Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We've got the power guys..coaches do read us and hear our complaints.

Started by Boarcephus, December 18, 2005, 09:17:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

I found these quotes in Bob Holts article this morning regarding Malzahn.  He goes into Markuson saying he's looking forward to working with Gus and has been puzzled  by rumors on the Internet that they have clashed over offensive philosophy.   "I've heard that Gus and I are fighting.  That's the biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever heard.  It's rediculous.  Gus brings a lot of good things to the table, and there are a lot good things we've been doing that he's going to see."

Nice to know some of our bitching is finding it's way up to those we're bitching about.   

Still not too hip on Nutt's quotes.  In the same article, he says "I'll work on the game plan during the week and if Gus leans on me in a game and asks me my opinion, I sure won't be shy.  I'll always have veto power.  But you've got to turn Gus loose, too."

I feel confident Gus will get tired of Nutt's interferring pretty quick. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 18, 2005, 09:17:07 am
I found these quotes in Bob Holts article this morning regarding Malzahn. He goes into Markuson saying he's looking forward to working with Gus and has been puzzled by rumors on the Internet that they have clashed over offensive philosophy. "I've heard that Gus and I are fighting. That's the biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever heard. It's rediculous. Gus brings a lot of good things to the table, and there are a lot good things we've been doing that he's going to see."

Nice to know some of our bitching is finding it's way up to those we're bitching about.

Still not too hip on Nutt's quotes. In the same article, he says "I'll work on the game plan during the week and if Gus leans on me in a game and asks me my opinion, I sure won't be shy. I'll always have veto power. But you've got to turn Gus loose, too."

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that the UA has someone who monitors message boards.

You expressed concern about HDN's quotes.   Doesn't what he described apply to the way most HC's operate? Don't most HC's have veto power?  Don't most HC's express their opinions when asked? I don't see anything there out of the ordinary.

sowmonella

I think HDN has been shown the light. I think Gus will be given free reins on the offense. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Boarcephus

Quote from: TulsaHawg on December 18, 2005, 09:23:16 am
You expressed concern about HDN's quotes. Doesn't what he described apply to the way most HC's operate? Don't most HC's have veto power? Don't most HC's express their opinions when asked? I don't see anything there out of the ordinary.

All very true except in this situation the HC was forced  into turning the playcalling over to someone else by his boss, not on own accord.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Thrilbilly

I guess the person monitoring the boards and talk shows make a report everyday outlining the highlights of what is being talked around!

JFB wants to know what are the Munchkins saying now!!!,,,lol

007 License To Squeal

I found these quotes in Bob Holts article this morning regarding Malzahn. He goes into Markuson saying he's looking forward to working with Gus and has been puzzled by rumors on the Internet that they have clashed over offensive philosophy. "I've heard that Gus and I are fighting. That's the biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever heard. It's rediculous. Gus brings a lot of good things to the table, and there are a lot good things we've been doing that he's going to see."

Still not too hip on Nutt's quotes. In the same article, he says "I'll work on the game plan during the week and if Gus leans on me in a game and asks me my opinion, I sure won't be shy. I'll always have veto power. But you've got to turn Gus loose, too."

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that the UA has someone who monitors message boards.

You expressed concern about HDN's quotes. Doesn't what he described apply to the way most HC's operate? Don't most HC's have veto power? Don't most HC's express their opinions when asked? I don't see anything there out of the ordinary.

You don't see that Nutt is still speaking out of both sides of his mouth?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on December 18, 2005, 09:50:50 am
I find the comment on T Jackson's draft status very interesting, and a little irritating. It seems another player was wasted.

Playcalling is way overrated.  ;)

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 18, 2005, 09:58:45 am
Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on December 18, 2005, 09:50:50 am
I find the comment on T Jackson's draft status very interesting, and a little irritating. It seems another player was wasted.

Playcalling is way overrated. ;)

Nutt has called a bunch of good plays - he said so himself! ;D ;D ;D

JD Hogg

Nutt's not like most head coaches.  For the team to be successful, he needs to leave Malzahn alone and be limited to doing the pre-game pep talk and the scalded chicken dance on the sideline during the game. ;)

Seriously, if nutt and markuson get their way, you will see what you've been seeing the last 5 years or so.  nutt coaches from fear, fear of mistakes, fear of losing.  It incapacitates him.  So, hopefully, he will be totally out of anything football related during the games.  Besides, you know it's eating nutt and markuson up inside that they no longer get to have control of the offense and have been replaced by a high school coach.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Nutt doesn't have any "veto" power. He's already been set straight on that.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Even when Nutt is trying to make people feel that Gus will be the man his arrogance still shows through.

