Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has there ever been a college team with two different Heisman winners?

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, December 10, 2005, 09:46:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

brooks74

I just heard on the radio that the Rose Bowl will be the first time two heisman winners will play on the same team.

Hawg414

Bomis Hawg

Most returning winners were their only heisman guy.  Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson were the only exeptions.  Bush won it, so that should be the only time for a while.

TerryD

December 10, 2005, 11:20:36 pm #4 Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 11:23:55 pm by TerryD
...I wonder if Angelo Bertelli and Johnny Lujack played on the same team at Notre Dame in the Forties?

Yep, I  just looked it up.  They both were on the 1943 Irish squad.  The radio guy maybe forgot to do his research?

PoconoHog

I think Army had two back in the early fifties...Doc Blanchard (sp?) and Glen Davis.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Jim Harris

Quote from: PoconoHog on December 10, 2005, 11:26:42 pm
I think Army had two back in the early fifties...Doc Blanchard (sp?) and Glen Davis.

that would be 45-46  but you're right about the team.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

msudawgs64

Army had Doc Blanchard and Glenn Davis in the 40's..

Blanchard won it as a junior in 1945, Davis as a senior in 1946 so both were on the same team both years.

Interesting note is that Davis finished 2nd in 1945 while Blanchard finished 4th in 1946.

Bertelli had already graduated when Lujack won it..Bertelli was a senior when he won it in 1943, Lujack won it in 1947
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

mossfan3

They might have been saying that this would be the first time that they have played in a game after they had both won the Heisman. 

msudawgs64

yeah, I could see that since those early Army teams did not go to bowl games thus after Davis won it that was it.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on December 10, 2005, 09:46:21 pm
I can't think of one. Texas is going to get killed by USC.

I agree.  Texas will have their asses handed to them.  USC wins by 21+ points.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

TerryD

Lujack graduated in 1947 and won the Heisman that year, but he was in the military during the war and missed time at ND.  Both he and Bertelli played on the 1943 Irish squad.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WILL CLINTON

Just think if Young comes back and wins it next year, then there will be 3 on the field next month. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

razorfreak

Texas will beat USC! Texas is doesnt match USC on Offense but they can score and they can score quick. USC's defense is not at all impressive. They play in a in the weakest power confernce in football besides the Big 12 and they gave up what like 40 something to Fresno Same amount or more to notre Dame. they are good very good but i feel like texas is a more complete team with a great defense.

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: razorfreak on December 12, 2005, 08:48:37 am
Texas will beat USC! Texas is doesnt match USC on Offense but they can score and they can score quick. USC's defense is not at all impressive. They play in a in the weakest power confernce in football besides the Big 12 and they gave up what like 40 something to Fresno Same amount or more to notre Dame. they are good very good but i feel like texas is a more complete team with a great defense.

They gave up 31 to ND.  They gave up 42 to Fresno.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogfankb

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.