Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pushing hard for Ryan Mallett..

Started by SwineOnTheLine, December 12, 2005, 03:27:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwineOnTheLine

...if losing MM to bigger things is a reality,and i believe it is,we need to really really get on this Mallett kid.Ive seen him play and he has one of the biggest cannon arms i have EVER seen.He can bomb it down the field vertically with the best of them.I think its actually a situation where if we cant land Mitch(god forbid),Mallett and Kodi Burns are a real positive thing for us.If anyone gets a chance to see Mallett play,by all means..and he loves the Hogs too.

hogsanity

Same HS as MIke Cherry?  You know who got Mike to the NFL dont you?  I will give you a hint:  Most people on here do not like the guy and want him fired.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

corndo

Quote from: SwineOnTheLine on December 12, 2005, 03:27:37 pm
...if losing MM to bigger things is a reality,and i believe it is,we need to really really get on this Mallett kid.Ive seen him play and he has one of the biggest cannon arms i have EVER seen.He can bomb it down the field vertically with the best of them.I think its actually a situation where if we cant land Mitch(god forbid),Mallett and Kodi Burns are a real positive thing for us.If anyone gets a chance to see Mallett play,by all means..and he loves the Hogs too.

Did you forget about the  huge holes in the fence?

SwineOnTheLine

Quote from: corndo on December 12, 2005, 03:37:22 pm
Quote from: SwineOnTheLine on December 12, 2005, 03:27:37 pm

Did you forget about the huge holes in the fence?
no i didnt forget..Gus Malzahn is boarding them up as we speak.

dotnet

Quote from: hogsanity on December 12, 2005, 03:33:16 pm
Same HS as MIke Cherry? You know who got Mike to the NFL dont you? I will give you a hint: Most people on here do not like the guy and want him fired.

He said Mallet was from Texarkana, but no one said he is from the same high school as Mike Cherry.  Texarkana has four or five high schools.  Mallet plays on the Texas side, meaning better competition.

Jim Harris

Quote from: hogsanity on December 12, 2005, 03:33:16 pm
Same HS as MIke Cherry? You know who got Mike to the NFL dont you? I will give you a hint: Most people on here do not like the guy and want him fired.

You mean if Mike Cherry had not played for Houston Nutt, he wouldn't have gotten a shot to sit on the bench for an NFL team? interesting.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Shizzle

He plays at Texas High about 6"4 240 I think he is a big kid with a cannon I have read in the paper down there he likes the hogs.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Shizzle on December 12, 2005, 04:03:32 pm
He plays at Texas High about 6"4 240 I think he is a big kid with a cannon I have read in the paper down there he likes the hogs.
i think he is more like 6'6". he has the biggest hands in the nation, for what its worth.

Hawgon

Quote from: Shizzle on December 12, 2005, 04:03:32 pm

Mallet may like the hogs, but I know his coach doesn't like HDN.  Barry probably won't try and stear him anywhere else, but if the kid asks his input, HDN won't get a recommendation.  HDN has a reputation of being "not a sincere person" with the Texas High staff.  They should know since they have three kids playing for the hogs right now. 

DisplacedHogFan

Hopefully, we seal the deal with Mallett and Burns if Mustain doesn't come. I can't take another recruiting class with us striking out on another interested blue chip QB...

hawgjowls

his dad was my high school coach.  kid must take after his moms side of the family, she is really tall for a female and jim is a little on the short and heavy side, or was.

Hoot72

If I'm not mistaken, and I know I'm not, Mallet's dad is on the Texas High staff.  I don't know if that makes any difference about what they think about HDN.  But his dad used to coach at Lincoln.  If we don't get Mustain, I sure hope that we get Mallet.

Hawgon

December 12, 2005, 04:58:58 pm #13 Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 05:00:46 pm by Hawgon
Quote from: Hoot72 on December 12, 2005, 04:55:58 pm
If I'm not mistaken, and I know I'm not, Mallet's dad is on the Texas High staff. I don't know if that makes any difference about what they think about HDN. But his dad used to coach at Lincoln. If we don't get Mustain, I sure hope that we get Mallet.

His dad is, I believe.  I've heard that the family are actually friends with the Nutts.  I don't know about that, but I do know what some on the staff think about HDN.

doubleH

If Mallet is as interested as we think, and I have heard it from more than just the people on this board that he is, then this whole mitch debacle really won't be that bad with casey good enough to step in and do what needs to be done.

Hawgon

Quote from: doubleH on December 12, 2005, 05:00:12 pm
If Mallet is as interested as we think, and I have heard it from more than just the people on this board that he is, then this whole mitch debacle really won't be that bad with casey good enough to step in and do what needs to be done.

Mallet may be interested, but he is good enough that he is going to have lots of choices on where he wants to go.  If this year has taught us anything, it should be not to count our chickens before the eggs hatch.

