Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A MM question?

Started by WILL CLINTON, December 12, 2005, 09:47:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Wasn't there a quote a while back, before all this higgidy hoopla about him decommiting, when all the stuff about Nutt being fired first began, where his mom said he was firmly commited to Arkansas as long as the coaching staff didn't change?  The only reason i remember it is because all the huggers were saying that if we fired Nutt, then we would lose MM.  Obviously, the coach that mattered wasn't nutt, but wittke.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogsanity

The quote was along the lines of as long as things stay the same.  Everyone ASSUMED that meant that MM liked HDN and that there was a deal already done to bring in GM as Qb coach.  Witke, at the time, was rumored to either move up to some sort of assistant OC job, or be hired at some d1aa school as HC. 

As we see now the ASSUMPTIONS were wrong.  The coach MM was most concerned with was Witke. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

proffitthog

I dont think Mitchs concern is with Wittke, as it is with the pressure the fans are putting on him. Trying to live up to all the hype. I think things will settle down as time goes, Mitch will come to Arkansas and be a hero ala Matt Jones. I think his chances are just as good here as they are anywhere else. Talent is Talent.
Come on Mitch the Hogs are callin ya......
If you are like me I would walk on a Arkansas before i would take a scholarship somewhere else. Plus you would look good on my big tv. in hdtv of course. Plus theres no better ball year in year out than the SEC
GO HOGS