Previous topic - Next topic

What Should Robert Johnson Do?

Transfer
Stay as a Back-Up QB
Switch to WR-TE Position
Switch to Defense
Other

Squealers

I think he is an incredible athelete.  He should be successful no matter what he chooses to do.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

jabohog

I hope he stays and plays either WR or goes to defense, which ever he wants to do. He may elect to stay as a backup QB.

nwarazfan

What makes  you think he is such a fantastic athlete?  His ability to escape a pass rush and make a play or because he is...

hogman64

stay on scholorship, study hard, make good grades and go on to bigger and better things.............

Bomis Hawg

Robert Johnson was a good athlete in HS.  Doesn't change now.  He just can't get the QB skills down, poor QB-decision making.

If he can catch a lick, or give one, move him.  If not, he gets a free ride.

Squealers

December 11, 2005, 12:28:13 pm #5 Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 12:30:35 pm by HogWildFun
Quote from: nwarazfan on December 11, 2005, 12:22:20 pm
What makes you think he is such a fantastic athlete? His ability to escape a pass rush and make a play or because he is...

Hmmm, well there is the fact that he played against top ranked teams and although he didn't always light it up, he impressed me in the fact that he could play at a level that would place him as a TOP QB candidate in a smaller Div 1 school or in a Division II program.  Just because he did not set the house on fire as a QB with us, does not mean he can not be a great athlete.  I mean come on, are you serious?   

And what is the   "or because he is......." statement?      You have something to say, but don't have the guts to say it?  I think I know what you might be alluding to, and if I am correct, then you need therapy, or an education.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Smithian

Robert Johnson I think really was made to look worse than he really is by the playcalling. Our play calling obviously was flawed in the fact he completed almost every pass when booting after a fake. THough, for some reason, we never would fake to the RB after the first quarter.

On that fact, I think Casey Dick is the better QB and RoJo should not be starting, so I say give Robert Johnson as chance at WR.

Bomis Hawg

RJ's failure was part his and part Nutt's fault.  Yeah, the plays weren't vertical enough to see if he had it.  But, he doesn't have any touch on his passes.  For every 2-3 passes that were good, regardless of if they were caught, there were than many or more that were ugly.

I think Casey as a better overall arm.  He might not have the athletic ability that Johnson has, but he can make it up on a play or two if he is needed.

Red40

Quote from: Smithian on December 11, 2005, 12:33:38 pm
Robert Johnson I think really was made to look worse than he really is by the playcalling. Our play calling obviously was flawed in the fact he completed almost every pass when booting after a fake. THough, for some reason, we never would fake to the RB after the first quarter.

On that fact, I think Casey Dick is the better QB and RoJo should not be starting, so I say give Robert Johnson as chance at WR.

You love HNUTT but HATE FELIX?  What the F@#k is wrong with you?

nwarazfan

Playcalling was horrendous especially starting with the Bama game.  NO Qb would have succeeded including the one everyone is drooling over at SD High.  The appearance that qb play greatly improved late in the year was due to the competition.

Smithian

Quote from: Red40 on December 11, 2005, 12:36:29 pm

You love HNUTT but HATE FELIX? What the F@#k is wrong with you?

My friend put that there while I was getting a drink.

Check my old posts... I hate Nutt anbd talk well of Felix Jones.

Red40

Quote from: Smithian on December 11, 2005, 12:40:46 pm

Sorry, I caught that, and was like WHAT? 

Tuskhog

He needs to stay.  Malzahn needs as many to work with intially as possible.  With his experience, even bad experience is better than no experience at all, he'll compete effectively. 

Smithian

Quote from: Red40 on December 11, 2005, 12:42:04 pm
Quote from: Smithian on December 11, 2005, 12:40:46 pm

Sorry, I caught that, and was like WHAT?
I came back and saw the last sentence and was like, "Who the hell would put that? Freakin' Nutt hugger." Then I saw it was my friend's crap.

nwarazfan

He should get away from our cluster as quickly as possible if he hopes to have a college career.

Hawg414

Quote from: nwarazfan on December 11, 2005, 12:48:06 pm
He should get away from our cluster as quickly as possible if he hopes to have a college career.

your posts are always such a breath of fresh air...filled with such optimism and enthusiasm

nwarazfan

They are when there is something to be optimistic about.

CiriusPorker

I agree.  I know Robert personally, and the thing is, he became the scape goat from Nutt.  Thing is, even the haters bought into this ploy.  Robert played well at times, but poorly at others, thanks to play calling and poor execution by numerous players.

He's a great athlete, and i know his QB career is done....He needs to request to move to another position where his speed (4.4) is more useful.

nwarazfan

It became obvious Nutt wanted RJ to be a scapegoat by holding Casey out of the UGa game and their great defense and pass rush.  He held out Casey until the competition eased up.  RJ was running for his life against defenses like Bama and UGa.

Buck Ocean

PLEASE!!! dont shift Johnson anywhere!! If we would recruit like we actually know something, then we would be posed
with this question:

"why do we want to change him to ________? We already have enough________ and they are all playing well and it would be tough to knock one out of the lineup."

My gosh!! we already got 1 ex-qb at receiver, and he got caught from behind this year too!!

Brandon Holmes worked out at linebacker...but he didnt just dominate.

I dont want another "searching-for-a-position" guy at crucial spots (WR, LB)

I want position experience.
Think like a Jedi

HAWGTROT

A good friend of mine watched ROJO play in the TX Highschool all star game as a wide reciever. His impressions where that Araknsas was getting a game breaker type player. Then He heard they where going to play him at QB?

How many other good player do we have that are trying to play a different postion than what they exceled at in highschool?

wiseoldhog

This is what I am talking about hopefully everyone be in the right position before the season if a player has played WR in hs. Why not keep him their instead of trying to make him something he is not just like Hillis he will be a better FB too me.

Hog Bounty Hunter

He should go to the NFL, no way he is any worse than this GArrard guy for the Jags. Talk about sucking.

nwarazfan

He would get the same pass protection at Jax and inept offensive system as here.

hogattack21

Robert is 6'2, 212 and runs a 4.4. I think he would be a great WR. Possibly even a decent tight end.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

fieldturf

Do you think the Jags will draft him?   ???  Looks like he could complete with Gerrad.

Porky OLeary

should stay and see how he fares under a real coach.

akp4105

malzahn will find the best athletes ways to play on the field..

Hawg414

where did it come from that RJ suddenly runs a 4.4? 
ive never seen or heard this before all of this switching-positions talk came up.
i thought he was more in the 4.6 - 4.7 range. 

berryhog

Stay, get his degree, and play wherever the coaches feel he would best benefit the team.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogattack21 on December 11, 2005, 02:38:50 pm
Robert is 6'2, 212 and runs a 4.4. I think he would be a great WR. Possibly even a decent tight end.

That guy couldn't run a 4.4 off a cliff.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 11, 2005, 03:38:34 pm
Quote from: hogattack21 on December 11, 2005, 02:38:50 pm

Actually, Bounty he does run a 4.4.  He could have been a good option quarterback if he could also throw the ball, but he's not elusive as Matt was, but he was fast in a dead sprint. 

berryhog

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 11, 2005, 03:38:34 pm

Just because he didn't turn out to be a great QB doesn't mean he can't help the team elsewhere. 

hawgfan_18

gus might be able to do something with him. he may get better.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawg414 on December 11, 2005, 03:25:23 pm
ive never seen or heard this before all of this switching-positions talk came up.
Forty times are always exaggerated...always.  No way he has 4.4 speed...if thats the case, its no question...he oughta be a WR.  But, I'd say he's in the 4.6 range.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

wiseoldhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 11, 2005, 04:09:05 pm
Forty times are always exaggerated...always.  No way he has 4.4 speed...if thats the case, its no question...he oughta be a WR.  But, I'd say he's in the 4.6 range.
I can`t see him running faster than a LB.

Inigo Montoya

jabohog

December 11, 2005, 05:21:48 pm #37 Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 05:27:48 pm by jabohog
I would think you are right about the speed.

Squealers

Quote from: jabohog on December 11, 2005, 05:21:48 pm
I would think you are right about the speed.

Still fast enough for Div 1 WR or DB?

bigred7987

On Rivals it said he could play multiple positions and with 4.5 speed he can.  I think he gets moved

whatsshakinbacon

This guy said zilch when benched...at a time when college athletes bemoan toilet paper that's too rough.

I want him to find a place on the Razorback team where he can contribute - undoubtedly Malzahn and Herring will be talking about that in the coming weeks.

Bacon out...

idochog

I think Robert Johnson needs to be told to transfer.  As much as I hate to do that, college athletics is a tough business and we need to free up a scholie from either Mortenson or Johnson to put someone else on scholie that might help us.
I love Jesus!