Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D. Williams and Flordia

Started by hog4lifetime1979, December 13, 2005, 12:40:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog4lifetime1979

Looks like UF has a lot of wide receivers in this class not to mention all that they already have, I wonder how much playing time he will really get. It will most likely turn out to be like the QB that is transferring out now, he was promised playing time but when they put him in the games they would never let him prove himself. and from the looks of things the same thing is going to happen to MM if he goes anywhere else to play ball. most teams already have a QB or 2 committed.

Just would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on this. :razorback:

HighOnHogs

My thoughts are they should be Razorbacks until they go pro.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: hog4lifetime1979 on December 13, 2005, 12:40:31 pm
Looks like UF has a lot of wide receivers in this class not to mention all that they already have, I wonder how much playing time he will really get. It will most likely turn out to be like the QB that is transferring out now, he was promised playing time but when they put him in the games they would never let him prove himself. and from the looks of things the same thing is going to happen to MM if he goes anywhere else to play ball. most teams already have a QB or 2 committed.

Just would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on this. :razorback:

I've thought from the beginning that when you look at Florida and you see that they have commitments from FIVE wide receivers already, not to mention the fact that they're finalists for Percy Harvin, Vidal Hazelton and Ricky Dixon, it might be too crowded at that position and one or two would want to leave.  If they're coming down to the wire with commitments from 5, 6, or 7 WRs, Damien could "squirt out" and stay home.

That's wishful thinking, I know, but it's not unrealistic.  Apparently, though, he's a lifelong Gators fan and it'd be hard to pass up a scholarship when they can offer you pretty much anything you could want at a school, (great location, "glamour" name, chance at a Nat'l Championship, clear path to the NFL, etc.).  Basically, don't hold your breath.   :razorback:
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

hog4lifetime1979

Thats just it with so much other talent and depth at his postion does not leave a clear path to the NFL. What if some of the other wide receivers really outshine him and he never gets a chance to step on the field to play a down.

Ark Blitz

Quote from: hog4lifetime1979 on December 13, 2005, 01:14:35 pm
Thats just it with so much other talent and depth at his postion does not leave a clear path to the NFL. What if some of the other wide receivers really outshine him and he never gets a chance to step on the field to play a down.

If you are the best at your position then you don't have to worry about what recruits are coming. 

proffitthog

Here's to hoping they keep getting wide comits

swoopeshog

Quote from: hog4lifetime1979 on December 13, 2005, 01:14:35 pm

In my opinion...DW won't have this problem
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

Ark Blitz

What difference does it make on who comits?  If you are the best then it wouldn't matter.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Ark Blitz on December 13, 2005, 01:18:00 pm
If you are the best at your position then you don't have to worry about what recruits are coming.

That's true.  But, if we use Rivals as a reference, he's possibly going to be no better than the third best receiver in this class.  Plus, one guy that they already have a commitment from is just two spots behind Damien.

My point is: Damien's not head-and-shoulders better than any guy they're going to get.  He may get down there and never get a legit chance to play.  Even for a confident high schooler, that's got to be in the back of his mind. :razorback:
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

HogHillbilly

I think both of them would have a greater chance of playing here than they would anywhere else. Can you imagine Mustain taking the snaps, Monk on one end, Williams on the other, and McFadden and Hillis in the backfield...............Gus calling the plays..................Man O Man........Gives me goose bumps..............I hope that both of them are reading this.............Hey boys, think about what you can accomplish here ! It would mean something here. You would defenitly play here. If you go somewhere else, you take the chance on sitting on the bench for 4 years because of the competition................
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Ark Blitz

Competition makes you better.  A lot of these kids don't want it just handed to them.  If you are the best and people say your the best then you want to prove it.  Other programs like Miami, FL ST, USC and ND you have to prove you are the best every day in practice.  Thats what makes you better and thats why those programs are always putting it players in the NFL.

HogHillbilly

You can prove it on the field...................That's the kind of competition that makes you better. Practice is totally different than playing in a SEC game !

Ark Blitz

Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 13, 2005, 02:19:55 pm
You can prove it on the field...................That's the kind of competition that makes you better. Practice is totally different than playing in a SEC game !

Then why have these other big name programs have been putting players in the NFL and Ark only puts 1 or 2 in the draft every year?

Practice does make a difference because we lost to Vandy at home this year.  When you have a lot of talent on the team and you practice hard agaisnt each other then the games are easy.

HogHillbilly

You think practice is the reason we lost to Vandy this year ?  Nope.................Coaching lost the Vandy game this year............
We have the players to be great this next year, but will the Coaching allow this to happen..............I think it will now !

And as for the NFL players................Once again, the coaching was'nt there to produce those players. Practice is very important, your right. But it's not the reason we lost some of those games................

Buck Ocean

QuoteDW's dream is to go to Florida.  That's where he'll end up, unfortunately...

True.

Florida can recruit 4 5-star receivers every year because they include offensive packages that feature that many.

There is also special teams at Florida.  I hear that they actually put playmakers back there instead of fullbacks or offensive lineman.
Think like a Jedi

kremlinhog

i wouldnt be too concerned about williams playing time at florida, i would be concerned if were playing there now or were another wide reciever recruit

so is the argument come to arkansas cause we suck and you can play for a poor team.

i think willliams is already much better than monk 

Hoghead

I think he's a Great Talent. But at Florida he's gonna find DB's who can Cover and WR's who can flat out play. He might get lost in the shuffle, but lets hope not. He'd be a better Hog than a Gator. I saw him in the Evangel Game. He didn't have to do to much to get past those guys. He actually played like he had no excitment against Evangel. I'm gonna say this about D-Dub and just get it out the way. I don't mean this in a "BAD" way. But from what I saw from the Evangel Game he's not a every down type player. He's a light switch player. He turns it on and off when he wants to. Guys with great talent are like that sometimes. He's not a hustle player. He just doesn't have that Jordan/Bird killer instinct that every play counts. Just my observation from one game.

dude

December 13, 2005, 04:34:24 pm #18 Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:09:42 pm by dude
Did anyone else feel like they were slapped in the face at the championship game. When Williams and Cleveland did the Gator chomp after touchdowns. I just thought is was a little classless rub in our face!

