Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So with the theory around here that HDN

Started by idochog, December 19, 2005, 07:47:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

idochog

is gone after this next year.  How hard is HDN and staff likely to recruit.  We could be looking at a Hatfield type situation here.

Recruiting not going well this year plus HDN and "gang" might not work too hard on the juniors either.  Looks like a receipe for disaster IMO by keeping HDN around.
I love Jesus!

benswinesmoney

Quote from: idochog on December 19, 2005, 07:47:42 am
is gone after this next year. How hard is HDN and staff likely to recruit. We could be looking at a Hatfield type situation here.

Recruiting not going well this year plus HDN and "gang" might not work too hard on the juniors either. Looks like a receipe for disaster IMO by keeping HDN around.
recruiting will end up fine and HDN will be here for years to come in spite of the latest Tom Clancy novel written by some people.  The same people by the way, that said he was going to be terminated this past year and it was a "done deal".

hoggystyle78

There may be some truth to that, if nutt thinks he may leave next year and take most of his staff with him, they may very well be laying an egg in recruiting on purpose, trying to get back at the fans and JFB. And don't tell me nutt would never do that, he proved how mature he was with his little slap in the face to the fans after the Ole miss game( I called some good plays brotha!), We all know that he really doesn't give a schitt about the helmet, if he did he wouldn't have lifted his skirt for Nebraska, LSU, and lately Colorado. Nutt may be a good guy, like another thread on here states, but if you don't think that this staff tanking on recruiting is a possibility then you're crazy, we all know nutt was forced to hire Gus and he didn't like it one bit, it was a blow to that huge ego of his.
is gone after this next year. How hard is HDN and staff likely to recruit. We could be looking at a Hatfield type situation here.

Recruiting not going well this year plus HDN and "gang" might not work too hard on the juniors either. Looks like a receipe for disaster IMO by keeping HDN around.

brooks74

Quote from: benswinesmoney on December 19, 2005, 07:55:57 am

recruiting will end up fine and HDN will be here for years to come in spite of the latest Tom Clancy novel written by some people. The same people by the way, that said he was going to be terminated this past year and it was a "done deal".

Yea, has recruiting been fine the past 5 years?  Look at our class, we have 8 solid recruits, and 2 very iffy ones, and that is a month and a half from signing day.  The topt teams have 15-25 commits already.  Besides, who wants recruiting to end up "fine?"  Why can't we have a year that ends up great or very good?

jdhoover

hoggy,  I don't believe he ever lifted his skirt for Colorado.  That was more rumors from the media and message boards than actual truth.  The Nebraska thing he used to get the "two-year guarantee" that we have all been told about.  If he did not play that card, we all know he would have been fired as soon as the season ended this year (which seems to be what most of the posters want).
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

Hawgon

That is exactly what is happening.  I do believe that those guys won't recruit as hard.  They know they are either going somewhere else or he will get fired.  It is Hatfield all over again.  We will whiff on two consecutive recruiting classes.  It may be almost as bad as going on probation.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Nutt has shown he is not above doing anything INCLUDING damaging the program, when it comes to his own personal interest..this is one reason I still continue to be concerned...
IMO
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

benswinesmoney

Quote from: brooks74 on December 19, 2005, 08:04:00 am

recruiting will end up fine and HDN will be here for years to come in spite of the latest Tom Clancy novel written by some people. The same people by the way, that said he was going to be terminated this past year and it was a "done deal".

Yea, has recruiting been fine the past 5 years? Look at our class, we have 8 solid recruits, and 2 very iffy ones, and that is a month and a half from signing day. The topt teams have 15-25 commits already. Besides, who wants recruiting to end up "fine?" Why can't we have a year that ends up great or very good?
We have 15 scholarship positions, if we had 15-20 prospects commited we'd be over our limit already, DUH.

WILL CLINTON

I suppose if you think that whiffing on 5 of the top 6 players in the state "fine", then yeah, it's going peachy.  And what part of Nutt getting fired for a bad record or leaving on his own with a good record souds like a "Tom Clancy novel"?  He tried to leave for Nebraska 2 years ago, and after a losing season tried to go to LSU but they didn't want him.  And up until the last minute, it was a done deal that Nutt was leaving because he and his "crew" were seriously balking at hiring an OC, much less a High School OC, just because he decided he wanted to con the state of Arkansas out of another $1.5 million by posing as a D-1 level coach does not make people wrong..
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

benswinesmoney

I think 20 max.  we'll see, but I don't see 10 players leaving.  Maybe 4-5.

brooks74

Quote from: benswinesmoney on December 19, 2005, 08:48:25 am

Yea, has recruiting been fine the past 5 years? Look at our class, we have 8 solid recruits, and 2 very iffy ones, and that is a month and a half from signing day. The topt teams have 15-25 commits already. Besides, who wants recruiting to end up "fine?" Why can't we have a year that ends up great or very good?
We have 15 scholarship positions, if we had 15-20 prospects commited we'd be over our limit already, DUH.

