Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mustain Speaks....

Started by razorback_fan, December 12, 2005, 01:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsshakinbacon

I'm with hSv and Dogalum on this one - don't assume Mitch is gone because he "reopened" the recruiting process - Pressure from Weis has to be unbearable at this point, and in the end MM will realize that winning a national championship here will...yes I said will....mean everything in the world.

Guys, let's face it.  If MM and Weis don't sync up 100% and one of these other QB's is good MM runs a risk of riding the pine, wasting what we all know is first round talent.  If he comes to Arkansas he's showcased in a new offense that will rest largely on his shoulders.

Mitch - here's one fan who understands - you made a commitment, but so did Arkansas.  Our coaching changes represent a reneging on the commitment, so you have had every right to check out other possibilities.  I do encourage you to come back - you know what opportunities await you with Malzahn.

If you look at where we stood 8 months ago vs. where we stand now, and analyze it closely, you'll see that you are more set up for success here than you were then.  AND, that the Razorback fans will be rabid about a winning program again.  Four years from now I don't think you'll regret one bit that you became a Razorback. 

Bacon out...

PintailKiller

Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 01:20:25 am
A real man sticks with what he said he would do. those who arent men, dont know what they want to do

Where you the #1 QB recruit when you were 18?  Didn't think so.  Don't judge him until you've walked in his shoes and know ALL the facts.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

PintailKiller

Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 01:27:07 am
18 puts you in jail if you do something wrong doesnt it? He shouldnt make committments to a whole state if he cant stick it out. If he goes somewhere else, he falls in the traitor category, no way around it

Did you map out your life ahead at 18 and STICK with the ORIGINAL plan?  And as much as I want him to go to the UofA, if he feels that ND is a better decision for him, than so be it.  How can you hold that against him?  Do you haold it against kids that go to Harvard or Yale because they are smart?  ND has superior academics compared to the UofA. 
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: PintailKiller on December 12, 2005, 11:02:20 am
18 puts you in jail if you do something wrong doesnt it? He shouldnt make committments to a whole state if he cant stick it out. If he goes somewhere else, he falls in the traitor category, no way around it

Did you map out your life ahead at 18 and STICK with the ORIGINAL plan? And as much as I want him to go to the UofA, if he feels that ND is a better decision for him, than so be it. How can you hold that against him? Do you haold it against kids that go to Harvard or Yale because they are smart? ND has superior academics compared to the UofA.

The academics thing - I'm not too sure about that.  Fayetteville has some programs which rank up there with the rest of the universities.  And I'm not talking about poultry science either.

Bacon out...

hogattack21

Yall act like decommitting hasnt happened before, let the kid make the decision himself. Put yourself in his situation. i ahve a feeling he will sign with the hogs, but if he dont fine; its his life let him do what he wants with it. Remember when Al Jefferson decided to go to the NBA. We werent having near as big out a fit then although we were dissapointed. If Mitch doesnt come, Casey Dick will be just fine. If you dont think he doesnt know about this board you are wrong, we do not need him to get on here and having everyone running his name and decisions into the dirt. It may affect his perspective on us as Hog fans as a whole and thats not who we are or want him to think about us.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

Madgun

Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 01:20:25 am
A real man sticks with what he said he would do. those who arent men, dont know what they want to do

If Damien, Webb, or Cleveland decide to go to the U of A, are they not men?  Just curious if they'd be heroes in your eyes if they chose your team. 

TerryD

The situation with ND is that they are very happy with Zach Frazer (Rivals #6 dropback passer) and Demetrius Jones (Rivals #2 dual threat QB).
Mustain had a chance to commit in August before Jones announced his commitment, but did not.

Frazer is from Pennsylvania. Jones is from Chicago. Both are prime ND recruiting areas and places that Weis is trying to re-establish after Davie and Willingham largely ignored them for California, Texas and Florida.

Weis does not want to crap the bed by making high school coaches in Pennsylvania and Chicago mad at him and ND. He isn't going to go back on his word and lose those two guys, even for a talent like Mustain.

Most ND fans think that the Mustain rumors to ND are all a big smokescreen originating in Arkansas for Arkansas consumption. Not many think that there is much, if any, chance that Mitch is serious about ND right now.

Finally, ND has twenty five current announced commitments for this recruiting class. They are holding out for OL Sam Young, DT Gerald McCoy and DT Butch Lewis, since ND likely will admit three January enrollees for the first time in its history.

