Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give it up for Houston Dale

Started by illuzionz14, December 10, 2005, 02:28:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

illuzionz14

For all you haters who always seem to find something, anything to make Houston look bad.  I think he's really made a hugh step in getting this program back on track.  Once Mustain is on board and possibly another springdale wr besides norman signs, credit should be given to Houston Nutt.

fire_hog

In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

razorback107

illuzion boy,
read what i wrote to south ark pig.

South Ark Pig,
Tell me if you respect the fact that he has 7 recruits to this point and we're not even sure of that! he's even behind University of Houston.  Or the fact that he's 11-21 vs ranked opponents.  Or that he's 3-11 vs top ten teams.  Or the fact that he's the only coach in the SEC right now to have been beaten by every other team in the confrence.  Or the fact that he has a 2-17 record vs teams with winning records in the SEC since 2002.  One of those teams being a 6-5 Alabama program that was on suspension.  His 2-4 record in bowl games.  We beat a lackluster Texas team and a crappy Mizzou program that has never really gone anywhere.  Or maybe its just the fact that he never owns up to the loss...he's never made a bad call that cost us the game.  Or his poor clock management.  Or the draw play on 3rd and 15.  Or going for it on our side of the field in the 1st qtr.  And you wonder why you live in south arkansas?  this is just something to get people buzzing again.  Gus, give him the credit, he's great, but if this isn't for Mitch then why didn't we go after Oregon's OC after a 10-1 season or Fresno States?  He's doing to this as a last attempt to get Mitch and anyone else out of Springdale that could be swayed.  Nutt is walking on thin ice and he knows it.  Some of you are just too dumb to realize it and you've become so numb to having a crapshoot of a program that 7-5 8-4 or 9-3 is great.  Do yourself a favor and realize that we will never win a National Title in the SEC...especially under Nutt.  I mean, give or take a couple of teams and everyone in the SEC has only won one national title in the hundred years they've been apart of it!! get a clue people it's hard enough without Nutt...

B Ray

HDN has waited so long to make any decisions ,that he could actually hurt recruiting worse than the excuse of the investigations and if we lose MM .HDN may turn it around and pull 4-5 Springdale, but unless something changes we are going to be hurting in recruiting this year. We need several players at key positions, thank goodness we are set at RB and a good QB in Casey Dick, but we need MM and DW, I hope he can pull a rabbit out of his hat.

mad hog

We usually don't have to look very hard. HDN supplies plenty of ammo free of charge.
He has taken one step in righting the ship. Until something is done about pass blocking it isn't gonna matter one bit who we get out of the springdale players.
I hope the first time a D-lineman comes through untouched on a 4 man rush and flattens our QB that GM breaks a folding chair over Markuson's head.

I don't like it one bit that Nutt has managed to keep his job this year, but I could live with it as long as Markuson is shown the door. Hell if he doesn't want to fire his good buddy then make up a position to put him in off the field like he has done to protect the other coaches on his staff that shouldn't be coaching in the SEC.

When he does that then I will give him some credit!

razorback107

i will put my house up for sale if we get 4-5 springdale players.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: illuzionz14 on December 10, 2005, 02:28:43 pmcredit should be given to Houston Nutt.

Frick him with a crooked broomstick.

B Ray

Quote from: illuzionz14 on December 10, 2005, 02:28:43 pm
For all you haters who always seem to find something, anything to make Houston look bad. I think he's really made a hugh step in getting this program back on track. Once Mustain is on board and possibly another springdale wr besides norman signs, credit should be given to Houston Nutt.
Don't worry he has been given credit, check the last several years , he gets credit for those.

RBLtoHOG

Why should we gibe him credit for good things when he wont even take the blame for the bad things?
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Boarsnest

December 10, 2005, 03:03:05 pm #9 Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 03:05:43 pm by Boarsnest
These changes were made by JFB ( and I guess JL) not Nutt.  Nutt was told by JFB to handle them or hit the road!

illuzionz14

I'm going to continue supporting HDN until he gets fired.  I'm not trying to justify the bad things that we've been through.  I just saying I will support the U of A b/c I am a Razorback for life.   Yeah, there's a long list of problems but I'm just saying he took a significant step forward and should be given credit for moving in a positive direction.  You people who don't support the program today b/c of Nutt, if he gets this ship back on track, I hope you guys hold your stance b/c we don't need these type of bandwagon fans.

proffitthog

Golfer

Quote from: Boarsnest on December 10, 2005, 03:03:05 pm
These changes were made by JFB ( and I guess JL) not Nutt.  Nutt was told by JFB to handle them or hit the road!

