Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Felix Jones named to CFN All-American 1st team (kickoff returns)

Started by geoffhog, December 12, 2005, 10:35:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhog

"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

idochog

Quote from: geoffhog on December 12, 2005, 10:35:34 am
This isn't the freshman AA team, its THE All-American Team. Congrats Felix.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Features/All_America_SpecialTeams.htm

Do you think it might be a good idea to get him some practice at returning punts? 
I love Jesus!

HogISH™

congrats felix....

running, kickoff returns and punt returns should have 2000+ all purpose yards next year....

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

e_dub

Quote from: idochog on December 12, 2005, 10:37:13 am

Do you think it might be a good idea to get him some practice at returning punts?

No, Nutt has a special punt catcher for that.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: e_dub on December 12, 2005, 10:50:35 am

Don't you understand, he is just trying to revolutionize the game.  We are the FIRST to have a 240 lb punt catcher.  It just makes that position more "special"...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

geoffhog

There's no reason Felix can't be a Reggie Bush type player, returning kicks and punts, running the ball and catching passes. And no, I'm not saying Felix is like Reggie Bush, just that he should be used in that manner.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: dubyacee on December 12, 2005, 11:14:18 am

Don't you understand, he is just trying to revolutionize the game. We are the FIRST to have a 240 lb punt catcher. It just makes that position more "special"...

We have a new special teams coach now so I am very sure that will change.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

geoffhog

Quote from: dubyacee on December 12, 2005, 11:14:18 am

Don't you understand, he is just trying to revolutionize the game. We are the FIRST to have a 240 lb punt catcher. It just makes that position more "special"...
I hate to bring this up, because I agree that Felix should be returning punts, but its worth mentioning that Hillis was 4th in the SEC in punt returns. Thats not bad. Of course it just makes me wonder what Felix could have done...umm...nevermind.

Thunderhog Jr

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

WindyCityHog

I ain't one for all the negativity when GOOD news is around.....but it's a valid point to question why Hillis was EVER returning punts. 

Hillis is a very good player....multidimensional.  His versatility is perhaps what is costing him.  Here's hoping Coach Gus can utilize him the way he should be....the classic H-back.  Chris Cooley (of the Washington Redskins) is a good example.....and Hillis has much better potential than him.
A FB/TE hybrid....that's what will allow Hillis to play on Sundays.

As for Jones.....the guy has supreme talent.  Is it being too optimistic to think that McFadden/Jones can be the next Bush/White or Cadillac/Brown of college football?  I hope Nutt doesn't frig this up....

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 12, 2005, 11:32:14 am
I ain't one for all the negativity when GOOD news is around.....but it's a valid point to question why Hillis was EVER returning punts.

Hillis is a very good player....multidimensional. His versatility is perhaps what is costing him. Here's hoping Coach Gus can utilize him the way he should be....the classic H-back. Chris Cooley (of the Washington Redskins) is a good example.....and Hillis has much better potential than him.
A FB/TE hybrid....that's what will allow Hillis to play on Sundays.

As for Jones.....the guy has supreme talent. Is it being too optimistic to think that McFadden/Jones can be the next Bush/White or Cadillac/Brown of college football? I hope Nutt doesn't frig this up....

No I think they have the potential to be the best 1 - 2 combination We've seen in a long time.

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Bomis Hawg

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on December 12, 2005, 01:46:29 pm
I think Hillis averaged over 10 per return on punts. ;D

True.  He was something like 3rd or 4th in the SEC.....but let's face it.  Hillis doesn't have breakaway speed to be a true punt returner....I suppose it was his hands.

SpaHog

Hillis had 16 for 165 yards (10.3 average)

Not bad, but he also had 4 muffs 3 lost.
4/16= 25 % of the time

HawgLover08

Peyton Hillis is just a special player with great hands...which he displayed this year.  I thought Houston had PH back there because of his hands, then after the Georgia disaster, I figured he would stick Felix back there.  Of course he didn't that is why he is a terrible coach. Michael Coe, Peyton Hillis, Reggie Fish, and Felix once against LSU I believe.

Bomis Hawg

I completely agree, WCH.  I've wanted Felix Jones at PR all year.  I think he has to be our version of Reggie Bush.  Guy is good.

Fish has muffed one.

Let Felix play with there.