There may be no room in the inn even if Mustain seriously wants to come to ND.

It may be that Mustain ends up at Tennessee (Cutcliffe was recruiting him for ND) or with Steve Spurrier at USC.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: TerryD on December 12, 2005, 11:11:44 am
The situation with ND is that they are very happy with Zach Frazer (Rivals #6 dropback passer) and Demetrius Jones (Rivals #2 dual threat QB).
Mustain had a chance to commit in August before Jones announced his commitment, but did not.

Frazer is from Pennsylvania. Jones is from Chicago. Both are prime ND recruiting areas and places that Weis is trying to re-establish after Davie and Willingham largely ignored them for California, Texas and Florida.

Weis does not want to crap the bed by making high school coaches in Pennsylvania and Chicago mad at him and ND. He isn't going to go back on his word and lose those two guys, even for a talent like Mustain.

Most ND fans think that the Mustain rumors to ND are all a big smokescreen originating in Arkansas for Arkansas consumption. Not many think that there is much, if any, chance that Mitch is serious about ND right now.

Finally, ND has twenty five current announced commitments for this recruiting class. They are holding out for OL Sam Young, DT Gerald McCoy and DT Butch Lewis, since ND likely will admit three January enrollees for the first time in its history.

There may be no room in the inn even if Mustain seriously wants to come to ND.

It may be that Mustain ends up at Tennessee (Cutcliffe was recruiting him for ND) or with Steve Spurrier at USC.

The fans at ND on the message boards may not be serious...but Weis is. 

BUT, MM, look at the competition.  One bad practice and you're a second or third string QB there.  Not here.

Bacon out...

proffitthog

Folks, go with DOGALUM on this, he know's what he is talking about.

Hogeye_Pierce

Nobody yet has mentioned how USC (the Real one that is going for its third MNC in a row) plays into this. They are about to lose their star QB and MM seems like a very good fit for that system. They HAVE been in contact with him. I personally think THEY are the main competition for MM at this point.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

hawgbawb

Quote from: DOGALUM on December 12, 2005, 01:28:57 am
Yeah....but he was only 17 when he commited.

17 or 18 is young. It's natural to have second thoughts.  I like the analogy to getting married. I think he truly loves the Hogs, but he is wondering if he's getting married to soon, without exploring his options. He owes that to himself. He doesn't want to spend the next 4 years regretting that he did not investigate his options. It's a huge decision, and it's generally a good idea to explore options before making a huge decision.

He is a very hot commodity, even more so than he was when he committed. The fact that he is conducting due diligence just shows you that he's intelligent.  With every decision there are positives and negatives. If he truly loves the Hogs, as I bet he does, then I think he'll come around.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

hogerrific

Amen, Hogphan! Let this play out and we will know in February what happens. And all the complaining and whining in the world aren't gonna help things. I still  believe MM MAY come to Arkansas. That may be based on nothing but the fact he said he always wanted to be a Hog, but that's all I or the vast majority of you have...GHG and let's all hope for the best!  :razorback:

HOGKING

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on December 12, 2005, 11:40:30 am
Nobody yet has mentioned how USC (the Real one that is going for its third MNC in a row) plays into this. They are about to lose their star QB and MM seems like a very good fit for that system. They HAVE been in contact with him. I personally think THEY are the main competition for MM at this point.

USC has the top rated  Pro style QBs from the last two years John David Booty and Mark Sanchez

SwinerBock

Quote from: Hogger on December 12, 2005, 07:08:28 am
Did you all ever stop to think that this might be a ploy to keep the NCAA from raising any questions about his recruitment? Keeping his recruitment and Malzahn's hiring separate would be a BIG priority if I were Nutt and crew. Don't need another investigation or any sanctions.

Been watching XFiles reruns, haven't ya...

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: SwinerBock on December 12, 2005, 06:25:56 pm
Quote from: Hogger on December 12, 2005, 07:08:28 am
Did you all ever stop to think that this might be a ploy to keep the NCAA from raising any questions about his recruitment? Keeping his recruitment and Malzahn's hiring separate would be a BIG priority if I were Nutt and crew. Don't need another investigation or any sanctions.

Been watching XFiles reruns, haven't ya...

I knew it....Charlie Weis is an alien......

WATCH OUT FOR THE ANAL PROBES!

Bacon out...