Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn will make a huge difference next year.

Started by Lanny, December 12, 2005, 07:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

If anyone watched a Gus coached team, you know the excitement on offense is on the way.  Time to get behind Gus and look forward to next years football team.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SiriusHog™

CorningHog

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

pigfoot

I have a question.  I live out of state and haven't seen Malzahn's offense, but from what I've read he runs a spread offense.  My question is:  In his spread, is the QB usually in the shotgun or is he under center? 
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

hawgfan_18

so if we end up getting Mustain will he redshirt? since he already knows the system would it still be an advantage to redshirt him?

pigfoot

Thanks, Razrbk.  Then is it correct to say that most of MM's experience has been operating out of a shotgun formation?  I'm not trying to go anywhere with this.  I'm honestly just curious.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

dudemanhog

Quoteso if we end up getting Mustain will he redshirt? since he already knows the system would it still be an advantage to redshirt him?

My personal opinion is if Mustain comes to Arkansas, there will be no need to redshirt him. If he lives up to his expectations, he will without a doubt be the best QB on the cmapus. What would be the point to sit him out a year if he already knows the system? Why play Dick for one more year while Mustain sits out just to have Dick become his backup the next year?

The only reason I see in possibly redshirting him would be to let him get used to the difference of the speed and physicality of college football without putting all the pressure on him in his first year. If they feel he can handle it, he should be the starter.

Lanny

It makes sense that Mustain wouldn't redshirt. He should already know the offense from Malzahn.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tophawg19

the offense will change to adapt to mcfadden/jones . you baddly under rate casey dick . he did a great job against SEC defenses .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins