Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add John L. Smith to the long list of coaches

Started by Jim Harris, December 16, 2005, 02:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

That's the list of coaches who just KICK NUTT's ASS IN RECRUITING.

S Nehemiah Warrick committed to Michigan State. Joining WR Devin Thomas.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

TulsaHogFan

Nehemiah Warrick, is he the safety in ND we were going after?  Sorry been out of it the past few days.

Biggus Piggus

Warrick is from Bradenton, Florida, via a Kansas junior college.
[CENSORED]!

Tusks

I didn't think Warrick was that close to picking the Hogs.  West the dude from North Dakota is the guy that likes the Hogs and that would be a surprise if he went somewhere else.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Bomis Hawg

West and the kid from Evangel were the ones I thought were the ones Arkansas were likely to get?

HatfieldHog

Good Day there Gentleman:  This thread about HDN getting his "###" handed to him by Mich. St. out recruiting him is somewhat "understated."  Drop over to Scout.com and see just where our recruiting class ranks right now, based on our commitments.  As of this A.M. our class is ranked 60th.

I know that there is much excitment over the hiring of Gus Malzan, but the
real meltdown in Ark. Football is still in progress.   Sad Day!
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

JackJohnson

Quote from: drakehog on December 16, 2005, 02:40:55 pm

so i guess he can be added to this list of coaches who KILL us head to head for on recruits

Dennis Franchione
Mack Brown
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Charlie Weiss
Mark Richt
Les Miles
Mike Gundy
Mike Shula
Tommy Tuberville
Tommy Bowden
Phil Phulmer

Two things wrong with this

1- that is who we mostly recruit against
2- that is the level we are trying to get to

This leads us to our problem of not being able to beat teams with winning records bc they are taking our A list guys and beating us bc we have a bunch of lesser recruits on average ( b, c, d, and f plan recruits) that we beat out lesser schools head to head for.

It is hard to beat the best when you have the double whammy of lesser players AND a lesser coaching staff.

Jim Harris

Quote from: nutted on December 16, 2005, 03:54:38 pm
I didn't think Warrick was that close to picking the Hogs. West the dude from North Dakota is the guy that likes the Hogs and that would be a surprise if he went somewhere else.

He obviously wasn't that close to picking the Hogs and if we had an OBJECTIVE recruiting guru in this state instead of a few yahoos who do Nutt's bidding and buy their shtick hook, line and sinker, we'd have realized Warrick was a reach if we jumped past Tennessee and Michigan State for him. Instead, you get smoke blown up your ass about how we could land guys like this, all the friggin' time.

I know, I know, stop believing Odus. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogsno1

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 17, 2005, 10:46:10 am
Quote from: drakehog on December 16, 2005, 02:40:55 pm

so i guess he can be added to this list of coaches who KILL us head to head for on recruits

Dennis Franchione
Mack Brown
Bob Stoops
Urban Meyer
Charlie Weiss
Mark Richt
Les Miles
Mike Gundy
Mike Shula
Tommy Tuberville
Tommy Bowden
Phil Phulmer

Two things wrong with this

1- that is who we mostly recruit against
2- that is the level we are trying to get to

This leads us to our problem of not being able to beat teams with winning records bc they are taking our A list guys and beating us bc we have a bunch of lesser recruits on average ( b, c, d, and f plan recruits) that we beat out lesser schools head to head for.

It is hard to beat the best when you have the double whammy of lesser players AND a lesser coaching staff.

Very well said and sadly true.

hogsno1

They often tell us how we beat out the big name schools for recruits. When in reality what really happens is many of those schools withdraw a scholarship offer. We may be a 3rd choice for some players, and after their first 2 choices pull their offer that kid then picks us. But the recruiting guru's will never tell us that is what probably happens.

Porkahontas

Quote from: drakehog on December 18, 2005, 08:28:35 pm
He obviously wasn't that close to picking the Hogs and if we had an OBJECTIVE recruiting guru in this state instead of a few yahoos who do Nutt's bidding and buy their shtick hook, line and sinker, we'd have realized Warrick was a reach if we jumped past Tennessee and Michigan State for him. Instead, you get smoke blown up your ass about how we could land guys like this, all the friggin' time.

I know, I know, stop believing Odus. ;D

Hell, honestly, I'm shocked as darn that we haven't seen the "He was a plan B for us anyhow, Arkansas really didn't want him" card yet with this guy like we've already seen with a couple of the more recent commits to other schools over Arkansas.

I almost expect the guy to say "Mitch isn't that great, Arkansas pulled their offer" the day after Mitch commits elsewhere or signs away from Arkansas.

hoggystyle78

I agree Hatfield, hiring Gus is a positive step, however there are still a boat load of problems that can't be fixed until nutt is out of the program. Recruiting has gone to schitt and I'm sure there will be spin and excuses from nutt and his hired guns(the butt kissers in the media), but in 2-3 years when we're right back where we are now I'm sure dale will have jumped ship and left a friggin mess for some other coach to clean up. JMO
Quote from: HatfieldHog on December 17, 2005, 08:54:04 am
Good Day there Gentleman:  This thread about HDN getting his "###" handed to him by Mich. St. out recruiting him is somewhat "understated." Drop over to Scout.com and see just where our recruiting class ranks right now, based on our commitments.  As of this A.M. our class is ranked 60th.

I know that there is much excitment over the hiring of Gus Malzan, but the
real meltdown in Ark. Football is still in progress.   Sad Day!