Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

He will be a Hog

Started by Hums, December 18, 2005, 04:18:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hums

When it is all said and done, Mitch will be a Hog!!!  How can you blame a kid for not taking a look at all of his options?  With all of the mess going on on the Hill, I don't blame him.  I do think that once he looks at all of his options he is going to see that the U of A is where he wants to be.  Just wondering - - What would you advise him to do if you were his father?

Hillis4heisman

Quote from: Hums on December 18, 2005, 04:18:53 pm
When it is all said and done, Mitch will be a Hog!!!  How can you blame a kid for not taking a look at all of his options?  With all of the mess going on on the Hill, I don't blame him.  I do think that once he looks at all of his options he is going to see that the U of A is where he wants to be.  Just wondering - - What would you advise him to do if you were his father?
Give your word and stick with it ...thats what I have instilled in my children

WestMemphisHogFan

When it is all said and done, Mitch will be a Hog!!! How can you blame a kid for not taking a look at all of his options? With all of the mess going on on the Hill, I don't blame him. I do think that once he looks at all of his options he is going to see that the U of A is where he wants to be. Just wondering - - What would you advise him to do if you were his father?

Be a Hog, and play for a good coach and even better man...Houston Nutt! 

gatecrasher

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on December 18, 2005, 04:21:42 pm
When it is all said and done, Mitch will be a Hog!!! How can you blame a kid for not taking a look at all of his options? With all of the mess going on on the Hill, I don't blame him. I do think that once he looks at all of his options he is going to see that the U of A is where he wants to be. Just wondering - - What would you advise him to do if you were his father?

Good man..yes...Good coach?  Leave the meth alone dude...it's fogging your mind!

travelguy

My sources tell me MM is being recruited to play for the Arkansas Stars!!!  That is about as goofy as some of the other posts I have read on here.  By the way, since HDN has not been relieved of his duties as head coach, why don't we rally around him and wish him success next season?  These are, after all, young men out there playing football, and we, as fans, need to support our home team.  Lets be positive for a change.  Tis to season to be merry!  Just think,  we only have 2 more months until Razorback baseball begins!!!

razor1

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on December 18, 2005, 04:21:42 pm

Nicely said....!!!!!

PulledPork

Quote from: Hillis4heisman on December 18, 2005, 04:21:18 pm
no matter what the costs????

clemensrules01

Quote from: PulledPork on December 18, 2005, 04:53:04 pm
what are the costs, pork? he gets to star for his home team. he gets the chance to be a legend. if he leaves, he will be hated for a long time. he will be playing for his high school coach, so he knows the system. he will start from the beginning.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: travelguy on December 18, 2005, 04:38:33 pm
My sources tell me MM is being recruited to play for the Arkansas Stars!!! That is about as goofy as some of the other posts I have read on here. By the way, since HDN has not been relieved of his duties as head coach, why don't we rally around him and wish him success next season? These are, after all, young men out there playing football, and we, as fans, need to support our home team. Lets be positive for a change. Tis to season to be merry! Just think, we only have 2 more months until Razorback baseball begins!!!

Great post travelguy!  Karma for you!

Cajun Hog

The NFL will find you where ever you are in the world.  Your word is your bond.  He can still save face by saying I had to look around and the U fo A is the best place to be......

Hollywood_HOGan

I have gotten to the point where i just the kid to make a decision and get this crap over with.

If he comes, great if not, oh well.

tulsahog36

He will be a legend wheather he chooses the U of A or not.   The only question is what will that legend be????

razorbret69

I am sick of hearing about how  he gave his word. What person in his shoes would not have a ton of crap going through his 18 or 19 yeay old head. You want to talk about pressure.  If we really support him lets not question his word. If he is like the rest of us men I am sure he will get sick of people questioning his ethics. When I was questioned at that age I did just the opposite.

