing, checking off, and ability to call plays on line) he is still a good QB despite Gus.

I had the opportunity to see a couple of Gus' teams at Shiloh and early at Springdale and by far MM is the most talented QB he has had.  Some of the stats are part of the system, but most HS QB's get to play entire games.  Many of SHS's games this year the starters played the 1st half, and maybe into the 3rd qtr a little.  MM is much more talented than Josh Floyd, Lashlee, and some of the others Gus had in the past, and that is not meant to bash those guys.

Hog Hegemony

I agree with you Brooks. He has all the tools to be a good QB.  It's not just the system with him.

brooks74

I think Casey Dick is a D-1 QB, and I am really glad he's a Hog and I think he'll succeed in the offense.  I just think it is sad when we have one of the top 3 qb's in the nation in our backyard, and he's leaning toward going somewhere else.