And you know this HOW?????   Link? lol

hogman64

I support the program/ I think Nutt is a horrible D1 coach.........you can do both, see I am living proof.......
18 SEC wins in 5 years...........12 of those over horrible Miss, Miss ST and South Car. teams, 1 over a horrible KY team,
5 over the rest of the field..........the rest of the field being Alambama, Auburn, LSU.......1 of the 5 was a Matt Jones miracle.......I will give him credit when he produces just a semblance of  acceptable results.........

illuzionz14

6 bowls out of 8 years.  How many bowls did we go to with the previous coaches since we've been in the SEC?  What about the texas wins, missouri win, sec west championship.  I admit the program has been on the decline but HDN has had success also.  Lets play if.... what if we swap Les Miles 8 years ago, how many bowls do you think we would have went to?  I know there alot of people who will say we can do better w/ the right head coach.  What you guys realize is that we will never attract those type of coaches b/c Arkansas is not the most attractive college football job.  Get a great coach, he will have to work a miracle to win a national championship here w/ Arkansas.  Like I said, I just think we should give credit to HDN for hiring Gus and moving in a positive direction....and who knows maybe one day, this program will be able to move up and be able to complete nationally and recruit nationally. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: illuzionz14 on December 10, 2005, 03:40:59 pm
6 bowls out of 8 years. How many bowls did we go to with the previous coaches since we've been in the SEC? What about the texas wins, missouri win, sec west championship. I admit the program has been on the decline but HDN has had success also. Lets play if.... what if we swap Les Miles 8 years ago, how many bowls do you think we would have went to? I know there alot of people who will say we can do better w/ the right head coach. What you guys realize is that we will never attract those type of coaches b/c Arkansas is not the most attractive college football job. Get a great coach, he will have to work a miracle to win a national championship here w/ Arkansas. Like I said, I just think we should give credit to HDN for hiring Gus and moving in a positive direction....and who knows maybe one day, this program will be able to move up and be able to complete nationally and recruit nationally.

I swear to God, the Huggers are [CENSORED] idiots. 

Everything in the above post is tired, old; just mainly the same old excuses that have no merit, other than to be repeated by the sheep.

hogman64

one of the most meaningless statistics that can be quoted if you really care about having a decent program is how many bowls you go to............who cares when the bowl sucks.........how many top 25 finishes have we had.........thats where I would like to start....i want a program that competes for a top 25 finish year in and year out.........

007 License To Squeal

For all you haters who always seem to find something, anything to make Houston look bad. I think he's really made a hugh step in getting this program back on track. Once Mustain is on board and possibly another springdale wr besides norman signs, credit should be given to Houston Nutt.

Hahahahahahaha.....You can bet that Nutt was dragged kicking and screaming every inch......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

6 bowls out of 8 years. How many bowls did we go to with the previous coaches since we've been in the SEC? What about the texas wins, missouri win, sec west championship. I admit the program has been on the decline but HDN has had success also. Lets play if.... what if we swap Les Miles 8 years ago, how many bowls do you think we would have went to? I know there alot of people who will say we can do better w/ the right head coach. What you guys realize is that we will never attract those type of coaches b/c Arkansas is not the most attractive college football job. Get a great coach, he will have to work a miracle to win a national championship here w/ Arkansas. Like I said, I just think we should give credit to HDN for hiring Gus and moving in a positive direction....and who knows maybe one day, this program will be able to move up and be able to complete nationally and recruit nationally.

How many bowls are there?  Multiply that number by 2.........Are you happy with ranking no higher than that EVERY year?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 10, 2005, 03:47:19 pm

I swear to God, the Huggers are farging idiots. 

Everything in the above post is tired, old; just mainly the same old excuses that have no merit, other than to be repeated by the sheep.

Yep, and this time next year when ark is in a similar situation, the same drivel.........over and over again

there is no fixin' this ship

arkrzrbacks

Wake up and quit reading the media guide.. You notice thy don't put the results of the bowls in there because it looks bad. They make it look like we win a lot of home games because they had the wins from Little Rock. Which they stack them up because they now only schedulegive me games at home like Louisana Monroe, Memphis, and any other small school they can find.
    I love the Razorbacks but it seems that many of you are happy with being average.. I guess its a freud thing....

and you forgot to add the Moral Victory Bowl that we lost

bigred7987

only because he had to....i still want him gone

Boarsnest

December 10, 2005, 05:33:10 pm #22 Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:42:20 pm by Boarsnest
Golfer, I won't give you the gentleman's names, but both played on the O line under JFB at the same time. They didn't support Nutt's hiring in the first place so they have been on the phone the last week a lot with foundation members which some were their teammates and coaches during the time they played. They have also been it contact with members of the BOT and  folks in the A department. Both are donors and supporters of the program. I contacted one of them with my concerns hoping it would help and this was what I was told. JFB left things for HDN to be taken care of and contacts to be made,  HDN didn't carry through on any of them, JFB returned home and got the ball rolling. I am told that HDN had 2 choices hire an OC or resign. David Bazzel on 103,7 the buzz also stated the part about JFB had left a short list of people to contact and HDN hadn't called any of them and that JFB was pissed. That's all I can tell you without giving names. 

I think Frank is trying his best to honor his two year promise, but next year from what I was told it is sink or swim for HDN.

HogFansReunited

LOL....that is crazy.  Nutt makes one good desision all year and you jump right back on his side.  Nutt will still be calling the plays and we will go 6-6 next year.  Wait and see.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hawgon

What do I have to give up?  And do you promise he will leave if I give it up?

HogFansReunited

I will give it up for him too but only if he leaves.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

illuzionz14

I'm not trying to defend Nutt or the state of the program.  Some of you guys expectations are way overboard.   Get yo head out your ass and wake up from your dreamland.  Even w/ Butch Davis, this program will be at best what Nutt did during his first couple of years.   You guys think Butch equals total turnaround.  What a joke.  When are you bandwagon fans gonna realize we are  never getting a high caliber coach like Butch.     

RazorWire

Obviously you know shitte about football or politics.

illuzionz14

Obviously you think you know everything there is to know

Steve Moody

Cudo's Illuzionz14. Your waisting your time though. Your dealing with nay sayers, and idiots here however. Case in point...........every last one of these people pissed, and moaned about a OC, and most of them named Gus as their man with the plan. Now however those same ones are also the ones griping about "hiring a coach straight out of high school". Oh, and lets not forget the "Gus wont come here and work with Nutt......the only way Gus will come here is to fire Nutt, and hire Butch"  ..........LOL well now that that has been shut down I can just here it now....."Oh well Gus came here to pave the way for Butch" Yeah and the moon is made of cheese and the sun is made out of gold. Fact is Nutt is here, and will be here. My opinion is it is about time he hired a OC, and Gus will make a great fit here. As far as this board though lol you will never get the "Chicken Littles" to see the bright future coming nor will you dazle them with the real facts, and real numbers because in their heads they are all "important to the program", and or "have sources , or freinds close to those in the know", and of course the burger flippers know way more than someone who actually works for the UA. Anyway Illuzionz14 welcome to the board man, and little bit of advice for you......If you support the program in any way here be prepared to be called a Nutt Hugger, idiot, moron, ill informed, dumbass, or whatever else these guys can come up with to bash you as best they can to try, and shut you up because we just cant have support for the program, ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo that just cant happen here lol. Go Hogs......... Nice hire HDN. Next year is going to be great...............10 - 2 at worst.

silvertip

Illusioned one & Mr Moody, I'm going to try to give you both some good advice.
There are hundreds of people on this site who have fought hard for years to force HDN to give up the OC duties. People like me who have been suppoerters of the Hawgs for over 40 years. We are now proud to have forced your hero to cave in or be fired. You're fools if you think most of us are the ones bashing Gus. He was our choice & his rookie collge coach status does not bother us one bit.

So you WILL get bashed alot when you say that we can't criticize the HC & support the program. You WILL get bashed a lot when you expect people to give HDN credit for hiring Gus when we know he fought it every step of the way. Now he might have wanted Gus to be one of his flunkies but Gus as OC is NOT what he wanted.

You WILL get bashed when you trot out the lame "6 bowl game" BS. Do it once or twice & you will be told why that is so lame. If you persist after that, you will just be marking yourself as foolish.

I'm not even threatening that I'm gonna do the bashing. I can sit back & watch.
It is what it is.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: razorback107 on December 10, 2005, 02:39:29 pm
illuzion boy,
read what i wrote to south ark pig.

South Ark Pig,
Tell me if you respect the fact that he has 7 recruits to this point and we're not even sure of that! he's even behind University of Houston. Or the fact that he's 11-21 vs ranked opponents. Or that he's 3-11 vs top ten teams. Or the fact that he's the only coach in the SEC right now to have been beaten by every other team in the confrence. Or the fact that he has a 2-17 record vs teams with winning records in the SEC since 2002. One of those teams being a 6-5 Alabama program that was on suspension. His 2-4 record in bowl games. We beat a lackluster Texas team and a crappy Mizzou program that has never really gone anywhere. Or maybe its just the fact that he never owns up to the loss...he's never made a bad call that cost us the game. Or his poor clock management. Or the draw play on 3rd and 15. Or going for it on our side of the field in the 1st qtr. And you wonder why you live in south arkansas? this is just something to get people buzzing again. Gus, give him the credit, he's great, but if this isn't for Mitch then why didn't we go after Oregon's OC after a 10-1 season or Fresno States? He's doing to this as a last attempt to get Mitch and anyone else out of Springdale that could be swayed. Nutt is walking on thin ice and he knows it. Some of you are just too dumb to realize it and you've become so numb to having a crapshoot of a program that 7-5 8-4 or 9-3 is great. Do yourself a favor and realize that we will never win a National Title in the SEC...especially under Nutt. I mean, give or take a couple of teams and everyone in the SEC has only won one national title in the hundred years they've been apart of it!! get a clue people it's hard enough without Nutt...

Move to Texas!

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Boarsnest on December 10, 2005, 03:03:05 pm

How do you guys know all of this stuff!  Wow!  What inside information!

whatsshakinbacon

Hard for me to give credit to any coach that has changes forced upon him because he's so inept. 

Bacon out...

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: illuzionz14 on December 10, 2005, 03:09:45 pm
I'm going to continue supporting HDN until he gets fired. I'm not trying to justify the bad things that we've been through. I just saying I will support the U of A b/c I am a Razorback for life. Yeah, there's a long list of problems but I'm just saying he took a significant step forward and should be given credit for moving in a positive direction. You people who don't support the program today b/c of Nutt, if he gets this ship back on track, I hope you guys hold your stance b/c we don't need these type of bandwagon fans.

I am in agreement with you on that one!

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Steve Moody on December 10, 2005, 09:06:07 pm
Cudo's Illuzionz14. Your waisting your time though. Your dealing with nay sayers, and idiots here however. Case in point...........every last one of these people pissed, and moaned about a OC, and most of them named Gus as their man with the plan. Now however those same ones are also the ones griping about "hiring a coach straight out of high school". Oh, and lets not forget the "Gus wont come here and work with Nutt......the only way Gus will come here is to fire Nutt, and hire Butch" ..........LOL well now that that has been shut down I can just here it now....."Oh well Gus came here to pave the way for Butch" Yeah and the moon is made of cheese and the sun is made out of gold. Fact is Nutt is here, and will be here. My opinion is it is about time he hired a OC, and Gus will make a great fit here. As far as this board though lol you will never get the "Chicken Littles" to see the bright future coming nor will you dazle them with the real facts, and real numbers because in their heads they are all "important to the program", and or "have sources , or freinds close to those in the know", and of course the burger flippers know way more than someone who actually works for the UA. Anyway Illuzionz14 welcome to the board man, and little bit of advice for you......If you support the program in any way here be prepared to be called a Nutt Hugger, idiot, moron, ill informed, dumbass, or whatever else these guys can come up with to bash you as best they can to try, and shut you up because we just cant have support for the program, ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo that just cant happen here lol. Go Hogs......... Nice hire HDN. Next year is going to be great...............10 - 2 at worst.

Best post I have seen since I joined hogville!  It is one of the first post I have seen that has even a semblence of true razorback spirit!  Good job! Go Hogs!

mrchog

Quote from: arkrzrbacks on December 10, 2005, 04:17:07 pm

Wake up and quit reading the media guide.. You notice thy don't put the results of the bowls in there because it looks bad. They make it look like we win a lot of home games because they had the wins from Little Rock. Which they stack them up because they now only schedulegive me games at home like Louisana Monroe, Memphis, and any other small school they can find.
    I love the Razorbacks but it seems that many of you are happy with being average.. I guess its a freud thing....

and you forgot to add the Moral Victory Bowl that we lost

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

SaltPork

I appreciate your opinion but my opinion is that Malzhan will greatly improve the offense, Herring will continue to improve the defense, and Nutt will take his millions for a job he doesn't have a clue how to do.

Broyles hired Nutt because no optimal prospect would work for him. Nutt hired Malzahn because he was turned down by every one he went after.

I think parents are going to be much more reluctant to let their kids sign with Nutt because of the way he wastes talent. (check the interview with Cole Barthel). There are a lot of disappointed kids on the hill right now.

I think Nutt should be fired and most of the assistants be kept. From what Barthel said, Wittke may have been an offensive genius but Nutt overruled every idea he had. (Why do you think Nutt was desperate to get rid of Joe Ferguson, probably one of the best quarterbacks coaches and offensive minds to ever be at Arkansas)!

nwarazfan

Broyles didn't hire Nutt.  I guess you don't know your Hog history.

razorback107

everyone keep in mind that LSU showed that weren't as good as people thought....and reggie's defense jumped alright...keep in mind we played two nobody teams and then two teams that suck...besides ourselves.  Miss state and Miss.

warparty44

the credit should go to JFB for telling him to pull his head out off his @$$ and get something done or take his no coaching, loved that helmet so much I changed the color, bouncing around, short bus "special", murray st cronnies and get to stepping.... geesh... get a clue, he's worse than luther and dobber on coach

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: warparty44 on December 11, 2005, 12:48:46 am
geesh... get a clue, he's worse than luther and dobber on coach

CLASSIC!

Bacon out...

jkstock04

The only thing that I would "give" for HDN is my middle finger.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

silvertip

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on December 10, 2005, 11:04:09 pm
Cudo's Illuzionz14. Your waisting your time though. Your dealing with nay sayers, and idiots here however. Case in point...........every last one of these people pissed, and moaned about a OC, and most of them named Gus as their man with the plan. Now however those same ones are also the ones griping about "hiring a coach straight out of high school". Oh, and lets not forget the "Gus wont come here and work with Nutt......the only way Gus will come here is to fire Nutt, and hire Butch" ..........LOL well now that that has been shut down I can just here it now....."Oh well Gus came here to pave the way for Butch" Yeah and the moon is made of cheese and the sun is made out of gold. Fact is Nutt is here, and will be here. My opinion is it is about time he hired a OC, and Gus will make a great fit here. As far as this board though lol you will never get the "Chicken Littles" to see the bright future coming nor will you dazle them with the real facts, and real numbers because in their heads they are all "important to the program", and or "have sources , or freinds close to those in the know", and of course the burger flippers know way more than someone who actually works for the UA. Anyway Illuzionz14 welcome to the board man, and little bit of advice for you......If you support the program in any way here be prepared to be called a Nutt Hugger, idiot, moron, ill informed, dumbass, or whatever else these guys can come up with to bash you as best they can to try, and shut you up because we just cant have support for the program, ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo that just cant happen here lol. Go Hogs......... Nice hire HDN. Next year is going to be great...............10 - 2 at worst.

Best post I have seen since I joined hogville!  It is one of the first post I have seen that has even a semblence of true razorback spirit!  Good job! Go Hogs!

Oh wow, DUDE!!! The "best post I have seen since I joined hogville." Man, I am SOOOO impressed. Considering that the WestMemphiHogFan joined TWO DAYS AGO. Considering that most of what he's read was in this one thread.

Be glad you have a job at all, Markuson, And get your ass to work on the PASSING game. You're not impressing anyone here.

Dances With Hogs

Hey,Illuzion and that is a proper name, come down out of the clouds.

hoggystyle78

And when MM and Damian williams leave for a better coach, nutt should bear the full brunt of the fans anger, and he should be fired, he won't be but he should.

Flatfoot

Steve if you so are so confident about a 10-2 year, please by all means break out the checkbook and lets see who really has the guts to play.  Whatever amount you can come up with I will cover.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.