"I'll work on the game plan during the week"  " I'll always have veto power". Nutt is a joke.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 18, 2005, 11:07:57 am
"I'll work on the game plan during the week" " I'll always have veto power". Nutt is a joke.

Sure gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling about how he truly feels about Gus' hire doesn't it?

TulsaHawg

Even when Nutt is trying to make people feel that Gus will be the man his arrogance still shows through.

"I'll work on the game plan during the week" " I'll always have veto power". Nutt is a joke.

Again HBH, HDN's postion is not different from most other HC's.  Most have input and veto power.  No big problem here.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on December 18, 2005, 11:17:02 am

Again HBH, HDN's postion is not different from most other HC's. Most have input and veto power. No big problem here.

You know you'd be better off not to post so people would just think you are dumb rather than put it out there and verify the notion.  Of course you don't have a problem with your hero's  having input. I sure hope you follow him where ever he goes, that will raise the level of our fans by a +1.

razor1

While the the U of A probably stays in tune with some boards, they do not have the ability to delete post that are not the same view as the moderators.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: razor1 on December 18, 2005, 11:22:21 am

While the the U of A probably stays in tune with some boards, they do not have the ability to delete post that are not the same view as the moderators.

If you think the moderators delete post that are not with their views you're an idiot.  I have posted many things on here that I know they don't agree with and it doesn't get taken down. You are way off base with that accusation.

hogbalz

I hope when it is 3rd and long Nutt does not try to pull the powers and ignore Gus decision. I'll always have veto scares me.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

justmakeit2thebcs

for all of those who bitched when I said MJ should have played WR for the Hogs...

""After all, other former Razorbacks quarterbacks, like Tarvaris Jackson, transferred to programs with offensive systems better suited to their skills. Jackson blew up at Alabama State and is now considered by some analysts as one of the top five quarterbacks in the next NFL draft."

so we had a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR on the team at then same time.....and Nutt f....ed it up.

razor1

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 18, 2005, 11:24:00 am

If you think the moderators delete post that are not with their views you're an idiot. I have posted many things on here that I know they don't agree with and it doesn't get taken down. You are way off base with that accusation.
As with a lot of your other post, if someone has a different opinion than yours, you resort to name calling... Nice job....

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: razor1 on December 18, 2005, 11:38:29 am

If you think the moderators delete post that are not with their views you're an idiot. I have posted many things on here that I know they don't agree with and it doesn't get taken down. You are way off base with that accusation.
As with a lot of your other post, if someone has a different opinion than yours, you resort to name calling... Nice job....

Didn't call you anything, but if the shoe fits I guess you have to wear it.  Again if you think moderators delete post that are not with their views then you are an idiot.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogbalz on December 18, 2005, 11:30:37 am
I'll always have veto scares me.

You, me, and several thousand other fans as well.   Had we not been witnesses to his horrific playcalling the last few years which led to JFB jamming Gus down his throat, a head coach having veto power wouldn't bother us that much. 

PulledPork

Again HBH, HDN's postion is not different from most other HC's. Most have input and veto power. No big problem here.
most have winning records against conference opponents too, or most wouldn't be head coaches......

razor1

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 18, 2005, 11:40:13 am

Didn't call you anything, but if the shoe fits I guess you have to wear it. Again if you think moderators delete post that are not with their views then you are an idiot.
very informative...

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: razor1 on December 18, 2005, 11:44:39 am
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 18, 2005, 11:40:13 am

Didn't call you anything, but if the shoe fits I guess you have to wear it. Again if you think moderators delete post that are not with their views then you are an idiot.
very informative...

Glad to give you something to think about, don't hurt yourself.

Thehammer

You don't have a problem with anything Nutt does.   He could be arrested for trying to buy a night with a hooker at a Topless Club -- and you'd bring up something like the guy at UTEP as rebuttal.   He could openly admit that he's a hopeless herion addict and a wife beater.  You'd still worship at his feet. 

You really are a lost cause. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

HBH, I am with Hogbalz, Nutt stating that he will ALWAYS (notice this key word) have veto power scares the hell out of me.  If it is not true that he will have that power, then for him to say it scares me in terms of the drama we may continue to see next year that could affect the games.

How was he set straight on the veto thing?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

kremlinhog

nutt hasnt got the power to veto jack crap-he is now little more than a toothless animal relying on real coaches to protect him. i doubt if nutt has veto power
over the gatorade boy

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I ran sound a few years back (I won't bore you with the details), and it was very common when I could here someone singing off-key or too loud, etc., to lower the mic on that person whenever they were having a bad night or were just terrible.  I would leave it in their monitors so they would still think they were on, but would turn them off in the "house" sound.

It would be funny if they could rig something like this for Nutt with his headset, where he thinks he is vetoing calls or knows what the play is but just run him on a diff. channel.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

DirkPiggler

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 18, 2005, 11:31:02 am
for all of those who bitched when I said MJ should have played WR for the Hogs...

""After all, other former Razorbacks quarterbacks, like Tarvaris Jackson, transferred to programs with offensive systems better suited to their skills. Jackson blew up at Alabama State and is now considered by some analysts as one of the top five quarterbacks in the next NFL draft."

so we had a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR on the team at then same time.....and Nutt f....ed it up.

No way can you say Nutt f'd up the situation with Jackson.  Tarvaris was not ready to be a starting QB when he was at Arkansas.  Nutt gave him more chances to play than he should have, given the results we saw when TJ did play.  He lined up behind the guard to take the snap against Kentucky, for God's sake.  Nutt tried his best to run someone, anyone  he could find at Matt so that he could get MJ to his more natural position of WR.   Had Tarvaris stayed around for another year or so he could've very well been the starting QB we've wanted.   He quit way too soon out of impatience and an over-inflated view of his own abilities at that time.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

A Boy Named Sue E.

Nutt went out of his way to make sure that every time he inserted TJ, we were backed up inside our own 10 yd. line or some other horrible situation. Nutt pushed all the wrong buttons with TJ, but did just enough that he could say in the press that he was giving TJ plenty of chances to succeed. I thought it was almost criminal what he did to TJ.

pikehog

Quote from: sowmonella on December 18, 2005, 09:24:20 am
I think HDN has been shown the light. I think Gus will be given free reins on the offense. :razorback:

Do you believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny as well?

DirkPiggler

Quote from: A Boy Named Sue E. on December 19, 2005, 12:44:21 pm
Nutt went out of his way to make sure that every time he inserted TJ, we were backed up inside our own 10 yd. line or some other horrible situation. Nutt pushed all the wrong buttons with TJ, but did just enough that he could say in the press that he was giving TJ plenty of chances to succeed. I thought it was almost criminal what he did to TJ.

If you thought HDN treated Jackson badly you were in the extreme minority at that time.  TJ got more series that season than he deserved, regardless of field position.  I seem to recall TJ going in on the third series of every game, usually the third series of every half, no matter the situation.  I'm pretty sure I remember one of those series against UK started around the 35 or 40. Remember he also made the outstanding handoff to Talley to end the first half against Auburn that year.  We didn't start that drive backed up inside the ten.

It wasn't his physical ability - that was never in question.  Like Robert Johnson, he lacked the composure to lead a team.  Lining up behind the left guard in the Kentucky game was not the only example of this.  We still don't know how TJ will perform under pressure, with 60,000 fans watching.  Alabama State is a far cry from the NFL or the SEC.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

A Boy Named Sue E.

DirkPiggler, lets keep an eye on RoJo. If Mitch doesn't come, I bet 'ol Gus can coach RoJo into a q.b. that'll give Casey Dick a run for his $. I believe Nutt just killed q.b.'s. I hear what you're saying about TJ's many opportunities, but if you go back and look at the situations he was put in, there were many that a good coach wouldn't have put a young q.b. in, whose confidence you're trying to develope.

PulledPork

Quote from: A Boy Named Sue E. on December 19, 2005, 05:01:20 pm
DirkPiggler, lets keep an eye on RoJo. If Mitch doesn't come, I bet 'ol Gus can coach RoJo into a q.b. that'll give Casey Dick a run for his $. I believe Nutt just killed q.b.'s. I hear what you're saying about TJ's many opportunities, but if you go back and look at the situations he was put in, there were many that a good coach wouldn't have put a young q.b. in, whose confidence you're trying to develope.
kind of like the equivalent of throwing David Carr into the fray at Houston and expecting him to brink a conference championship..........not gonna happen from your backside!