Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats Nutt..You are in the process of losing the top 6 recruits..

Started by Marshfieldhog, December 12, 2005, 09:37:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshfieldhog

..in the state of Arkansas.  Williams, Webb, Cleveland, LT Walker, Mustain, and now Van Stumon says he's 50/50 about going to Purdue or Arkansas. That's a nice fence we have working in our state, when you look at our new commits look at WHO offered scholly's, not who sent out some letters. That will give you the true idea of what kind of class we have. At the moment it looks really bad, however we do have a couple of months to turn it around.

llhog

Since the "cloud" is gone, I guess all those evil message board people will be the excuse this time.  Nutt is such a joke

RebelHawg

i hope that guy picks arkansas instead of perdue. We have a guy on the team that is a walk on who was at perdue for a year and he said that perdue was horrible...

hoggystyle78

How far in the crapper does recruiting have to go before dale is held accountable?, I think JFB and the BOT think that hiring Malzahn will be enough to hold the wolves at bay for 1 more year and that will probably be the case. We're gonna be in trouble if recruiting tanks this year, one or 2 years down the line it will make a perfect excuse for dale's next 2 year pass.

Big Papa Satan

All is well!  Malzhan will right the nearly sunk ship!  All is well! 

Sincerely,

Rick Shaeffer

geoffhog

You guys are claiming the sky is falling way too soon. We have 2 months to go and not you or me or anyone else knows how these things are going to play out. There has been a period of unstability the last few weeks that is over now. Lets see what happens the next few weeks. Tennessee, USC, Ohio St all have a similar number of commitments to us. Its just too soon to freak out.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Marshfieldhog

Tenn. and USC may have similar # of recruits committed but they are 4 and 5 star recruits that have scholly offers to the likes of UCLA, Alabama, Florida, Texas, and so on. Don't be fooled by the Otis Kirk's of  the world saying that this guys a sleeper, Arkansas is the only school that found him  ::)  . While there are some sleepers out there, the majority of your class can't be guys that have offers to UTEP, New Mexico, Tulsa, SMU, and so on. We are in the SEC, compete or get a new coach that can recruit 20 good prospects and only take maybe 5 "flyers" in the class, not the other way around.

corndo

You guys didn't hear that the cloud has decided to come back?

dotnet

Quote from: corndo on December 12, 2005, 10:28:47 am

There were rummors about a Thad Young scandal.  It's going to affect the next decade of recruiting for Nutt.

PiggyBack

Quote from: dotnet on December 12, 2005, 10:46:16 am
Quote from: corndo on December 12, 2005, 10:28:47 am

There were rummors about a Thad Young scandal. It's going to affect the next decade of recruiting for Nutt.

Are those rumors and rumors of?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

PiggoBitttys

Hiring Malzahn is fine, but he's not going to be able to teach the entire staff how to recruit, we don't even know how well he can recruit.

Like I've said before, there are way too many problems for even Malzahn to make a dent in with our program. Nutt is going to ruin recruiting this year, not firing him set our program back another step.

PiggyBack

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on December 12, 2005, 10:50:43 am
Hiring Malzahn is fine, but he's not going to be able to teach the entire staff how to recruit, we don't even know how well he can recruit.

Like I've said before, there are way too many problems for even Malzahn to make a dent in with our program. Nutt is going to ruin recruiting this year, not firing him set our program back another step.

According to Big Jim, firing Nutt would have set our program back.  Thanks JL.

PigKahuna

Well, just to be fair, I'm curious as to what else could be done with these players to get them to come to Arkansas?

PiggyBack

Quote from: PigKahuna on December 12, 2005, 10:58:27 am
Well, just to be fair, I'm curious as to what else could be done with these players to get them to come to Arkansas?

If we had a program of national significance.
If we had a coach with a tradition of winning.

geoffhog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 12, 2005, 10:26:47 am
Tenn. and USC may have similar # of recruits committed but they are 4 and 5 star recruits that have scholly offers to the likes of UCLA, Alabama, Florida, Texas, and so on. Don't be fooled by the Otis Kirk's of the world saying that this guys a sleeper, Arkansas is the only school that found him ::) . While there are some sleepers out there, the majority of your class can't be guys that have offers to UTEP, New Mexico, Tulsa, SMU, and so on. We are in the SEC, compete or get a new coach that can recruit 20 good prospects and only take maybe 5 "flyers" in the class, not the other way around.
Tenn and USC each have 1-5 star and 3-4-star commitments, according to rivals. I'm not saying thats where they will finish, just where they are now. I don't doubt both of those schools will finish ahead of us, my point is that its too soon to throw in the towel. Of course, I know that with the season over and the coaching situation settled that you guys are having to search for things to b!#@h about. Carry on.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

CiriusPorker

Quote from: geoffhog on December 12, 2005, 10:17:25 am
You guys are claiming the sky is falling way too soon. We have 2 months to go and not you or me or anyone else knows how these things are going to play out. There has been a period of unstability the last few weeks that is over now. Lets see what happens the next few weeks. Tennessee, USC, Ohio St all have a similar number of commitments to us. Its just too soon to freak out.

