Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BUSH A FOUR STAR IN HS

Started by mbgrulz, December 11, 2005, 11:15:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

i was just browsing either a scout or rival.com site a while ago, and i found where reggie bush was a 4star coming out of highschool. i know a 4star is not exactly saying that he is a sub-par recruit, but there have been some pretty average 4stars in college. that should tell us something about the star rating system. i love to watch bush (although i hate USC) make defenses look like jerry's kids out there. i am gonna hate to see him go to houston this year. he will get hurt for sure with a line like that. who are some other guys out there that have proven the rating system wrong? i know that brewer was rated below olu famuworthless.

Michael11

I am not sure which one but one of the services had him a 5 star and the number one player in the country!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

TheSportsGuy

once in college, most players will develop their bodies with weights, training, ect.  you never know what players will evelove and become stars, except for about 3% of the rated "can't miss" prospects (except maybe ron powlus).  it's very fickle.  we almost won four games this years against teams that had "better" athletes this season.  I just don't buy into ratings too much.

Michael11

Rivals had him has a 5 star player number 1 running back and number 2 overall player in 2003 behing Ernie Sims
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

JackJohnson

insiders had him 4 star, #3 RB in the country, fwiw

JIHawg

Scottie Pippen was not a 4 or 5 star recruit out of high school.  I'll tell you that for darn sure.

USCNOKLAHOMA

I think Bush was a number 2 running back behind Demetrius Summers of SC on at least one site. Wonder which USC that worked out best for? :-\