Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eduardo Carmona

Started by Big Papa Satan, December 10, 2005, 02:28:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

Talk about a player we need.  The kid has had an unbelievable game today in the state championship for Charleston, hitting field goals of 40, 45, and 33 yards, booming nearly all of his kickoffs in the endzone, and averaging around 40 yards a punt, with a 59 yarder.  Isn't much of a wind there, either.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

chshog

Charleston. 22 to 9 I, think was the final score

Big Papa Satan

Ended ten minutes ago.  Charleston is your new AA champion.  Won 22-9.

Bomis Hawg

Carmona and the kid from Springdale.

Nice to get both. 

BigPapaHawg

This would be a nice pick up!
WOO PIG

whatsshakinbacon

would Carmona walk on?  Any word that this might happen?

Bacon out...

chiefsfan

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 10, 2005, 10:36:39 pm
would Carmona walk on? Any word that this might happen?

Bacon out...

I think Arkansas will need to offer Carmona a scholly to get him.   Because I know a couple of other schools have offered him scholly's...

Unless he just wants to be a hog, but I dont know if there are alot of those left in this state anymore...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chshog

Eddy would love to be a Hog and has said so since the 8th grade but a scholarhip over walking on?
I think the kid will take a scholarship somewhere else.

PAHog

Nutt will never offer a kicker a scholarship, and we'll continue to lose games b/c of it.  My wife has family in Charleston and said that he kicked a 62-yarder in practice.  He's originally from Mexico and is a converted soccer player (a la the All-American from WF).  From what I understand, he still struggles w/ English.  Anyone know if he would be academically eligible?
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

5 little pigs

Quote from: PAHog on December 11, 2005, 08:44:47 am
Nutt will never offer a kicker a scholarship, and we'll continue to lose games b/c of it. My wife has family in Charleston and said that he kicked a 62-yarder in practice. He's originally from Mexico and is a converted soccer player (a la the All-American from WF). From what I understand, he still struggles w/ English. Anyone know if he would be academically eligible?

Nutt has the insight of an oak tree!!

PorcineSublime

Wasn't Steve Cox from Charleston? Seems like it anyway. Now that boy could kick. Hard to say if a kid who has not lived in Arkansas or even the US his whole life would be a devoted Hog fan. But it could be that he is. Don't know his economic status. That would have alot to do as to whether he would walk on as well. If we don't get him, Tejada does bleed razorback red and is a very good kicker in his own right. We would just have to wait one more year to get him. Hopefully we will get a change of heart and offer a kicker for once.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Boared

Nutt might as well offer him a schollie. It's not like they're running out of them seeing as how we haven't had a commit since the season began.

lumphog

Quote from: 5 little pigs on December 11, 2005, 08:47:03 am
Nutt will never offer a kicker a scholarship, and we'll continue to lose games b/c of it. My wife has family in Charleston and said that he kicked a 62-yarder in practice. He's originally from Mexico and is a converted soccer player (a la the All-American from WF). From what I understand, he still struggles w/ English. Anyone know if he would be academically eligible?

Quote from: 5 little pigs on December 11, 2005, 08:47:03 am

WATCH OUT.................I LOVE OAK TREES !

Kilgor

Carmona will not be offered a scholarship this year.  Tejada at Springdale will receive one next year.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Shizzle

Carmona is a better kicker than the kid from Springdale trust me. I watched both championship games Carmona is incredible.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

hogsanity

Can he kick off the turf?  Seems every kicker we get is all world til he tries it without a tee.  Remember the kid from Texarkana, O'Donaho.  We gave him a scholarship.  What a waste.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Did someone said that Tejada missed two extra points in the championship game??  I thought I heard that.  I haven't seen Carmona, but I've seen Tejada and he was nothing short of awsome...he's automatic from 50 yards and in...and if hes feeling good can kick it 60.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mikeirwin

Quote from: Shizzle on December 11, 2005, 04:21:46 pm
Carmona is a better kicker than the kid from Springdale trust me. I watched both championship games Carmona is incredible.
I'll trust my own eyes.
"The kid from Springdale," wasn't needed much this year so he didn't get much exposure. Tejada's range is incredible. I saw him kick a 54 yarder that cleared by 8-10 yards.

Kilgor

Kickers rarely get injured so no need for a scholarship backup.  We can't waste a scholarship on 2 kickers at the same time.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Shizzle on December 11, 2005, 04:21:46 pm

You're basing your entire evaluation of players on a single game that they each played?
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Steve C

I don't know this kid at all but I was so happy to see him make his FG's in the championship game Saturday.  After missing some last year, and probably blaming himself for the past year, he was able to redeem himself this year!   I think thats awesome and I'm happy for him!  Good job kid!!

katocat13

I've watched Eddie for 3 years.  He's a hell of a kicker.  Mike, maybe you should have watched some of the Charleston games.  He usually kicked the ball out of the endzone on kick offs.  Last year he missed those field goals because he didn't adjust to the college goal posts.  Something about using high school hash marks and college goal posts?

