Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will it take for Malzahn's 1st year to be a success?

Started by VoR, December 12, 2005, 01:24:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What criteria would make you feel Malzahn's 1st year as O.C. was successful?

9 wins
11 (35.5%)
10 or more wins
3 (9.7%)
Avg 200 yds. passing for year
5 (16.1%)
Avg over 250 yds. passing for year
3 (9.7%)
Avg over 400 yds total offense for year
3 (9.7%)
Offense avg 27 or more ppg
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 20, 2005, 01:24:44 am

VoR

What do you feel it will take to quiet the skeptics and those taking cheapshots at the Razorbacks for hiring a H.S. coach with no college experience directly to the rank of O.C.. All said, overall I'd say the consensus of opinion, even before Malzahn was named O.C. that with the returning talent that even with a seeing eye dog (or HDN returning) as O.C. that the Hogs should finish no worse then 8-5 including bowl game, so using that as a benchmark I couldn't see Malzahn being considered a success with 8 or less victories.

I went with avg 200 yds passing per game not that I feel 200 yds is that great, but that it's been that long since we last achieved it.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Lando Calrissian

Well, firstoff there won't be a single thing (short of a 12-0 season) that will shut some people up.

I really don't think you can place a "stat" on what will determine it a success or not though.

After what we've seen for the past years, the change will be noticeable.

I'm sure as a coaching staff they will make certain "statistical" goals, but I'm willing to bet the stats they will strive to meet are far different than the one's we as fans think are the most important.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

DOGALUM

One goal has already been met..........exciting the Razorback fans again.  Hopefully all the rest will fall in line.

I know a loss is a loss and a win is a win...and I'm not a "moral victory" guy.  But I think that if we come out of next season, whatever our record is, and can say that we think we played with every team on our schedule, and we feel like we've got a legitimate shot against anyone, then we've made progress.  Now that line of thinking won't get you past year two....but until Reggie and Gus can get at least 2 years worth of their recruits running their systems, we won't be able to see the full potency of our offense OR our defense. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

RebelliousHog

None of the above. There are too many things out of GMs control to predict ANYTHING. Let him get HIS personnel in place then resubmit the pole.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

silvertip

A balanced O. More yards gained passing than running. A run'pass play calling balance more like 55/45 than this years 63/37.

That's more like the kind of run/pass balance most winners have, year after year.

Once Gus gets the O balanced, the wins will come. Contrary to what many say, we do have the talent.

whatsshakinbacon

Mitch Mustain on the hill....now that is successful.

Bacon out...

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.