They have said all along that we would sign 18-20.  Besides, with the recruits we have missed on, and what is left out there, we'll be lucky to break the top 100.  Take Mustain and McKinney out of the class, and all of a sudden it looks much worse.  I want the Hogs to win, and win big, and settling for our recruiting being "fine," is just stupid. 

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

benswinesmoney

Quote from: brooks74 on December 19, 2005, 09:00:15 am

They have said all along that we would sign 18-20. Besides, with the recruits we have missed on, and what is left out there, we'll be lucky to break the top 100. Take Mustain and McKinney out of the class, and all of a sudden it looks much worse. I want the Hogs to win, and win big, and settling for our recruiting being "fine," is just stupid.
well, looks like you'll be an unhappy camper then.  Maybe ASU should get your attention.  Currently, we're #28 on Rivals.  so 100 or below, LOL.  You're funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

The real Hogules

"well, looks like you'll be an unhappy camper then.  Maybe ASU should get your attention.  Currently, we're #28 on Rivals.  so 100 or below, LOL.  You're funny.  Thanks for the laugh."

If we're 28th Nationally, then Rivals probably hasn't taken Mustain off our committed list yet.
Don't be such a HDN suck up, most of the best players at each position across the Nation have already selected a college destination and it sure as hell isn't Arkansas!
We're now relegated to choosing from the leftovers, in many instances.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

benswinesmoney

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 19, 2005, 09:45:37 am
"well, looks like you'll be an unhappy camper then. Maybe ASU should get your attention. Currently, we're #28 on Rivals. so 100 or below, LOL. You're funny. Thanks for the laugh."

If we're 28th Nationally, then Rivals probably hasn't taken Mustain off our committed list yet.
Don't be such a HDN suck up, most of the best players at each position across the Nation have already selected a college destination and it sure as hell isn't Arkansas!
I don't suck up to anyone.  Especially to people who make stupid posts during recruiting season like his and yours.  I seriously doubt you have a clue what you're talking about.  And to think that you support the notion of something in the 100's for a team, lol.  Thanks for the laugh.  Objectivity and realism is clearly not a darksider trait.

brooks74

Quote from: benswinesmoney on December 19, 2005, 09:04:56 am
Quote from: brooks74 on December 19, 2005, 09:00:15 am

They have said all along that we would sign 18-20. Besides, with the recruits we have missed on, and what is left out there, we'll be lucky to break the top 100. Take Mustain and McKinney out of the class, and all of a sudden it looks much worse. I want the Hogs to win, and win big, and settling for our recruiting being "fine," is just stupid.
well, looks like you'll be an unhappy camper then. Maybe ASU should get your attention. Currently, we're #28 on Rivals. so 100 or below, LOL. You're funny. Thanks for the laugh.
That's with Mustain and McKinney.  Not funny, just realistic.  Scout has us at #60 with those two.  Like I said, I want the Hogs to win as bad as anyone, but we haven't gotten it done.  Proof is in W's and L's.  What's sad is that you are content with being rated #28!  WOO HOO, let's be mediocre!  I love moral victories!!

brooks74

Quote from: benswinesmoney on December 19, 2005, 10:03:19 am
"well, looks like you'll be an unhappy camper then. Maybe ASU should get your attention. Currently, we're #28 on Rivals. so 100 or below, LOL. You're funny. Thanks for the laugh."

I don't suck up to anyone. Especially to people who make stupid posts during recruiting season like his and yours. I seriously doubt you have a clue what you're talking about. And to think that you support the notion of something in the 100's for a team, lol. Thanks for the laugh. Objectivity and realism is clearly not a darksider trait.

You need to read your own post and get some objectivity and realism.  We are an SEC team but can't crack the top 25 in recruiting.  Again, if you like mediocrity and being the champs of Missisippi schools, just keep kissing HDN's backside.

lumphog

Quote from: benswinesmoney on December 19, 2005, 10:03:19 am

I don't suck up to anyone. Especially to people who make stupid posts during recruiting season like his and yours. I seriously doubt you have a clue what you're talking about. And to think that you support the notion of something in the 100's for a team, lol. Thanks for the laugh. Objectivity and realism is clearly not a darksider trait.
That`s stupid

Torqued pork

We are in a no-win situation with Nutt as far as recruiting is concerned. One more losing season and he's gone and if he has a winning season he's open to other job offers. Either way spells instability and recruits hate that.

silvertip

This recruiting talk brings up a question. How have the rankings of our recruiting classes compared to the final Hawg ranking at the end of each season ?

Seems to me some huggers have been saying for years that Nutt does "more with less."  OK, this is the chance to give some evidence to back that up. Bring the info.

I bet if anyone can come up with these numbers, it won't be the people who keep trotting out this "excuse." Because I think those people don't like to deal with the facts. C'mon let's see it---show us what you got.

brooks74

I think I read on here where it is pretty close to average.  We seem to fall in between the have's (Florida, Tenn, UGA, Bama, Auburn, and LSU, and the have nots (Vandy, Miss St. Ole Miss, and Kentucky.) which means we end up about where we did this year.  Champs of Missisissippi

tophawg19

we may not be the champs of miss. they are doing pretty good this year .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins