Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Coaches and the Text Messaging..........

Started by RazorHawg16, December 11, 2005, 10:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

From what I understand, College coaches are constantly texting kids through out the day. It is only a matter of time before the NCAA does something about that. Lets have a discussion about this. I think it is interesting.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on December 11, 2005, 10:02:37 pm
From what I understand, College coaches are constantly texting kids through out the day. It is only a matter of time before the NCAA does something about that. Lets have a discussion about this. I think it is interesting.

What's your number?  I'll have HDN text my reply.

Bacon out...

RazorHawg16

One recruit had a 900.00 phone bill because of a coach

jebpe

Records are kept of these things, as I understand it.

If any allegation is serious enough, I assume these records could be subpoenaed.

PulledPork

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on December 11, 2005, 10:12:34 pm
One recruit had a 900.00 phone bill because of a coach
Dang, Focker!  Who is going to pay for that one?

chiefsfan

As long as Coaches contact recruits during the propper time...its legal   That wont change
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

RebelHawg

if it is legal at this time then its ok with me.

HogginIT

Just wait until next Year!© Official slogan of Razorback football.

probiotic

typical nutt text message:

"play 4 us plz, luv that helmet lol"

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: probiotic on December 12, 2005, 12:17:18 am
typical nutt text message:

"play 4 us plz, luv that helmet lol"

U R my hero - plz cum here - I luv ur bounce

Bacon out...

Bomis Hawg

Many coaches do it.  It's a way of talking to a player after a game or pick-up game without getting in trouble of being in the back.

Found that Stefan Welsh was being text-messaged the most by Stan Heath in some sort of AAU tournament, I think.  A lot of big school coaches were there.  Welsh thought it was a good gesture that Heath sent the most messages.  Helped land the kid.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.