Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzz Williams looks like a hard@$$

Started by woo_pig_al, February 07, 2011, 09:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woo_pig_al

During halftime of the MU vs KU game, in between crying at the beauty of watching well-coached team, they had an all access pass on espn3 on a Marquette practice under coach buzz Williams. He was forceful with his players and focusing on FUNDAMENTALS! He would stop practice every 5 seconds if someone screwed something simple up to reinforce how important doing it right in practice. There was some definite yelling and bleeping going on. Someone floated his name in a thread earlier today and I gotta say, I don't hate it.

Porkatarian

Buzz has reached out to let some influential people know he'd be interested if our job were to come open.

Porkatarian out... 
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

PorkRyan

Buzz Williams would take this job in a second.  He is probably worst case scenario if we missed on Anderson or some other name coach.  Worst case scenario we end up with Buzz, who is 10x better than what we currently have.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Really??  Lets make a Deal 

Thanks for the info..  8)

SONofHAM

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Professor Pig

February 07, 2011, 09:35:25 pm #5 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:37:49 pm by Professor Pig
Not to mention, he has some quality recruiting experience in this area from his previous gigs in Louisiana and Texas. Recruiting experience = connections. Doesn't hurt...

Razorod

I have a friend who went to school at Marquette, he has told me on more than one occasion Marquette is a difficult place to recruit to because of the academic standards of the school, plus it's in the brutal Big East and not a big media darling like some of the other programs. I know they're having a tough year, but you look at the losses and you can see how difficult the schedule has been and how competitive they've been in those games.

I think he could do well in Hogland.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Smithian

I like Buzz Williams.

Problem is the second he struggles early Jump Ball would turn on him. Anyone but Mike Anderson and all of Jump Ball would turn on the coach in an instant if he struggled at all.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: Smithian on February 07, 2011, 09:46:33 pm
I like Buzz Williams.

Problem is the second he struggles early Jump Ball would turn on him. Anyone but Mike Anderson and all of Jump Ball would turn on the coach in an instant if he struggled at all.

only if they struggle for 3 and 4 years..  Good coaches get it bk together and find a way to win..   Struggling a year or 2 isn't gonna hurt my feelings..  Just look at UNC and Michigan St this year... They'll get bk on track..  It is just when you suck for 3 and 4 years and have no control of your team is only when most of us get ticked..

RockChalkJayhawk

Buzz Williams can coach his azz off.  He takes no prisoners, and the guy can flat-out teach the game. His kids play hard for him.  If he came here some heads might roll, but his approach is just what this situation needs.

SONofHAM

Heads rolling is what this program desperately needs!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Marshfieldhog

I like anderson but not stuck on him. I could deal with buzz williams, most will be better than the circus we have now

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: RockChalkJayhawk on February 07, 2011, 11:54:20 pm
Buzz Williams can coach his azz off.  He takes no prisoners, and the guy can flat-out teach the game. His kids play hard for him.  If he came here some heads might roll, but his approach is just what this situation needs.

If only...
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Pissed Pig

Quote from: Smithian on February 07, 2011, 09:46:33 pm
I like Buzz Williams.

Don't think Mike would be held to any different standard, lose and all bets are off.

BCShogs

Quote from: Porkatarian on February 07, 2011, 09:24:24 pm
Buzz has reached out to let some influential people know he'd be interested if our job were to come open.

Porkatarian out... 

And I'm sure they would be proud that you are revealing such information to an internet message board.