Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Done with the handringing on Mitch M....

Started by leemicha, December 19, 2005, 11:42:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leemicha

Being an SHS grad and a huge Razorback fan, there is nothing I'd like more than to see Mitch in Hog uniform and come lead us back to a nice run in the SEC over the next 4-5 years.  But with the events that have transpired over since the State Title game - I don't see it happening.

It has been suggested and rumored that he could be a silent commit to ND or at the least a heavy lean there.  Give that situation, with both of their QB commits coming out publicly and reconfirming thier love and pledges to ND, you have to wonder his mindset if he would be willing to be apart of a Triple QB signing with them.   Meaning, if he is willing to walk straight into a possibility of not playing, and make no mistake that is exactly the stakes, then I can not imagine he was EVER really considering playing here.  I'm not doubting Mitch's capabilities mind you, but the odds would be stacked against him with 2 QB's on campus (not counting Quinn) that have been in the system already, and the two QB's committed.  Not only that, but Weiss' system isn't exactly Gus'.  There would be a learinging curve for Mitch for sure.  Just think of something this simple, how many times did Mitch turn his back to the line of scrimmage on PA?  Never.  I point that out because of San fransico having to "start over" a lot with #1 pick Alex Smith for the techniques, reads ect fro a por-style offense vs. what he did under Meyer at Utah.   But, this could be the opportunity for Mitch to RS and then see what happens, but no guarantee of a starting gig. 

I think we'll see serious the ND thing is this Wed.  If comes out on Countdown to Signing Day with ND, then there it is.  If not, maybe he is actually weighing some more attractive situations. 
Either way, I don't see him believing that the UA is one of those.  At this point, a definitive "no" now would be better than a Feb. 1 signing with a UA hat on the table - and him not picking it.

MJ2

I'm wondering if he has in fact committed to Weis and Weis has said he would not go public with the info because he is concerned that Mustain will make an 11th hour switch back to the Hogs because of the Malzahn thing.

If Weis stays quiet and sends in a letter to MM on Feb 1, then the other two QB's likely will not have a chance to back out on ND.   Weis may also know that one or both of his other QB's may not get eligible so he'll need MM.

hoggyhog

There seems to be no limit to the theories and conjectures involving MM!  Oh well, that's what this board is all about -- exercising our right of free speech.  Keep those cards and letters coming!
Have a GREAT day!!

Biggus Piggus

Do we really have a chance of signing another QB for this class?  If so, we'll still probably have only two for spring practice.
[CENSORED]!

Mark Martin Fan

My guess on Mitch.
1.  His mom does not want him to go to UA, she wants him to go to Notre Dame...she is worried about his pro career
2.  He wants to go to Notre Dame and has wanted to since last summer
3.  He committed to UA to get everybody off his case during football season
4.  ND cannot say he is their recruit or they lose one of their other QB recruits
5.  Mitch is a silent ND commit
6.  Mitch will sign with ND, but it will be after the other 2 ND QB recruits have already inked their paperwork. 

Please note, this is a guess.  If he did commit to the UA when he really knew he wanted to go to ND, I think that could have been handled in a better way.  Like I said, this is a guess and I'm not an expert on recruiting...but that is what it looks like has happened.

As a side note, there is a Hall of Fame QB at Green Bay who went to Southern Miss...it isn't the school, it is the QB!!!

Hog Fan for Life!!!!

mikeirwin

Quote from: Mark Martin Fan on December 19, 2005, 06:37:34 pm
My guess on Mitch.
1.  His mom does not want him to go to UA, she wants him to go to Notre Dame...she is worried about his pro career
2.  He wants to go to Notre Dame and has wanted to since last summer
3.  He committed to UA to get everybody off his case during football season
4.  ND cannot say he is their recruit or they lose one of their other QB recruits
5.  Mitch is a silent ND commit
6.  Mitch will sign with ND, but it will be after the other 2 ND QB recruits have already inked their paperwork. 

Please note, this is a guess.  If he did commit to the UA when he really knew he wanted to go to ND, I think that could have been handled in a better way.  Like I said, this is a guess and I'm not an expert on recruiting...but that is what it looks like has happened.

As a side note, there is a Hall of Fame QB at Green Bay who went to Southern Miss...it isn't the school, it is the QB!!!

1. Possibly
2. Wrong.
3. Wrong.
4. Maybe.
5. Slightly possible.
6. Not likely.
The above is just my opinion.

JJHog

I wonder sometimes if the kid just wants to get away frm home for a while.
" Think Right, Do Right"