Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Malzahn's 8 year coaching record as a head coach most impressive.

Started by PigPusher, December 10, 2005, 09:55:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

78-10-1 in 8 years.  Winning  87 percent of your games disregarding the tie is very impressive.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hogsno1

I had 2 nephews who played for Gus at Shiloh. He was 44-1 during the 3 years that my oldest nephew played. That only loss was to Barton in the 2A Finals. He was 26-1 over these last two years at Springdale.

fred ziffel

Quote from: PigPusher on December 10, 2005, 09:55:01 pm
78-10-1 in 8 years. Winning 87 percent of your games disregarding the tie is very impressive.

Very impressive indeed....looking forward to next year
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

PigPusher

If he truly will have the offensive power that we are being told the SEC is not going to like what they see next year.  No more Arkansas whipping boys.  Now they will have to earn their wins.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: PigPusher on December 11, 2005, 11:48:01 am
If he truly will have the offensive power that we are being told the SEC is not going to like what they see next year. No more Arkansas whipping boys. Now they will have to earn their wins.

Well, some had to "earn" their wins this year. See LSU and UGA as examples.

PigPusher

You are right Tulsa... I would bet they gave a collective shy of relief when they returned to their locker rooms.

Cure

Quote from: usarmyhogfan on December 11, 2005, 02:48:33 am
It is VERY impressive.Honored to say that one team that beat him was my Rison Wildcat's under Coach Clay Totty when GM coached Shiloh Christian in the 2000 AA Championship game!

I believe GM will go GREAT!
Haha...im from Rison...Totty's a great coach..GM did get his revenge last year in the All-star game...
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

PigMan

Quote from: Cure on December 11, 2005, 12:59:01 pm
Quote from: usarmyhogfan on December 11, 2005, 02:48:33 am
It is VERY impressive.Honored to say that one team that beat him was my Rison Wildcat's under Coach Clay Totty when GM coached Shiloh Christian in the 2000 AA Championship game!

I believe GM will go GREAT!
Haha...im from Rison...Totty's a great coach..GM did get his revenge last year in the All-star game...

I can well imagine y'all went sonic after that game.  Congratulations....

hogpilot

I'm from Rison as well.  That was truly one of the greatest games I've ever seen! 

I think that the Hogs are very fortunate to get Malzahn!

Bomis Hawg

Gus is a solid coach.  I hope to see his offensive in full-swing.  You have to think he is a very smart man not to get in a situation where he would not get to run his offense after being told he would, knowing he could take another coaching job.

With that said, not from Rison, but Totty was at my old HS (Star City).  Great guy.  Glad he had success at Rison.

HawgAlude

Yes -- He again is not the most impressive High School Footbal to ever have coached in Arkansas that belongs to Frank McClellan.......
http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va_custom/halloffame/coaches_f_m.cfm
8 state championships --

and I am going to say this now -- Nutt is very smart and if our High School Offense coordinator does not work out and we lose ballgames and do not make a bowl game. Quess who is going to lose their job? HDN will be there with a BIG smile on his face saying I told you so, and we have to put up with Nuttz for another year....

Hawg414

Quote from: HawgAlude on December 11, 2005, 02:06:22 pm
Yes -- He again is not the most impressive High School Footbal to ever have coached in Arkansas that belongs to Frank McClellan.......
http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va_custom/halloffame/coaches_f_m.cfm
8 state championships --

and I am going to say this now -- Nutt is very smart and if our High School Offense coordinator does not work out and we lose ballgames and do not make a bowl game. Quess who is going to lose their job? HDN will be there with a BIG smile on his face saying I told you so, and we have to put up with Nuttz for another year....

if malzahn ever gets fired, it will be years down the road... long after he has been given plenty of opportunity to prove his meddle and failed.  no chance whatsoever nutt gets to fire malzahn.  nutt will be fired by even mentioning firing malzahn.  and he knows it. 

hogsanity

Just remember what Lou Holtz said earlier this year.  He said everyone better get the Hogs this year because they are ready to start winning games again.  Lou knows JFb wont put up with losing.  JFB may not do what WE think needs to be done, but he will do SOMETHING he thinks will get the hogs winning again. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgAlude

Next year is the test by which the ultimate failure or success of the Razorback program will be judged..... If we don't go to a BOWL heads will ROLL......... ;D

GTOWNHOG

Nothing against Coach McClellan......He undoubtedly is the most successful coach in Arkansas AA classification.

However, I don't think you can talk about the most successful Arkansas high school coaches in history without recognizing Wilson Matthews as the absolute best Arkansas High School Coach of all time.  A legend......winning 2 more state championships than Coach McClellan in the state's highest football classification.

He is possibly one of the finest success stories in all of Arkansas prep history. At Little Rock Central, his teams won 10 state championships in 11 years and posted a remarkable record of 111-14-3, losing only three games to in state teams.
Also, an architect of today's Razorback football program.

Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on December 11, 2005, 08:53:08 pm
Nothing against Coach McClellan......He undoubtedly is the most successful coach in Arkansas AA classification.

However, I don't think you can talk about the most successful Arkansas high school coaches in history without recognizing Wilson Matthews as the absolute best Arkansas High School Coach of all time.  A legend......winning 2 more state championships than Coach McClellan in the state's highest football classification.

He is possibly one of the finest success stories in all of Arkansas prep history. At Little Rock Central, his teams won 10 state championships in 11 years and posted a remarkable record of 111-14-3, losing only three games to in state teams.
Also, an architect of today's Razorback football program.

Even as a Barton alum, it's hard to debate this one.  My only question is....what was the enrollment of LR Central during Wilson Matthews tenure compared to the other schools at that time, even in the largest classification?  Wasn't it nearly double the size of the other schools?  I know it was by far the largest.  There was a reason LR Central was dominant, but Wilson Matthews was only part of it.

That said,  Matthews was truly a great one.  He was also more successful on a college level than Frank McClellan ever would have been.  McClellan found his niche and was smart enough to stay there.

GTOWNHOG

It's true that Central was a large high school, but that brought special problems.  They could not get Arkansas high schools to play them.  They ended up playing some of the largest high schools in the region and routinely played the state champions of Missouri, Oklahoma, TN, etc.

I have no ties to LR Central.  In fact, I went to school at Earle, which was about the same size as Barton.  We did manage to go undefeated in Class "B" my senior year (Class of 1969.)

I have always been impressed with what LR Central accomplished in the mid to late 50's, especially considering all of the racial turmoil that they went through.

Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!