Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt needs to pick up some yards........

Started by uofajoe99, December 11, 2005, 11:32:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uofajoe99

Before the season I placed a wager online that Matt would lead all rookie WRs in yardage at the end of the season. Braylon Edwards was running away with the lead until he broke his leg last week, so Matt now has a chance. This is what the standings looked like going into this week.

1. B. Edwards CLE 512
2. C. Henry CIN 395 (15 today)
3. M. Jones JAC 338 (28 today)
4. R. Brown PHI 332
5. H. Miller PIT

I got really good odds on this bet, but more than anything just want Matt to prove all his naysayers wrong.

Lando Calrissian

We're now seeing why Matt *had* to play QB in college.

It doesn't matter how gifted you are at WR.  If the QB can't get it to you, whether by the QB's own lack of ability or the coach's inability to call a play which suits your unique athletic skills, then you might as well be the waterboy.

As far as the Jags go, I wouldn't say it's the coach staff, as they have done some specific things to get Matt the ball, and before Byron Leftwich went down, he was regularly looking in Jones' direction.

They've just had to shore things up to a Nutt style of offense, and we are all pretty well-versed in how that works.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

PulledPork

you might want to place a side bet on the Bengals rookie, Palmer is getting into quite a sync with his passing!