Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's recap

Started by StoneTemplePiglet, December 12, 2005, 04:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneTemplePiglet

We sucked in 2004 and 2005 because the NCAA investigation ruined recruiting from 2000 to 2003. Now we can't recruit, because we sucked in 2004 and 2005.

Where does the 2003 downward spiral play into all this? What about losing to Vandy and South Carolina at home this year? Last time I checked, we had as good or better players. We also should have won at South Carolina last year. that would have been back to back 6-5 seasons, 8 straight bowl games, and a better recruiting class on tap so far in 2005.

Nah. It's easier to blame everyone else BUT HDN and reside ourselves to the fact that we're poor little underpopulated arkansas that will never be able to compete with the big boys.

Hawgon

The only way to get out of a downward spiral is to break the cycle by hiring a new coach.

Just once I wish we would hire a "big name" instead of an "up and comer".  Someone that we could all be proud of just the fact that we hired them.  Someone that would automatically garner a bit of respect from other SEC schools.  Spend 2 million a year or whatever it takes.  The foundation could afford it.  In fact, a high profile coach could probably make us money just by being here in the first few years.  If donations are at a record high right now, imagine what they would be if we had a top quality big name coach that generated excitement and inspired confidence.  Imagine, what a Butch Davis would mean in increased donations.  Excitement about this team and program would be exploding right now.

Instead, we keep Nutt and no matter how excited we are about Malzahn and no matter how well we think he will do, we are having to defend his hire to around the country because hiring a high school coach as an OC is not something a big time program would do.   Can you imagine Florida State or U.S.C. or even Auburn doing something like that.  I can't.  We have the money, facilities, and fan support to be big time.  All we are lacking is leadership and attitude.