Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

At least Nutt's a good guy

Started by PigInaBlanket, December 18, 2005, 11:09:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigInaBlanket

First, I am not a Hugger, but,

One of my firends took her 5 yr old to the Miss St game and he had a brand new hog football that he wanted to get signed.  Well, some how someone knocked it out his hands and he lost his ball.  My friend sent Houston Nutt an email about it, and Friday she got a UPS delivery of a football signed by all the players. Just thought that was a cool thing for him to do.

razorback4life

December 18, 2005, 11:10:06 pm #1 Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 11:20:23 pm by pseudorabies
Quote from: PigInaBlanket on December 18, 2005, 11:09:14 pm

One of my firends took her 5 yr old to the Miss St game and he had a brand new hog football that he wanted to get signed. Well, some how someone knocked it out his hands and he lost his ball. My friend sent Houston Nutt an email about it, and Friday she got a UPS delivery of a football signed by all the players. Just thought that was a cool thing for him to do.

I agree, that was nice.  Although, I wish he would put as much effort into recruiting as he did this and we might not be in the situation that he has us in now.

hogsrule44

thats one thing that has never changed is that he is a good guy, i will give him that.

PigInaBlanket

JIHawg

Broken Trigger

Hawgon

He may have done that, but it doesn't make him a good guy.  I never heard too many on this board say that Nolan was a good guy, and he did stuff like that all the time.

My nephew and another white kid were walking down the street on campus during one of Nolan's basketball camps.  They were about at young as you could be and go to the camp.  Nolan drives by and turns around in his Lincoln.  He stops, gets out, and starts talking to them.  He talked to them for about 15 minutes and gave them an autographed basketball before he left.  I have heard of lots of things like that he did, but because he was outspoken and not too careful about what he said, he was an @@shole to most on this board. 

HDN on the other hand is a supreme ass kisser and because he does, he gets away with lots of crap and everyone says he is a good guy.  He isn't.  He is a weasel.  Nolan, like him or not (and I didn't) had more integrity in his little finger than that liar, HDN has in his whole body.  He is not a good guy, just look at the way he has jerked around his players and the petulant little comments he makes.  He is an idiot and a liar.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: Hawgon on December 19, 2005, 08:41:12 am
He may have done that, but it doesn't make him a good guy.  I never heard too many on this board say that Nolan was a good guy, and he did stuff like that all the time.

My nephew and another white kid were walking down the street on campus during one of Nolan's basketball camps.  They were about at young as you could be and go to the camp.  Nolan drives by and turns around in his Lincoln.  He stops, gets out, and starts talking to them.  He talked to them for about 15 minutes and gave them an autographed basketball before he left.  I have heard of lots of things like that he did, but because he was outspoken and not too careful about what he said, he was an @@shole to most on this board. 

HDN on the other hand is a supreme ass kisser and because he does, he gets away with lots of crap and everyone says he is a good guy.  He isn't.  He is a weasel.  Nolan, like him or not (and I didn't) had more integrity in his little finger than that liar, HDN has in his whole body.  He is not a good guy, just look at the way he has jerked around his players and the petulant little comments he makes.  He is an idiot and a liar.

Put a little love in your heart man!  LOL  I think anyone in a public position like HDNs will do a lot of things for political reasons.  Overall, I think he is a good guy but his ego is getting the better of him.  And we know what follows pride.

Coacht

Was it me or did it make you sick during the press conference when HDN made the speach that it was his decision to hire Gus and he had putt allot of thought into it and he strongly believed he was the man for the job.

Do you think this was a lie, another spin to us public, or was it the truth?
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

Frankenswine

After the last home game, the seniors always have an event in the Broyles Center (kind of like a wedding reception) immediately following the game.  It's supposed to be a way of saying thank you to the players and their parents.  This year it was after the South Carolina game, when our bowl chances were shot and the "new season" began.  Guess how many coaches showed up at the event to say thanks for sticking with us and playing hard.  NONE.  The seniors couldn't benefit HDN and his staff anymore, so his obligation to them was over.  This outraged the parents that I talked to, up to the point where one father said that he will never have anything to do with the program again.  So, a lot of the negative posts aren't just a result of blind hating, there have been some things that have happened to create negative feelings.   

JJHog

Quote from: PigInaBlanket on December 18, 2005, 11:09:14 pm

One of my firends took her 5 yr old to the Miss St game and he had a brand new hog football that he wanted to get signed. Well, some how someone knocked it out his hands and he lost his ball. My friend sent Houston Nutt an email about it, and Friday she got a UPS delivery of a football signed by all the players. Just thought that was a cool thing for him to do.

I've heard several stories similar to this.
" Think Right, Do Right"