Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't think some people get it

Started by razorsharp94, December 12, 2005, 02:22:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharp94

Malzahn isn't going to bring anything "new" to college football what he will do though is bring something new to Arkansas called the forward pass.  I wasn't satisfied by the move, but I do think it is better than what we had.  The move was kind of like having a headache and hitting yourself in the head so much that you knock yourself out to remedy the head ache.  Gus IS the best coach in the state in my opinion.  I do believe that he will make a difference and I do believe that if this works out well he WILL be the next coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks. 

HawgLover08

Gus will bring good things this upcoming season. There is no way on this earth to have an offensive game plan worse than what we have now.

1st down- run
2nd down- run
3rd down- run/screen to Hillis
4th down- fail to get first down/punt

HogISH™

3 years from now when fb's contract is up nutt will be ad and gm will be hc... imho

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: HawgLover08 on December 12, 2005, 02:26:05 pm
Gus will bring good things this upcoming season. There is no way on this earth to have an offensive game plan worse than what we have now.

1st down- run
2nd down- run

Very true.  Anything is better than another season of that. 

HogISH™

1st down- run
2nd down- run

You forgot the timeout before the punt.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HawgLover08

haha I'm sorry....Timeout before punt.

WILL CLINTON

1st down- run
2nd down- run

That leaves to much to the imagination, are we running right or left?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogISH™

Quote from: dubyacee on December 12, 2005, 02:30:18 pm

1st down- run
2nd down- run
That leaves to much to the imagination, are we running right or left?

don't know as thier defense coordinator, he can tell you.

HogISH

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

proffitthog

I can see a Gus being the next head coach to, if about 20 different things work out just right.

EastexHawg

Gus has had a highly successful high school career...but the guy hasn't coached a single game at the college level, and people are already projecting him as the next head coach at Arkansas?

Wow.  Boundless optimism runs rampant.

razorsharp94

I dont' care what level the man has coached if you have ever watched him wherever he has been you can tell he has, pardon me if I use a Houston term but, special football mind.  I said it before he was ever hired he would one day be the head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks and I will stick by that statement and I would venture to say that when that happens we will be much better off for that.  He took a Springdale team in 2002 that wasn't nearly as talent as this one to the state finals and was an interception return for a touchdown away from winning the AAAAA state championship with a RUNNING offense.  The QB might as well have been a running back.  They threw some but it wasn't all that much and they used what they had.  That's what he does he adapts to the talent he has.  If we still had Robert Johnson at QB we wouldn't be trying to install a passing offense.  He knows the game.  You wait and see this is a good hire I don't care if he got off the Pop Warner fields this guy is a football genius.

brooks74

Do any of you really think there will be a seamless transition for Gus going from high school to D-1, SEC football?  I think Malzahn will succeed, and we are going to look back and be glad we hired him when we did.  Saying that, I am not dumb enough to believe that next year we are going to be USC on offense.  We have talent, and we have a better coaching situation.  I just think that it will take some time to gel.  Look at our defense this year.  Granted, we have more talent on offense, but IF we struggle offensively next year, the same people who are worshiping Gus Malzahn will be calling him the worst OC in history.

brooks74

BTW, if I am wrong on that last post, I will happily eat my words.

MJ2

I have to go back to some old Nolanisms.....

It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the do!

And

We don't prepare for the other team, we let them prepare for us!

I think both of these apply to a Gus team.

pikehog

SOme thoughts on Gus,

Gus is a great HS footbal coach, but he is great for one reason, he passes, most HS's do not pass and when you get a team that can pass they look as if they are heads and shoulders above the reast. He also had great talent, once in a lifetime HS talent.

That being said the SEC and the college game are a far cry from the HS games.

Gus will be like The Old Ball Coach, he thrived at one level but bombed at the next.

HDN should have never hired a HS coach as OC, he did it for one reason only, no big name would take the job b/c they all know HDN will still call the plays, GM might like that, but no other big name coach would stand for it.

Gus like Mitch must prove himself. To many fans think that Gus and Mitch will lead us to a National Championship, we must wait and see if they can deliver. After all how many "saviors" has this team had that simply feel flat on their face.

I am not ready to build a shrine to mitch and gus and HDN, they all have a lot to prove.......

nwarazfan

I think Pete Carroll and Joe Kines and John Chavis and Bo Pelini will have a few wrinkles waiting that Bentonville or Gentry didn't throw at Gus.  You will see us going back to the power running game much more than you are expecting next season.

hogman64

This is relief from Nutt ,so its good. Gus will  be an improvement as long as he never says a guy is playing QB because he is the best handeroffer...........That statement has to be in the top 10  goofiest statements ever made by a D1 head coach..............

silvertip

Quote from: nwarazfan on December 12, 2005, 04:39:33 pm
I think Pete Carroll and Joe Kines and John Chavis and Bo Pelini will have a few wrinkles waiting that Bentonville or Gentry didn't throw at Gus. You will see us going back to the power running game much more than you are expecting next season.

(1) What % of Gus's play's last year at Springdale were runs? NOT yards--PLAYS.

(2) What % of Hawg plays next year do you expect to be runs, once " we go back to the power running game" ?

(3) What % of Hawg plays this year were runs ?

I would assume this year's Hawg running game is what you mean by the "power running game?" IF you can't tell us the % of running play's at Springdale last year---then how can you say that Gus didn't have a power running game there ?

ballhog™

I bet no one save the staff at Springdale could give that %.  I bet there was more running than a lot realize.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.