He's a good kid.  He's a good kicker.  and as far as I know he hasn't committed to anyone. 

and I know the guys in the press box were wowed by his ability in that championship game.  how many times does a kicker make MVP over a qb? 

mikeirwin

Quote from: katocat13 on December 11, 2005, 07:25:37 pm
I've watched Eddie for 3 years. He's a hell of a kicker. Mike, maybe you should have watched some of the Charleston games. He usually kicked the ball out of the endzone on kick offs. Last year he missed those field goals because he didn't adjust to the college goal posts. Something about using high school hash marks and college goal posts?

He's a good kid. He's a good kicker. and as far as I know he hasn't committed to anyone.

and I know the guys in the press box were wowed by his ability in that championship game. how many times does a kicker make MVP over a qb?
I'm not the one who said that one kicker was better than the other. I'm saying I'm not prepared to accept that Carmona is better just because Charleston fans say so. What do you think Springdale fans will say ?
They're both good but it's immaterial because the word is Carmona cannot afford to walk on and will accept a scholarship offer somewhere else.
My guess is Gus will convince Nutt to offer Tejada next year.

Boared

Does anyone know if Vavra is a decent kicker (besides kickoffs)?

RebelHawg

with kickers we do not need someone who can kick the ball in the end zone in a highschool game....we need someone who can kick the ball out of the endzone in a college game

Sonofahog

What is a "kicker" and why haven't we had one lately??
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: RebelHawg on December 11, 2005, 07:41:46 pm
with kickers we do not need someone who can kick the ball in the end zone in a highschool game....we need someone who can kick the ball out of the endzone in a college game

I think Tejada will be able to do that.  My assessment is that he has some minor accuracy issues, but has tons of power.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

HogInGermany

Quote from: RebelHawg on December 11, 2005, 07:41:46 pm

Kind of like we do not need an offensive coordinator who can dominate high school defenses.... we need one that can dominate or at least succeed against SEC defenses.

Kilgor

Quote from: CabotHog on December 11, 2005, 06:32:31 pm
Quote from: Kilgor on December 11, 2005, 04:46:08 pm
Kickers rarely get injured so no need for a scholarship backup. We can't waste a scholarship on 2 kickers at the same time.

3 Qb's rarely get hurt too. Kickers score more points than anyone else. How many games would we have won this year with quality kicking?

Name 3 SEC teams with more than one place kicker on scholarship.  Scholarship's are a limited commodity.

Kilgor

You can get by with walk-on kickers if you have to.  If you are down to walk-on defensive linemen, you are screwed.

Common practice is to keep one scholarship place kicker at all times with seniors and freshmen sometimes overlapping.  You don't give a scholarship to a kicker and then give another one to a kicker the next year.  They would rather have Tejada, so our kicking game will just have to get by on walkons this year.

You can argue with me till you are blue in the face and that won't change the way things are done.

Boared

We seem to waste schollies every year on guys that don't pan out, so why not offer 1 schollie to a kicker this year, even if we're going to offer Tejada next year? Hell, they could use the scholarship we offered Chris Brown. This could potentially help us win games this coming year.

Kilgor

Quote from: Kilgor on December 11, 2005, 09:50:00 pm
You can argue with me till you are blue in the face and that won't change the way things are done.

See above.

whatsshakinbacon

But I think we ought to have 5 scholarship kickers!!!

Bacon out...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kilgor

RebelHawg

lets hope we can find us one hell of a kicker for next season

Kilgor

Quote from: CabotHog on December 11, 2005, 10:31:57 pm
Quote from: Kilgor on December 11, 2005, 09:50:00 pm
You can get by with walk-on kickers if you have to. If you are down to walk-on defensive linemen, you are screwed.

Common practice is to keep one scholarship place kicker at all times with seniors and freshmen sometimes overlapping. You don't give a scholarship to a kicker and then give another one to a kicker the next year. They would rather have Tejada, so our kicking game will just have to get by on walkons this year.

*yawn*

"the way things are done".....Maybe you haven't realized it yet, but neither one of us can change the way things are done on the Hill.

*yawn*  I'm glad you grasp my point.

chshog

All I know is that special teams is suppossed to be a third of the  game. Since kicking is such a large part of that, seems a scholarship or two would be a smart investment.