Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHRIS BARNETT UPDATE

Started by SooiePigs, February 02, 2011, 11:23:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogfan#1 on February 02, 2011, 01:06:40 pm
Sounds like that station in NWA is real reliable.  They suck.

Is that the same station that announced Tubs or whoever was the new FB coach?

Wildhog

Let the prima donna freeze up there.  Let's go get Pickett.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Spider-Pig

The Arkansas media strikes again

Razorpigg

Bubba's Bruisers

Why am I not surprised with this particular kid?  The AR media tools make us look stupid again.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cashmoneyman_04

i am happy...rather have pickett anyway
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Hawgndaaz

Dudly saying on the radio right now that Peterson signing had a lot to do with it.

Hammibal Lecter

channel 5 screws the pooch pretty regular on "breaking" news...not a surprise.

GHG
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

OTTER

Quote from: OTTER on February 02, 2011, 01:01:21 pm
Welcome to the Hogs Chris :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
NEVER MIND!!!  Darn!!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

pigzwillrise

wow.  this insane

who reported incorrectly and why?

HUNGLOWHOG

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on February 02, 2011, 01:07:18 pm
What twitter account were all you people looking at that said he was coming to the hogs?  Was it RD?

Clint Alan
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 02, 2011, 01:10:42 pm
Dudly saying on the radio right now that Peterson signing had a lot to do with it.

Barnett= Scare
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Marshfieldhog

Enjoy the below zero temps and losing...both pretty common in the land of Michigan.

waynespur21

FU channel 5 news. WTG idiots.

MemphisBossHog

who is this Pickett some posters are saying to go get now?  Is he a quality player equal to Barnett or is he a step down?

nextlevel

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 02, 2011, 01:08:50 pm
Is that the same station that announced Tubs or whoever was the new FB coach?

NO. That was the station that sponsors this forum...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Tha Rocketman

This dude doesn't know what he wants.  OU - Arkansas - Michigan. 

Guess he doesn't like competition, at least Bobby and Co landed Peterson (one they really wanted as well).

cashmoneyman_04

Quote from: Corndog7 on February 02, 2011, 01:12:25 pm
Clint Alan
the same guy on here last night saying today was going to be exciting so get ready....i am not disappointed by this class and i would rather have pickett than barnett anyway...but what a joke
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Wild Bill Hog

If competition scares him, he doesn't belong in the SEC.

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: Corndog7 on February 02, 2011, 01:12:25 pm
Clint Alan

So for future reference....Clint Alan news is stricken?.....

bobcat ball

Barnett is as good as he will ever be

Peterson will only get better we got the better end of that deal
WOO PIG

pitbull1

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on February 02, 2011, 01:10:40 pm
i am happy...rather have pickett anyway
who is pickett? is he a TE or what does he play?  Is he highly regarded or is he one of those who we would beat out Tulsa or Arkansas State or Memphis for?  Man, it seems when we go head to head with top name programs, we lose out way more than we win. I cant say that about this years class because I havent studied it closely but at least thats the way it used to be.

FWF79

Quote from: Wildhog on February 02, 2011, 01:08:55 pm
Let the prima donna freeze up there.  Let's go get Pickett.
I agree with you. We should have dropped him when he started taking visits after committing. When he said he wouldn't sign on nsd, we should have moved on.

SooiePigs

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 02, 2011, 01:16:09 pm
who is pickett? is he a TE or what does he play?  Is he highly regarded or is he one of those who we would beat out Tulsa or Arkansas State or Memphis for?  Man, it seems when we go head to head with top name programs, we lose out way more than we win. I cant say that about this years class because I havent studied it closely but at least thats the way it used to be.

#10 APB according to rivals, VERY strong kid, also considering WVU and Clemson.  Pretty sure he'd play DB here but that's not confirmed.

DadVader1

With 4 high schools in 4 years (and one of them twice), CB just seemed too high risk for my tastes.  I'll be pleased if we land Pickett instead.   

HogsGoneWild

So did he put on a Hog hat then switch it or what, i leave for a min when twitter says he is ARK and then come back and he is UM.

beansandtaters

So...what is our TE depth for next season?

Gragg
Tate
Uekman
Hefley
Peterson

am I missing anyone?

EasyB

A 3* TE who cares?