PulledPork

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 18, 2005, 04:56:11 pm
what are the costs, pork? he gets to star for his home team. he gets the chance to be a legend. if he leaves, he will be hated for a long time. he will be playing for his high school coach, so he knows the system. he will start from the beginning.
maybe hated by you, but not by me.  He is a kid, not someone who is going to decide YOUR success in the future.  Then again what world experiences have you encounter from your high school class desk.  Get some world experience on letdowns and broken promises and see if your thinking changes a little.....

brooks74

Quote from: PulledPork on December 18, 2005, 05:12:40 pm
maybe hated by you, but not by me. He is a kid, not someone who is going to decide YOUR success in the future. Then again what world experiences have you encounter from your high school class desk. Get some world experience on letdowns and broken promises and see if your thinking changes a little.....

Karma for ya Pork.  How can you hate an 18 year old for going where he wants for college.  I remember when I decided to go away for college, I wanted to get away from home for awhile.  He is doing what most 18 year olds do, checking colleges out, and if he decides to go out of state or whatever, why hate him, Clemens.  This is a game!

pigfoot

Questioning his ethics, talking about his mother "shopping him around to every D-1 coach", and other referrences to his family that have been on other posts are not making us any points with Mitch.  And, if he decides to go somewhere else, I'm not going to hate him for even a second -- much less "for a long time".  Trying to shame him into coming to UA is insane.  Get a life.  And let Mitch get on with his. 
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Cajun Hog

Quote from: pigfoot on December 18, 2005, 05:26:53 pm
Questioning his ethics, talking about his mother "shopping him around to every D-1 coach", and other referrences to his family that have been on other posts are not making us any points with Mitch. And, if he decides to go somewhere else, I'm not going to hate him for even a second -- much less "for a long time". Trying to shame him into coming to UA is insane. Get a life. And let Mitch get on with his.

At this point I could care less.  If he come great and if not fine.  As Wilson Matthews said " No one kid is bigger then the program".  I think he's right.

razorback4life

Quote from: Creole Hog on December 18, 2005, 05:30:44 pm
Questioning his ethics, talking about his mother "shopping him around to every D-1 coach", and other referrences to his family that have been on other posts are not making us any points with Mitch. And, if he decides to go somewhere else, I'm not going to hate him for even a second -- much less "for a long time". Trying to shame him into coming to UA is insane. Get a life. And let Mitch get on with his.
As Wilson Matthews said " No one kid is bigger then the program".

That should apply to anyone that is associated to the program, but it doesn't.....Atleast not yet.

rockhog

I for one will be disappointed if MM doesnt go to the U of A,  but I will be happy when he commits somewhere.  The continuous day-tme soap opera of posts going on about one 18 yr old young man from springdale is getting very old!   No one person(18 yr young man from springdale)is greater than the razorback football program!

SardisHog

If he decommitted from us once what makes you think a new verbal to any school will mean anything? I hope Mr. Mustain becomes a hog but I fear we won't know for sure until signing day. If he goes somewhere else I will not boo him but you can't expect a Hog fan to support him.
Quote from: rockhog on December 18, 2005, 05:40:40 pm
I for one will be disappointed if MM doesnt go to the U of A, but I will be happy when he commits somewhere. The continuous day-tme soap opera of posts going on about one 18 yr old young man from springdale is getting very old! No one person(18 yr young man from springdale)is greater than the razorback football program!
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

clemensrules01

maybe hated by you, but not by me. He is a kid, not someone who is going to decide YOUR success in the future. Then again what world experiences have you encounter from your high school class desk. Get some world experience on letdowns and broken promises and see if your thinking changes a little.....
no, let me tell you about letdowns. my mother passed away from cancer when i was 6. my father left before i was born. me and my sister live with my aunt now. she has 3 other kids and i work from 5 to 8 every night on school nights. and from 10 to 5 on weekends. dont tell me i havent had any 'world experiences'.  luckily for me i work where they have internet access so i can tell you my thoughts during breaks.

dont you agree that most in the state will hate him? it isnt good, but it is true.

travelguy

Have we all forgotten that we have a great looking quarterback named Casey Dick and that with his improvements and the running backs returning, regardless of what MM does, we are going to have some outstanding seasons ahead.  I, for one, am in favor of focusing on Casey and just leave Mitch alone.  Quit trashing him, his family, etc.  For crying out loud, his is just a young pup and we are grown adults whining like a bunch of kids.

pigfoot

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 18, 2005, 06:33:09 pm
dont you agree that most in the state will hate him? it isnt good, but it is true.

