Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has the negativity decreased be cause Gus was hired or....

Started by hogsanity, December 11, 2005, 03:55:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

because everyone has pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that HDn WILL BE HC of the Hogs for at least the 2006 season?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

geoffhog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 11, 2005, 03:55:56 pm
because everyone has pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that HDn WILL BE HC of the Hogs for at least the 2006 season?
95% because of Gus.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

CiriusPorker

I think it's because we hired Gus...but the day after things were still getting negative.  I think people are getting really sick of complaining, and they're just getting tired of it. 

Also, with the Gus thing, it seems that the board isn't as busy...so i think a lot of the "negative" people are on a vacation right now.

geoffhog

Quote from: Jim Steele on December 11, 2005, 04:02:01 pm
Quote from: geoffhog on December 11, 2005, 03:57:03 pm

95% because of Gus.

Hardly. People have given up hope.
They must have done it overnight then, because the negativity dropped dramatically the day Gus was hired.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Jim Steele

Quote from: geoffhog on December 11, 2005, 04:21:27 pm
Quote from: Jim Steele on December 11, 2005, 04:02:01 pm
Quote from: geoffhog on December 11, 2005, 03:57:03 pm

95% because of Gus.

Hardly. People have given up hope.
They must have done it overnight then, because the negativity dropped dramatically the day Gus was hired.

Yeah, because that's the same day everyone realized Nutt wasn't leaving.

berryhog

I think maybe a combination of both.  It seems most people (myself included) just wanted to see a change in offensive philosophy AND OR Nutt gone.  I think Nutt can be a really successful HC if he just allow his assistants to do their jobs.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: berryhog on December 11, 2005, 04:35:22 pm
I think Nutt can be a really successful HC if he just allow his assistants to do their jobs.

That's the 1.5 million-dollar question.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Inigo Montoya

Hawgon

Most of are just tired and discouraged overall, even if we are slightly encouraged by the hiring of an offensive coordinator.

WilsonHog

My negativity has sort of taken another form. I no longer have any desire to talk about Razorback football, pro or con, and I don't know basketball well enough to intelligently talk about it.

I've committed to doing our bowl pickem, but when that is over I intend to make a concerted effort to find another way to spend my free time.

silvertip

I'm not negative at all, never have been. I positively think Hawg FB will be better off once Nutt is gone.

I've always thought anyone could do a better job as OC. So I'm feeling good about that.

I think a lot of folks like me are WAITING & watching. To see if, among other things, HDN can act like a normal head coach. By letting his coaches coach.

PorcineSublime

I would have to admit I am in the "both" camp. I was really hoping for the powers onthe hIll to go with a big name replacement and lets just start over. Instead they went out on a limb and took a shot that may pay off in spades. Or it could be the biggest mistake that JFB has made since 1997, but I at least give them credit for pushing HDN enough to make this happen. If they were hell bent on keeping him, this was the next best thing they could have done. It became obvious quickly that the big name OC's were avoiding us like the plague so why not take a chance on the next big thing. In a couple of years Frank will go out on top or he will be the most hated man in Arkansas. At least he gave some hope.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

If Malzahn can counteract the entrenched stupidity and back biting of Numb Nutts and the Murray State mafia, more power to him, but I'm not holding my breath. There's still a lot of dead weight on the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.