AWHog

He's got lots of Arkansas connections. His dad's originally from Searcy, where his uncle was the former high school coach. His other uncle coaches in the jr. high ranks, maybe at Mt. Home now. His dad is coaching in Texas now. Only an eyesight problem kept his dad from being an outstanding high school QB. Strong football genes!

dotnet

Quote from: Hawgon on December 12, 2005, 04:58:58 pm
If I'm not mistaken, and I know I'm not, Mallet's dad is on the Texas High staff. I don't know if that makes any difference about what they think about HDN. But his dad used to coach at Lincoln. If we don't get Mustain, I sure hope that we get Mallet.

His dad is, I believe.  I've heard that the family are actually friends with the Nutts.  I don't know about that, but I do know what some on the staff think about HDN.

What do some on the staff think about HDN?  Is there a reason or is it just because they envy Mack Brown's junk?

SwineOnTheLine

Schools of Interest:
School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?
Arkansas Med Interest No   None   
Florida Med Interest No   None   
Miami (Fl) Med Interest No   None   
Michigan Med Interest No   None   
Nebraska Med Interest Yes   None   
Oklahoma Med Interest No   None   
Texas Med Interest No   None   
Texas A&M Med Interest No   None   

heres his list.We need to offer.

doubleH

I believe I read somewhere that Michigan has already offered also.

Central_Tiger04

It also says he goes to the Nutt Camp every year.

SwineOnTheLine

Quote from: Central_Tiger04 on December 12, 2005, 05:15:29 pm
It also says he goes to the Nutt Camp every year.
it also says...What about Arkansas as a school option for you?

"No. The have not talked to me. When I was at camp last summer they said they were interested and would offer me, but I haven't heard anything from them. They are not an option for me right now."

Hawgon

Quote from: dotnet on December 12, 2005, 05:09:11 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on December 12, 2005, 04:58:58 pm

His dad is, I believe. I've heard that the family are actually friends with the Nutts. I don't know about that, but I do know what some on the staff think about HDN.

What do some on the staff think about HDN? Is there a reason or is it just because they envy Mack Brown's junk?

My "not a sincere person" was almost a direct quote from one of them.  True they do love Mack Brown.  As it was explained to me, it is because Mack does all the little things right like remember names of players, coaches, coaches wives, kids, etc...  Mack Brown calls programs and coaches on occasions other than just when they have a kid he is interested in, and in general, is an old fashioned gentleman.  These are all things that HDN does not do and doesn't seem interested in doing.

Now true, Mack may be completely insincere and just a politician, but you have to play the game without making it look like you are just kissing ass and he does it well.  Considering that we haven't even had a recruiting coordinator this year, I don't find it hard to believe that Nutt doesn't do all the little things with recruits and coaches that make them think he is interested in them in any other way than to just get the kid on the Hill.

Central_Tiger04

Somebody needs to Hit Nutt with a Mallett

lumphog

Can you believe that ? Nutt CAN NOT recruit. He is killing this program. This kid grew up WANTING to be a hog and Nutt shows no intrest........UNBELIEVABLE

razorfreak

Im so Sick of Houston Nutt!  i cant even think of anything to say cause im so frustrated! i eat sleep and breath Razorback football. This whole season has truely made me lose some of the passion i use to have for the hogs!!! Ive been To Atalanta to watch them Shreveport, and Fayetville countless times fro a 23 year old college kid money doesnt come easy! I seriously hope u freakin nutt huggers are happy!!!

lumphog

Quote from: razorfreak on December 12, 2005, 05:35:09 pm
Im so Sick of Houston Nutt! i cant even think of anything to say cause im so frustrated! i eat sleep and breath Razorback football. This whole season has truely made me lose some of the passion i use to have for the hogs!!! Ive been To Atalanta to watch them Shreveport, and Fayetville countless times fro a 23 year old college kid money doesnt come easy! I seriously hope u freakin nutt huggers are happy!!!
Don`t take this the wrong way, but I feel sorry for you. I`m 44 yrs old and have been around for some great Razorback moments. I LOVE THE HOGS, but the last 10-15yrs have just SUCKED. I was in Wal-Mart today and a woman came over to look at the Razorback sweatshirts and her son walked up and said I DON`T want anything with Arkansas on it. It`s a DAMB SHAME that Frank has let this program fall to these depths. Weare a laughing stock and things WILL NOT get better for a long time. I can see that you are passionate about the HOGS, as I am, and I too hate Nutt. He HAS KILLED this program along with Lindsey and Frank. If they would have pulled the trigger on Nutt and hired BUTCH when they had the chance, We would be on the RISE NOW with a TOP 10 recruiting class. This program DOSE NOT want to win or care about the fans. It will not get better until Nutt and the whole crew are gone !!!!

txkhog

Same HS as MIke Cherry?  You know who got Mike to the NFL dont you?  I will give you a hint:  Most people on here do not like the guy and want him fired.>>>

Cherry went to  Arkansas High, Mallett is in Texas High. HDN did not get Cherry to the pro's. His being 6' 6", 235 and a gun for an arm got him a smell in the pro's.HDN had nothing to do with his genetics. You are right in one thing, HDN should be fired.