No, I don't agree that most in the state will hate him -- at least, not any rational person.  Disappointment if he goes somewhere else??  You bet.  But hate?  You'll be in the minority, thank God.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

travelguy

When it is all said and done, it is only football, just a game.  Life is far to important and we tend to us football as a means to vent.  We take it far to personal. 

razorback4life

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on December 18, 2005, 07:56:46 pm
"Son, don't read message boards"

That is probably the single best piece of advice from a message board that I have seen posted for Mitch.

Jim Steele

You're Peyton Hillis' dad, right?  I think I've seen you post this before.  What of the rumors that your son is thinking of a transfer?

PulledPork

no, let me tell you about letdowns. my mother passed away from cancer when i was 6. my father left before i was born. me and my sister live with my aunt now. she has 3 other kids and i work from 5 to 8 every night on school nights. and from 10 to 5 on weekends. dont tell me i havent had any 'world experiences'. luckily for me i work where they have internet access so i can tell you my thoughts during breaks.

I won't apologize for my comments because they were not "attacks" per say.  I will say I am sorry that you have been through that much at such a young age, but that just makes we wonder all the more about committment and hating statements.......Are you saying that you never called in sick, when you weren't; not gone to school when you should have?  Not likely, but that could be considered as one breaking a committment to your boss or teachers/studies.
I just don't agree with someone posting "everyone will hate him" as a blanket opinion for the majority of Hog fans.  I think if you ask, the majority would say no!

hog caller

don't care about let downs and withdrawls, but when a mans word is no good then he isn't worth a dam 17-18 or 50

clemensrules01

Quote from: PulledPork on December 18, 2005, 09:03:16 pm
no, let me tell you about letdowns. my mother passed away from cancer when i was 6. my father left before i was born. me and my sister live with my aunt now. she has 3 other kids and i work from 5 to 8 every night on school nights. and from 10 to 5 on weekends. dont tell me i havent had any 'world experiences'. luckily for me i work where they have internet access so i can tell you my thoughts during breaks.

I won't apologize for my comments because they were not "attacks" per say. I will say I am sorry that you have been through that much at such a young age, but that just makes we wonder all the more about committment and hating statements.......Are you saying that you never called in sick, when you weren't; not gone to school when you should have? Not likely, but that could be considered as one breaking a committment to your boss or teachers/studies.
I just don't agree with someone posting "everyone will hate him" as a blanket opinion for the majority of Hog fans. I think if you ask, the majority would say no!
youre 100% correct. i overstated when i used the word "hate". maybe "cheer against him" was what i should have said.  i will cheer against him if he goes to another school and be dissapointed. i know it isnt right, but it is human nature.  hopefully i wont have to cheer against him cuz he'll sign with the hogs.

hogsno1

Well said and I will also not have ill feelings toward him if he chooses to go somewhere else, however I will hold Nutt accountable for letting the most prized recruit get away.

Kinghog1

I was at the Arkansas Basketball game last night in Little Rock watching the Hogs kick Rice's Butt. I saw Mc Fadden at the game and got a chance to talk to him. I asked him about the Mitch M crap and he didn't really say much about it but I could tell they really could care less if he comes to Arkansas or not. All Mc Fadden kept saying to me was Cassy D was their man and look forward to playing next year with Cassy running the team
Tough Titty said The Kitty but the milk is still good

Kinghog1

I will go as far to say this to..........Mitch can't beat out Cassy at QB if he wanted to
Tough Titty said The Kitty but the milk is still good

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

slaughts3

forget MM i want RM and KB

HogDodging

What would you advise him to do if you were his father?

I'd tell him to stay away from any program that has Houston Nutt as coach.

clew

Pure as the dawn

JJHog

THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE HE COMMITTED--I THINK YOU SHOULD STICK TO YOUR WORD---MAYBE THE UofA HASN'T....
" Think Right, Do Right"