Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Mortensen

Started by Hogwild07, December 11, 2005, 09:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild07

Does anyone know if this guy is going to transfer.  I dont see this guy ever playing and after this year i was quessing  he would transfer.  The other day Wally Hall noted that possibly one more QB on our time besides Barthel would transfer.....and I/m guessing he is talking about Mortensen. 

SwinerBock

Quote from: Hogwild07 on December 11, 2005, 09:03:33 pm
Does anyone know if this guy is going to transfer. I dont see this guy ever playing and after this year i was quessing he would transfer. The other day Wally Hall noted that possibly one more QB on our time besides Barthel would transfer.....and I/m guessing he is talking about Mortensen.

Thought I read or heard somewhere that both RJ and Alex said they were staying.

HaWg 10

Quote from: SwinerBock on December 11, 2005, 09:04:23 pm
Quote from: Hogwild07 on December 11, 2005, 09:03:33 pm
Does anyone know if this guy is going to transfer. I dont see this guy ever playing and after this year i was quessing he would transfer. The other day Wally Hall noted that possibly one more QB on our time besides Barthel would transfer.....and I/m guessing he is talking about Mortensen.

Thought I read or heard somewhere that both RJ and Alex said they were staying.

I read the same thing
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Boarcephus

Since Mustain is not in the fold, I hope they all stay.  If one leaves and MM heads to ND we go into next year with 2 qb's on the hill and that would be a disaster.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hog_fan

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 11, 2005, 09:20:05 pm
Since Mustain is not in the fold, I hope they all stay. If one leaves and MM heads to ND we go into next year with 2 qb's on the hill and that would be a disaster.

Mitch could still come here.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hog_fan on December 11, 2005, 09:33:37 pm
Mitch could still come here.

Absolutely.  He could also head elsewhere.   All he'd have to do is pick up a phone, call darn near any program in the country and they'd take him in a heartbeat. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Buff

MM comes, he redshirts. RJ leaves, AM moves to #2 in the charts.

MM goes somewhere else, RJ stays, AM still jumps past him on the charts.

astarXzone

you could always consider using Cedric Washington as QB.  that pass he threw against LSU on the trick play to hillis was pure baby.  hit him pretty much in stride and on the money.  Made me wonder when I saw it why CW has not been seriously looked at for QB.  I tell you, Nutt dont know his head from his arse and you can tell by where he uses guys on the field, unless its so obvious like McFadden and Jones.  OH, I forgot, it took us loosing to VANDY before he figured that one out!

Hogwild07

Washington was recruited as a 4 star dual threat Qb in high school.  I really wouldnt mind giving him a shot.  He could make a ton of plays on his feet and we could a similar offense as to what we ran with Jones.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogwild07 on December 12, 2005, 10:21:29 am
Washington was recruited as a 4 star dual threat Qb in high school. I really wouldnt mind giving him a shot. He could make a ton of plays on his feet and we could a similar offense as to what we ran with Jones.

CW said himself that he has had shoulder problems that have really only let him throw enough to keep the couple trick plays in practice, but he cant throw alot.  He sint that elusive, and he hasnt played QB in almost 5 yrs.  He would be the EMERGENCY guy if we go into next year with only 2 or 3 qbs
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RAZORBART

Quote from: Hogwild07 on December 12, 2005, 10:21:29 am
Washington was recruited as a 4 star dual threat Qb in high school. I really wouldnt mind giving him a shot. He could make a ton of plays on his feet and we could a similar offense as to what we ran with Jones.

They should look at him at outside linebacker and then ultimately move him to rush end and by then his last year of eligibility will be used up.There has been a huge number of players preceding him down that road.