Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is not selfish

Started by astarXzone, December 12, 2005, 07:33:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

astarXzone

for us hog fans to want MM to come to ark.  When their are many individual people who make up a whole, and they all want the same thing (MM to come here), it is not selfish but for the good of the people.  The only one who can make this be a selfish thing , is Mitch himself if he does not come to ARK to play.  Then it can be declared selfish.   If we were to vote today, MM to come, MM not to come, it would be 100% for him to come.  This means we as hog fans all want the same thing and the only one standing in the way of 2,000,000 people being happy is MM himself.  So I am so tired of people on here saying that I and others who share my opinion are selfish.  NO, I speak for what the hog fans want , and what they want is for their home grown young man to stay home and represent us, his home state.  That is not selfish , but is for the good of the people of this state

Lanny

All hog fans want the top notch recruits just like fans from every other program.  It's not selfish it's being a fan.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tophawg19

everyone wants MM but if not we are in on 3 very good ones next year and casey dick has proven himself as a good player so our world doesn't hang on MM . i would like to have him now and Mallett or nathan dick next year then our QB future would look much better .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

mchogfan

Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 07:33:53 pm
for us hog fans to want MM to come to ark. When their are many individual people who make up a whole, and they all want the same thing (MM to come here), it is not selfish but for the good of the people. The only one who can make this be a selfish thing , is Mitch himself if he does not come to ARK to play. Then it can be declared selfish. If we were to vote today, MM to come, MM not to come, it would be 100% for him to come. This means we as hog fans all want the same thing and the only one standing in the way of 2,000,000 people being happy is MM himself. So I am so tired of people on here saying that I and others who share my opinion are selfish. NO, I speak for what the hog fans want , and what they want is for their home grown young man to stay home and represent us, his home state. That is not selfish , but is for the good of the people of this state

I don't think wanting him to stay is selfish at all.  I think that the selfish ones are the ones that have been "bashing" him.  That's selfish.
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

astarXzone

you have to be careful about what is bashing and what is not also.  Many feel like MM lied to them after going on statewide tv and committing to the hogs.  You cant blame a person for feeling like that.  IF MIke huckabee went on tv and said, we are giving everyone in the state of arkansas free health care for as long as they shall live and then 4 months later said, we have decided to drop the insurance deal and raise your taxes.  How do you think people would feel about MIke.  I think MM made his own bed to lay in by going on tv and getting everyone in this states hopes up for the future and then turn around and pull the rug out from under all the hog fans.  YOu cant blame anyone for being angry about that

razorback4life

Mitch made a non binding commitment on the premise that certain things were going to happen.  Things changed and so did Mitch's decision.  But REMEMBER, Mitch has not said he is going anywhere else.  Until he does, I will continue to believe that he will go to Arkansas.

astarXzone

what changed besides whitke?  are we to believe that mustain hung all his hopes on whitke?  I think he got caught in the lime light and we all know that the first ones forgotten are always the ones who love you the most.  In this case, the arkasas fans.  He will not be loved more if he goes somewhere else, they will use him, then discard him when he is of no more use.  Here he will always have a true home.

razorback4life

Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 08:23:36 pm
what changed besides whitke? are we to believe that mustain hung all his hopes on whitke? I think he got caught in the lime light and we all know that the first ones forgotten are always the ones who love you the most. In this case, the arkasas fans. He will not be loved more if he goes somewhere else, they will use him, then discard him when he is of no more use. Here he will always have a true home.

Wittke was the coach recruiting him the most and did you forget that Nutt told everyone that he was "going to open up the playbook" this year? 

astarXzone

he did open it up,   there was nothing in it....

razorback4life

pigfoot

I'm one of those many fans who hopes Mitch decides in favor of the Hogs.  But I have to disagree with the notion that it would be selfishness on his part if he chooses to go somewhere else.  If deciding what is best for him is being selfish, then I say he has a right to be selfish.  He's under no obligation to decide what's best for you or me or every other Razorback fan.  Where he winds up will surely have a great impact on his future.  Let's let him work it out and let's hope he decides his future is on the Hill. 
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann