Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How are we gonna compete?

Started by hoggystyle78, December 19, 2005, 09:22:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggystyle78

I was wondering, how in the world nutt and his boys, minus Gus of course, are gonna spin recruiting this year? This has been the worst year so far during nutt's tenure. How are we gonna ever be a contender in the SEC while nutt is in charge? We're losing recruits, and the ones we're signing will have to choose between us and schools such as Tulsa, Ark. State, Central Florida etc. etc. The only way to compete with inferior talent is with superior coaching, which at the moment we don't have. JMO ???

Hogs4Ever

I'll reserve judgement on this class after Feb. 1st.  It's tough to bring in top recruits coming off back to back losing seasons.  :(

MJ2

Actually, it's not just Nutt that has to spin the story that they are thrilled with their recruits.  All 119 D-1 schools have to do this.   You never hear a coach say - "well, we had to settle for a bunch of rejects this year, but we'll keep trying"....

paragould25

haha....it goes back to the losing seasons...you get some kid in Texas or Alabama who has the oppurtunity to go to a big program thats proved themselves or Arkansas who is in trouble...I know if it was me it'd be an easy decision
I like you people.

TuckFexas

Patience. Feb 1st is still over a month away. Then we can knock the class.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Coacht

Surely if HDN can spin his back to back losing seasons and convincce us all that he is the best coach we can find, and sell us a used car we didn't need, surely he can talk an 18 year old kid Arkansas will be in the hunt for a NC within two years.
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

WILL CLINTON

We are going to compete the same way we have been for the past 2 years, not very well...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

TuckFexas

Quote from: lumphog on December 19, 2005, 11:43:01 am
I can`t believe there are STILL people on Nutts side. How many times does he have to fall on his face before you people get it ?????? Nutt CAN NOT get us over the hump. We will NEVER turn the corner as long as Nutt is here. How many eagotistical dumbass decissions has he made this year alone ?????? Nutt is in WAY OVER his head. He is NOT SEC matterial !! I was bullshitted by Nuttfor a couple of years[YES, I once supported Nutt....What a dumbass] BUT, If you STILL support Nutt, after the last three years, you are not very smart........OR you are not a real Razorback fan. This CAN BE a top program[IT WAS BEFORE]. All we need is a GREAT coach that can RECRUIT. If they had FIRED Nutt and Hired Butch, we WOULD HAVE a TOP 10 recruiting class right NOW and on our way back to the TOP..............That is just FACT, and you CAN NOT argue with FACTS !!!!!!

Can't argue with facts, but can argue with SPECULATION. You have no idea what our recruiting class would look like with Butch here. Might be top 10, but no way to tell, because Butch is not here, Nutt is. Deal with it.
Famous quote.

Hog Hegemony

I think we need to reserve judgment until Feb. 1st.  We don't know what recruits will come in on Feb. 1st.  For all we know MM and a bunch of 4-star recruits may decide to sign with Arkansas.

hogsanity

My question is the same except remove the word Nutt.  " How are we ever going to compete in the SEC?"  And please, for all thats good, do not say " Hire Butch and all will be well"  Cause that in and of itself is not the answer. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog Hegemony

I agree with hogsanity.  That's really not the answer anymore.  Butch will not be hired this year, and we're stuck with Nutt. So, let's get behind him and hope for the best....

hawgbawb

I can`t believe there are STILL people on Nutts side. How many times does he have to fall on his face before you people get it ?????? Nutt CAN NOT get us over the hump. We will NEVER turn the corner as long as Nutt is here. How many eagotistical dumbass decissions has he made this year alone ?????? Nutt is in WAY OVER his head. He is NOT SEC matterial !! I was bullshitted by Nuttfor a couple of years[YES, I once supported Nutt....What a dumbass] BUT, If you STILL support Nutt, after the last three years, you are not very smart........OR you are not a real Razorback fan. This CAN BE a top program[IT WAS BEFORE]. All we need is a GREAT coach that can RECRUIT. If they had FIRED Nutt and Hired Butch, we WOULD HAVE a TOP 10 recruiting class right NOW and on our way back to the TOP..............That is just FACT, and you CAN NOT argue with FACTS !!!!!!