I agree, everyone around here is freaking out because Mitch confirmed that he probably isn't coming.  So WHAT!  It's his decision.  The end is not near.  We have good QBs on our squad as of now.  We're not losing them.  And give the sarcastic congratulations to Nutt a break.  Even I, a darksider, am tired of hearing it.

Tomhog™

How would firing Nutt set us back?  In recruiting?  It appears at this point to already be abymsal.  I still hold out hope for Stumon and Mustain since they haven't signed on the dotted line for anyone...

silvertip

Last I read on Stumon was that's it's always been a choice of Purdue or Hawgs. Was there any news today? My only concern was that Stumon said he would probably decide quickly after his visit to the Hill. Which I think was last Thursday.
Any news since?

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 12, 2005, 11:10:55 am

I agree, everyone around here is freaking out because Mitch confirmed that he probably isn't coming. So WHAT! It's his decision. The end is not near. We have good QBs on our squad as of now. We're not losing them. And give the sarcastic congratulations to Nutt a break. Even I, a darksider, am tired of hearing it.

Not to sound like Chicken Little, but:

It's possible, if not probable, that Robert Johnson and/or Mortensen will transfer before next spring.  Even if just one goes, that gives us two QBs on campus.  We've got to get a QB in this class.  As you might expect, the pickins' are pretty slim right now.  If we don't get Mustain, we're gonna have to get someone else.   :razorback:
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Hawgon

Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 12, 2005, 11:10:55 am

I agree, everyone around here is freaking out because Mitch confirmed that he probably isn't coming. So WHAT! It's his decision. The end is not near. We have good QBs on our squad as of now. We're not losing them. And give the sarcastic congratulations to Nutt a break. Even I, a darksider, am tired of hearing it.

Correction, we have one decent QB in Dick.  We are one injury away from being forced to go with Robert Johnson or Opie.  We know how good Johnson isn't, as for Opie, well... he was passed over so that we could pull the redshirt off of a true freshman with 4 games left to go.  That should say something.  Yes, the sky is very close to falling considering that Mustain probably isn't coming and we haven't recruited anyone else to take his place.  If Dick goes down, do you have any faith that Robert Johnson could run the Malzahn offense?

Hog Bounty Hunter

Carl Lazlo

If Malzahn has such a great offensive system, then why isn't any of his high school all stars wanting to play for him in college?  Looks like they would be jumping at the chance to play for their genious coach. I know Norman will be a Razorback,  but I don't think it has nothing to do with Malzahn.

TuckFexas

I think with the players we've got now, we can afford to have a poor recruiting class. if we can have a good season next year, we'll be alright with recruits. i mean, 18 freshman played this year. it would be great to get mm and stumon, but if not, not the end of the world. never hurts to set your expecations low, that way you don't disappoint yourself.....haha
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Hawgon

Quote from: TuckFexas on December 12, 2005, 04:42:58 pm
I think with the players we've got now, we can afford to have a poor recruiting class. if we can have a good season next year, we'll be alright with recruits. i mean, 18 freshman played this year. it would be great to get mm and stumon, but if not, not the end of the world. never hurts to set your expecations low, that way you don't disappoint yourself.....haha

Having to play 17 or 18 freshmen in 2008 or 2009 because this year's recruiting sucked so hard will mean that we are going to win 3 or 4 games in 2008 or 2009.  In today's game, you cannot afford to have a no-show in recruiting one year.  And after 8 years, there is no excuse.

pikehog

What are you smoking? Are you already dreaming up an excuse for why we will be horrible for yet another year. To be competivie you can't have any off years, let alone the 3 we have just had.....

PiggyBack

Quote from: pikehog on December 12, 2005, 04:46:40 pm

What are you smoking? Are you already dreaming up an excuse for why we will be horrible for yet another year. To be competivie you can't have any off years, let alone the 3 we have just had.....

Cloud's fault

TuckFexas

Quote from: pikehog on December 12, 2005, 04:46:40 pm

I'm smoking some optimism. The comment about not setting your expectations to high was sarcastic. My point is this: We have some good young players now who are going to be better next season. With the defense already having an understanding of Herring's scheme and Malzahn coming in, I think next season will be a helluva lot better than last season. With that, we will get better recruits. Just my opinion. I guess we'll see whose opinion is right after next year. For now, we can only speculate.

Famous quote.

TuckFexas

Ok, I'm still a Walk-On, my message is in between the two quotes above....my bad guys, no scholarship yet.
Famous quote.