Can't say I wish him any luck up there.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 02, 2011, 01:16:09 pm

Go check Quinta's offer list before you make this kind of statement.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: HogsGoneWild on February 02, 2011, 01:18:49 pm
So did he put on a Hog hat then switch it or what, i leave for a min when twitter says he is ARK and then come back and he is UM.

No apparently he just committed to Michigan and a lot of people bought an erroneous early report that it was Arkansas instead of verifying it first.  Us random joes only have the reputation of the people spreading it to go by, so that's what we went with.  Some reputations will be changing based on this, I guess.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

jgphillips3

Well, that sucks but Barnett wasn't likely to contribute next year anyway and who knows how he will be after rehab. We still have Gragg and company and can go get another receiving TE next year. Now I hope Pickett will pick us. We probably needed a CB more than a TE anyway. Great class regardless.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: nextlevel on February 02, 2011, 01:13:19 pm
NO. That was the station that sponsors this forum...

Okay, thanks.  Somebody oughta take a snowball right in the kisser over this Barnett fiasco.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: EasyB on February 02, 2011, 01:19:21 pm
A 3* TE who cares?

Can't say I wish him any luck up there.

He's a stud.. we wanted him.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

MemphisBossHog

February 02, 2011, 01:21:21 pm #187 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:24:46 pm by MemphisBossHog
Quote from: SooiePigs on February 02, 2011, 01:17:40 pm
#10 APB according to rivals, VERY strong kid, also considering WVU and Clemson.  Pretty sure he'd play DB here but that's not confirmed.
well Clemson is having a heck of a recruiting year so if they want him, that sounds good. I know thats not the way to look at it, but I want to beat out better programs than La Tech or Middle Tenn or Mem. I hope we get him. If he is a quality DB, man we sure need him.

**edit--just saw that Clemson never offered him and he hasnt visited. So its between us and West Virginia. Rivals had no national ranking for him so I dont know what that says but if he is a good quality DB, we need him. And we did get Peterson for the TE position. We just gotta keep digging and winning. Winning takes care of all of this

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 02, 2011, 01:21:21 pm
well Clemson is having a heck of a recruiting year so if they want him, that sounds good. I know thats not the way to look at it, but I want to beat out better programs than La Tech or Middle Tenn or Mem. I hope we get him. If he is a quality DB, man we sure need him.

I think WVU wants him as well.

passinghog

It is curious to wonder about someone being so wishy-washy who is coming off an ACL injury. You never know how a player will respond after that type of injury; every player is different. Lesson learned for the upcoming 2012 class..

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on February 02, 2011, 01:14:09 pm
the same guy on here last night saying today was going to be exciting so get ready....i am not disappointed by this class and i would rather have pickett than barnett anyway...but what a joke

I hope you weren't buying it last night.  Rookie mistake.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jacobp

Again, Clint never said that.  He said that people who thought the class wasn't done as it looked yesterday.  And it wasn't.  We got Peterson.

Clint Alan

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on February 02, 2011, 01:14:09 pm

Is there a problem?
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

McHogLovin

Clint Alan

Quote from: McHogLovin on February 02, 2011, 01:29:04 pm
Because if there is, you will be banned sir!

Not at all. I just want to clear the air.

dynastyhog

Who ever lands Pickett gets a good one.  Bashing Barnett is silly.  I wanted him, you wanted him, Petrino wanted him.  It's over now.  Let's focus on who we get, and not who we don't.   
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

Erockster20

Got 1....Lost 1.  Not really any surprises.  Was really hoping for something today.

McHogLovin

February 02, 2011, 01:32:57 pm #197 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:35:59 pm by McHogLovin
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 02, 2011, 01:20:57 pm
He's a stud.. we wanted him.

Kid has scored like 7 TD's in his HS career.  IDK about u guys but I like a player who can find the endzone.  If he can't get there in HS at any of his 18 schools, I don't think he would come and find a nose for the endzone all of a sudden.  I honestly think we lucked out with him going to Michigan.  We've already got some great blocking TE's, so you gonna have to do a little better than 7 td's for a career to impress me as a receiving TE.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Clint Alan on February 02, 2011, 01:30:51 pm
Not at all. I just want to clear the air.

My bad Clint, I like u and ur info.  Just thought you were pushing a fellow poster around a little.

SooiePigs

To be completely honest, I'm more excited that we held onto Gosha.  Under Petrino, our offense will ALWAYS be good.  But to land big time defensive plays excites me because defense hasn't been our strong suit in recent memory (excluding this year).