Nutt is the coach.  Get over it. You're preaching to the choir in some cases, and not gonna convince those that support Nutt.  You're wasting your time and hurting recruiting by spewing that negativity.  If you're so convinced that Nutt is a moron, then you should be certain that he will flop again next year, in which case he is sure to be canned.

I think you really know that you've lost your draft Butch campaign and are venting in frustration, because you know the team has turned the corner and next year looks promising.  Take it like a man and either be supportive or be quiet.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

TuckFexas

Quote from: lumphog on December 19, 2005, 12:24:44 pm
HA HA HA HA , That`s funny. I guess I will have to WAIT another year with this IDIOT running the program into the ground, BUT he WILL be gone next year !!!! He`s a PROVEN LOSER, and if you support his dumba$$ you`re not very smart !!!! How MANY times does he have to prove his incompetence ?????

Joe Paterno was a proven loser last year.
Famous quote.

bigyellowdog

Paterno is a proven loser with a couple of MNC's. 

mikeirwin

They're gonna take some lumps in recruiting this year. How could they not ? They've had back to back losing seasons. They'll have to make up for it next year after Gus out foxes all those other def coordinators.  ;D

TuckFexas

Quote from: lumphog on December 19, 2005, 12:48:02 pm
How in the H3LL can tou compare Paterno to Nutt ????? I`m through, you`ve proven my POINT !!!

It wasn't really a comparison between the two coaches as it was a comparison between two programs. Penn State has sucked the past couple of years, now there in a bcs bowl.
Famous quote.

Porky OLeary

Quote from: hawgbawb on December 19, 2005, 12:17:14 pm

Nutt is the coach. Get over it. You're preaching to the choir in some cases, and not gonna convince those that support Nutt. You're wasting your time and hurting recruiting by spewing that negativity. If you're so convinced that Nutt is a moron, then you should be certain that he will flop again next year, in which case he is sure to be canned.

I think you really know that you've lost your draft Butch campaign and are venting in frustration, because you know the team has turned the corner and next year looks promising. Take it like a man and either be supportive or be quiet.

It's not message boad posters hurting recruiting. It's houston dale nutt.

Tusks

New stadium, the country's largest weight room, new and maybe nicest in the country indoor practice facility, no NCAA cloud, relaxed 'D' rule and reinstated major for football players.......those have been HDN excuses as to why he couldn't recruit big time.  Every obstical he threw in the way has been removed....what's next?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

silvertip

Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2005, 11:54:01 am
My question is the same except remove the word Nutt. " How are we ever going to compete in the SEC?" And please, for all thats good, do not say " Hire Butch and all will be well" Cause that in and of itself is not the answer.

First off, who knows how this recruiting class will turn out?

" How are we ever going to compete in the SEC ?"  With a strong passing game. It's the way teams that are "out-talented can compete."  I have to laugh when people complain that "poor little us" will never be able to recruit in the SEC---then turn around and say Nutt is the best coach for our program. Ha ha ha, it is to laugh. His O was exactlly opposite of what was needed.

The type of O Gus is bringing is exactly what a team needs if they need to improve vs the top SEC teams. As the O becomes more professional, the recruiting will improve. Watch Ark & S.Car the next few years.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: TuckFexas on December 19, 2005, 12:42:31 pm
Quote from: lumphog on December 19, 2005, 12:24:44 pm
HA HA HA HA , That`s funny. I guess I will have to WAIT another year with this IDIOT running the program into the ground, BUT he WILL be gone next year !!!! He`s a PROVEN LOSER, and if you support his dumba$$ you`re not very smart !!!! How MANY times does he have to prove his incompetence ?????

Joe Paterno was a proven loser last year.

Um, the "precious" acorn is no Patterno..........EVER

Funny post though  ;)