Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

does 6 wins next year get

Started by HogISH™, December 12, 2005, 12:06:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogISH™

you invited to a bowl since this is the first year of the 12 reg game schedule or do you have to have a winning record (7-5)?

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Central_Tiger04

I think you should have to win 7 games to get into a bowl. 

Also make ND join the ACC or The Horrible Big East. :puke:

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cbjagman

With our schedule next year only 6 wins should get the HC fired! Then again, that should have happened this year but it didn't. Oh well................................

hogsanity

I beleive he was asking about College Fb overall, and 6 does make you elig.

As for the Hogs, if they dont win 8, fire them all. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogISH™

6-5 is bowl elg on traditional 11 game seasons because you must have a winning record to be elg.

i have searched but find nothing on the upcoming 12 game sched???

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

silvertip

Well, then hogish, I guess 6-6 is considered a "winning record" because there have been 12-game seasons before & the bowl-eligble requirement was 6 wins.

hoggystyle78

It will get us our usual pilgrimage to the lovely hamlet known as Shreveport, every young kid grows up dreaming about playing in that bowl.   NOT!

JDHogg

Quote from: silvertip on December 12, 2005, 12:40:55 pm
Well, then hogish, I guess 6-6 is considered a "winning record" because there have been 12-game seasons before & the bowl-eligble requirement was 6 wins.

Houston asked Clinton about this and they determined It's all based on what the meaning of "is" is.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

HogISH™

i beleive in bowls the definition of a winning record is MORE wins than losses ie 6-5.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

astarXzone

6 wins will send HDN looking for employment

proffitthog

six wins next year will not be good for mr. nutt.
but they will win more than six
they really need to 8-10 and look good doing it and i think all will be well

silvertip

Quote from: HogISH on December 12, 2005, 12:48:58 pm
i beleive in bowls the definition of a winning record is MORE wins than losses ie 6-5.

HogISH

How about some official source leading to your "belief?' I don't know, but I "believe" it's 6 wins.

silvertip

Well, hogish, a quick search on "google" found a USA Today article by Steve Wieberg which agrees that 6-6 would NOT qualify under present rules.

Wieberg says the present rule is "6 wins AND a better than .500 record."

The article states that a "rule exception" is being considered that will allow 6-6 teams to go bowling. The worry at the NCAA is that they may wind up with not enough eligible teams with the "better than .500 record" clause. Especially since there is talk of adding ANOTHER bowl.

I think we should add the "Prozac Losers Bowl" to allow a couple of 5-win teams to feel better about themselves.

HogISH™

silvertip, thanks for the work... that was what i was thinking but did a bad job of phrasing my question

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Boner

We're not going 6-6, and Nutt's not getting fired.  Keep dreaming you haters.

We're going 7-5 and he's getting an extension.

HogISH™

Quote from: Boner on December 12, 2005, 01:46:47 pm
We're not going 6-6, and Nutt's not getting fired. Keep dreaming you haters.

haters? which post did i say anything negative???

i had a simple question and silver answered it!!

numbnuts like you get on my thread waste everyones time.

HogISH

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

hawgfan_18

i gotta believe they'll change it to 7 because with 6 and the fact we're playing 12 games teams will be able to schedule atleast 4 pancakes. which would make going to a bowl a joke.

HogISH™

yea but i think you only get to play 12 games every 3 or 4 years...

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

hawgfan_18

and there wouldn't be enough bowls to go around for all the teams qualifying

hawgfan_18

o i thought it was gonna be every year now

HogISH™

no it is based on something like when there are 5 saturdays in oct or nov or some month which i beliive is about 3-4 years a parts. will try to lookup

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

HogISH™

From Ncaa.org

Eleven-game regular seasons have been the norm since 1970, but three years ago the Board approved a measure that allowed for a 12th regular-season game in years in which there are 14 Saturdays from the first permissible playing date through the last playing date in November.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

fire_hog

Quote from: Boner on December 12, 2005, 01:46:47 pm
We're not going 6-6, and Nutt's not getting fired. Keep dreaming you haters.

If we go 7-5 and Nutt still gets an extension, then the program is truly sunk to a even newer low. By that time, even the people cautiously optimistic right now will have found other things to do with their Saturdays. We're Ole Miss calibre now, that will basically put us in Rice's situation.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

HawgLover08

If we only win 6 next year, and HDN is not gone, I will kill myself.

silvertip

That will make your Saturdays really dull, dude