Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go with a coach you know or one you don't...Gus or Urban?

Started by bville_hog, December 11, 2005, 11:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bville_hog

Here is a link to the story of the Fla qb who is transfering

In recruiting coaches are mostly going to tell you what you want to hear or what you "can be" or "can do" in their program.  Wouldn't you want to play for a coach who as already proven that he can utilize your talents and who you know that you can trust?  Looks like Urban told Portis a lot of things that never happened...

http://florida.scout.com/2/477227.html

arkhogball

And everyone was upset with Nutt when he pulled Dick's redshirt off at week seven!
We would have grilled Urban for the poor use of freshman talent.  Maybe fire him on the spot.

We would love to have that guy.  Tell gus to get on the plane now to FU.

hogsanity

Well, see, the problem with this is it makes too much sense.  Both your thread and the article you linked.  I am sure Meyer told Portis that the Utah spread would work in the SEC too, but I think he has found that isnt not going to be completely true either. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RebelliousHog

Quote2. A student-athlete may only transfer during the "summer": No more mid-semester transfers with eligibility starting up in mid school year. You transfer between school years or not at all. There should be a hardship application process for the waiver of this limitation, but you should not have kids playing for one school in December and then practicing with or playing for another in January.

All his points are valid. I disagree with this one personally. Transfering at semester makes more sense , to me, than waiting till the end of the year. A) it gets the kid out of the program and makes room for someone else to work into that spot. B) it lets the kids go to the new school and get worked into the spot in spring practice.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci