Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is Ryan McBride?

Started by Hog in MO, December 11, 2005, 10:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog in MO

December 11, 2005, 10:21:38 pm Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 10:37:43 pm by Hog in MO
Read an article in the papaer today about him transferring in at the semester and being eligible next season.  Anybody have the low down on this guy? 

BvilleHog

JUCO player from Monterrey, CA.  6'6 shooter that was ineligible for the fall semester.  He will redshirt and then have 2 years to play.

He will supply the long range threat that can break a zone.

By the way, our ofense against zones has been a lot better this year.

Hognob

Our offense has been better against zone defense this year mainly because Ronnie's ability to shoot over it.  I would still like to see more movement and attacking with the pass and off the dribble.  But it's still better than last year's

Biggus Piggus

McBride was an unknown from a second-rate juco conference.  Heath signed him because he was pressed by his boss into doing something about the outside shooting.  Until very late last season Heath didn't even plan to add a shooter, other than McCurdy, who didn't play his senior year of high school.

At 6-6 McBride has marginal guard skills but isn't physical enough to play forward.  He was a decent outside shooter in that conference, who knows what he will be able to do against good competition.  Who knows about his defense either.  McBride will have a one-semester audition, and if he shows anything they will keep him.  If he doesn't don't expect to see him next year.  They were not interested in signing a juco who couldn't help this year. 
[CENSORED]!

Hog in MO

Bomis Hawg

Guess he wasn't planning on investing playing time for Cranford.

Lando Calrissian

This team's problems on offense run much deeper than simply signing a shooter.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.