Thank God they didn't sign with Texas! The sight of the Hookem Horns would have brought down the house.

money

Williams is the best player in the state of Arkansas bar none.  He will be playing in the NFL in a few years.

I have no affiliation with him or Springdale or NW Arkansas but I have seen the kid play several times. 

He has several components that go with big time football players.  He has enough size, good speed, great lateral quickness, and excellent hips.  He could be more of a star somewhere other than Florida because as mentioned they will have several good receivers and spread the ball around, but it will be a place he can enjoy, get noticed by the NFL, and have fun at.  Playing in the Swamp has to be a tremendous place to play for a Florida player.

Cntxhogs88

Mitch Mustain, have you forgotten about him??

money

Quote from: Cntxhogs88 on December 13, 2005, 09:28:12 pm
Mitch Mustain, have you forgotten about him??

No, I did not forget about him.  Mustain is very good but Williams, you will see in a few years, is the best player in Arkansas in this year's class and will be in the top 10 ever to come out of this state as far as football credentials when he is done.

clemensrules01

what are florida's chances with harvin? i hope they get him so damian might give us a second look.

Hoghead

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 13, 2005, 10:09:31 pm
what are florida's chances with harvin? i hope they get him so damian might give us a second look.

Unlike ARKANSAS, FLORIDA wants and recruites compition at positions. They want the best at every spot. THEY DONT PROMISE POSITIONS AT FLORIDA!!!!! They put the best on the field at all times. If you are lacking in picking up the system or not performing to potential you'll be replaced by someone.

Bomis Hawg

December 13, 2005, 11:32:23 pm #24 Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 11:40:24 pm by Bomis Hawg
Maryland has their First Team All-American Tight End (Mackey Award Finalist; not sure if he won) Vernon Davis as the #2 Kick Return guy behind WR Jo Jo Walker, FWIW.

PulledPork

Quote from: money on December 13, 2005, 08:39:11 pm
and excellent hips.
Be a man and quit talking about another man's hips.....that is just gross!  It's not like we want him to bear our children or something!

hogman64

uofajoe99

Substitute taught a 3rd grade class the other day and a kid had on a Springdale "No Mercy" t-shirt that most of the Springdale players had signed.....The only person who wrote anything below his name was Ben Cleveland who wrote "Da Gators" below his. Just was kinda weird to see......

hogman64

hopefully  "Da Gators" need a crowd director.......they are getting one.

uofajoe99

Just wish Mitch had signed "Da Razorbacks" real big on the kids back......

toshortrock

Williams will find the pine at florida,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Razorback53

Quote from: Ark Blitz on December 13, 2005, 01:29:40 pm
What difference does it make on who comits?  If you are the best then it wouldn't matter.

I have to Totally agree...and thats the way I see it with Mitch if he goes to ND too. I still want him to be a Hog tho

NCGatorBait

Meyer mentioned he wants to sign atleast 12 WR's this yr due to his 5 WR spread option offense..he wants to be two deep with the depth and injuries factored in as well.

Razorback53

Quote from: NCGatorBait on December 14, 2005, 07:38:39 pm
Meyer mentioned he wants to sign atleast 12 WR's this yr due to his 5 WR spread option offense..he wants to be two deep with the depth and injuries factored in as well.

theres no way even with the spread the most recievers you need are 9 tops because a lot of coaches use TE's or RB in the spread

Bomis Hawg

Look at Meyer's WRs in Utah and Bowling Green.  Yeah, you had your top two WRs.  But, they seem to be very deep numbers wise -- at stats.

Utah's coach now, name forgets me (Montgomery?) still used the same offense as Meyer did.  I think he helped install it.  He didn't have Alex Smith (But, Brian Johnson is a good athlete), but they spread the ball around.  Just what they do.

I expect Tate Casey to finally get some catches this coming year.  They'll get a lot of WRs to go with who they have, no doubt.  Will some of them want to wait it out?

hog4lifetime1979

There are 13 WR on UF roster now, another 4 committed that brings the total to 17 WR. Not very good odds to get a lot of playing time if you ask me. :razorback:

rricha

real gladiators don't run from competition

BigoBoys

Just saw a one hour show on Tebow.  He looks like the next M Vick.  Maybe he doesn't think that MM is as good. 

Since 1894

December 14, 2005, 09:44:39 pm #38 Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 09:57:01 pm by Since 1894
I don't think so!!! 

All of this is starting to sound like an Oliver Stone movie.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

dudemanhog

Dought? What the hell does that mean?

And as far as the conspiracy theory goes ... no.

hamsam

Quote from: dudemanhog on December 14, 2005, 09:47:17 pm

Dought!! I think that is what Homer Simpson says.  DOUGHT!!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

dudemanhog

Quote from: hamsam on December 14, 2005, 09:57:40 pm
Quote from: dudemanhog on December 14, 2005, 09:47:17 pm

Dought!! I think that is what Homer Simpson says. DOUGHT!!!

That's "Doh!" But close.